Watch Porsche's 911 GT2 RS Monster Road America in Record Time

Maybe it is just me, but I don't quite understand the headline. What is "monster Road America"? Should that read "master Road America"? Or "Watch Porsche's 911 GT2 RS monster Road America record time"? Either "master" is the wrong word there, or the "in" doesn't belong. Perhaps it is just me, but it looks off.

Last edited:
I don't understand the headline. What is "monster Road America" supposed to mean? Is that supposed to be "master Road America"? Or "Watch Porsche's 911 GT2 RS monster Road America record time"?
"Monster" is a colloquial verb meaning "to destroy", in the sense of what a fictional monster does to its victims. Although it can also be used as a verb meaning "to use intimidating tactics" on a similar basis.

"Monster" is a colloquial verb meaning "to destroy", in the sense of what a fictional monster does to its victims. Although it can also be used as a verb meaning "to use intimidating tactics" on a similar basis.

Verbing weirds language.

Cool article. Crazy car.

"Monster" is a colloquial verb meaning "to destroy", in the sense of what a fictional monster does to its victims.

Gotcha. I have never heard "monster" used in that context, at least not here in the U.S. At least in my own little world anyway. :) The word "master", for sure. All good. Thanks for the response!

"Any noun can be a verb if you noun it hard enough", right? :cheers:
English is easy, they said...

These road cars are really impressive, but it also puts into perspective how quick racecars are too. The time is good enough to have lined up 5th of thr 25-30 cars on the 1967 Can-Am Grid.

IMSA TCR (280bh/ 80% max throttle/rubbish Conti tyres) 2:21
Viper ACR 2:20
911 GT3 RS 2:18
GT4/TCR 2:17 (although I suspect it will be around 2:15 this year with the much better Michelins)
911 GT2 RS 2:15
NASCAR Xfinity 2:13
911 GT3 Cup car 2:11
FIA GT3/Huracan Trofeo 2:04
GTE 2:02

English is easy, they said...

I was told basically the same when I started to learn English in high school in the early ‘90s. In the meantime I speak both English and German fluently (the latter for over 20 years now) and I can say now quite confidently: if someone says that English is easy, he/she can’t actually speak the language, just thinks so. I started with German and to this day I stand by to my belief that it’s easier than English by a lot. Let’s continue Englishing LOL

These road cars are really impressive, but it also puts into perspective how quick racecars are too. The time is good enough to have lined up 5th of thr 25-30 cars on the 1967 Can-Am Grid.

IMSA TCR (280bh/ 80% max throttle/rubbish Conti tyres) 2:21
Viper ACR 2:20
911 GT3 RS 2:18
GT4/TCR 2:17 (although I suspect it will be around 2:15 this year with the much better Michelins)
NASCAR Xfinity 2:13
FIA GT3/Huracan Trofeo 2:04
GTE 2:02

Very interesting list!!

I wonder how the new SRO GT2 category will fit in. Spa is a great circuit to start for them, every category has there laptimes, will be an easy comparison.

Last edited by a moderator:

Only 4s slower than a Cup car on slicks... ridiculous.

The "Pilot Sport Cup 2 R" tyres are "track day" tyres. Utterly useless in the wet, unlike the non R variant, which are just frightening. Might as well be cut slicks.

What would the ACR lap with these tyres, I wonder?

Moreover, tyre tech moves fast - even designs just a few years old are already obsolete in pure performance terms.

Back