Watch the GT500 Nissan GT-R Take On FM7's New Dynamic Weather

Track looks great as do the pit boxes, but the colour pallet seems a bit off to me. But they sure are pushing the enveloppe further and further.

Looks smooth and clean but there is something off as with all forza games. I think it is the lighting. At the first glance it reminds me of shift 2. Will try it on pc tho.

Couple of things to note:

1. New cockpit camera angle at the start? FOV seems much different plus no steering wheel and arms are visible.
2. GT500 GT-R still sounds like a V6 and not an inline-4 turbo which is rather annoying.

...nothing comes even close to Driveclub's weather effects...
And in the same vein, nothing else in Driveclub will come close to this or GTS. Except maybe post-release support, although thats arguable considering the situation they were in.

Different strokes for different fol... developers.

...is it just me or does that gameplay footage feel extremely unnatural? I mean... physics-, sound- as well as graphics-wise? Especially when I compare it to the most recent P CARS 2 videos it feels a bit off of what I'd have expected from that game.

The "rewind" thing still there. Driving line... GT wins in graphics anyday.
Just for you
screenshot_462.jpg

...is it just me or does that gameplay footage feel extremely unnatural? I mean... physics-, sound- as well as graphics-wise? Especially when I compare it to the most recent P CARS 2 videos it feels a bit off of what I'd have expected from that game.

Those aspects seem to be Forza as usual. Take it if you want a comprehensive and interactive car library that is somewhat surperficial physics-wise, leave it if you want something more in depth with less variety.

The "rewind" thing still there. Driving line... GT wins in graphics anyday.
Is this the only thing GT has going for it nowadays? What happen to 'driving' being a big part in the GT franchise? I guess it's becoming more and more irrelevant if that is the case?
The GT forum is surprisingly, the only place I haven't seen such foolishness posted since yesterday.
Right?

Last edited:

Just like FM6, right?

Loving the cables jumping up and down on the dashboard. Don't think it's going to look quite as good as GTS but I think it's going to come pretty damn close and maybe surpass it in some situations.

Just like FM6, right?

Loving the cables jumping up and down on the dashboard. Don't think it's going to look quite as good as GTS but I think it's going to come pretty damn close and maybe surpass it in some situations.

Well unlike GT Sport this actually hits native 4K, maintains a framerate of 60 and has dynamic weather.

GT Sport has a good lighting engine but it's going to be an uphill battle.

Is this the only thing GT has going for it nowadays? What happen to 'driving' being a big part in the GT franchise? I guess it's becoming more and more irrelevant if that is the case?

Right?

Dont get me wrong. the fanbase e even the newbies dont need this feature anymore (my opnion).. after playing the 6 iterations of forza. This thing don'let the players evolve or take the sense of risk in a race game. Then.... They go to online and you know.

About the graphic... Xbox X is Cooming to Claim the most powerfull Console evermade. .. And choose the new Forza to showcase. And then... Well... With GT and PCARS 2 has allready show us... Its Hard to Compete. But lets see.

Dont get me wrong. the fanbase e even the newbies dont need this feature anymore (my opnion).. after playing the 6 iterations of forza. This thing don'let the players evolve or take the sense of risk in a race game. Then.... They go to online and you know
It's letting you take just as much risk as any other game. I use it regularly offline and it does not make me slower because of it.

About the graphic... Xbox X is Cooming to Claim the most powerfull Console evermade. .. And choose the new Forza to showcase. And then... Well... With GT and PCARS 2 has allready show us... Its Hard to Compete. But lets see.
Gt does not have dynamic anything and is apparently not able to keep a locked frame rate either. It looks damn nice, you're right, but that's because they put a heavier importance on that compared to other games. Pcars I do agree on, but I'm waiting given the last iteration and it's issues.

First thing i do in all racing games-switch off braking line,racing line,rewind option,all assists,etc - those things are OPTIONAL for a reason...
As for graphics - im not bothered really,i dont need to be worried about it since its T10 game,so it will be top notch.
BTW - Suzuka and Mapple Walley returns ;)

Did I hear thunder cracking @ 3:08??
That is a nice touch.
Competition this, that, blah who cares....
Forza is looking very, very good.

Back