WDS 15: A Blind Challenge Pro D1GP section - Results In!

• Thread starter Suzuki
  • 62 comments

Your Picks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
United States
Memphis, Tn
LayNLow
suzuka2ky0.jpg

Please read the following section carefully. Failure to comply with the rules may result in your video
not being shown in the final poll.

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. NO IDENTIFYING MARKS. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured on entrant's choice of track cam or dive cam, as well as with the chase cam + display. Failure to at least show the chase view+display will result in your video not being shown in the final poll - NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Entrants will upload their videos to YouTube. Entrants will not post their videos in the thread themselves.
  • Entrants will PM me the YouTube link to their video before the next Sunday. All that is necessary is the URL. It should look similar to the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dl49BbZi6Q
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (usually Sunday, unless I'm very busy).
  • There will be 1 week of voting to determine a winner.
  • The winner selects a theme & location for a future WDS.
Polling Rules:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I WILL ALLOW 2 VOTES PER PERSON, NO MORE. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is obvious tampering with the poll results, [for example: asking your friends to vote for your video, etc], you may either have votes deducted in the final tally or may be excluded from the poll altogether. If it becomes a common occurrence I may suspend future WDS entries as well.
  • There will be two Honourable Mentions each week:
    • The entrant who won the right to pick the theme/location (ie. the winner three weeks ago).
    • The entrant who won the previous WDS event.
    If clips are submitted by these individuals, they will be placed in a special HM's section of this post, and will not be placed in the poll.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
If anyone has any questions or suggested changes to this format please PM me about it.

This Week's Challenge:

As indicated in the above map. Suzuka Circuit turns 5-7. The track is only available in forwards, but these turns are to be done in reverse like the above map indicates.

Theme:
Any FR car with a final power output of 500hp or less (after you've completed your tuning). The same tire compound must be used on the front and rear.

Please show the loading screen that displays your power and tires at the beginning of one of your replay angles.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, February 17th.

Entrants:
articzap
LOON
whitsonracing
GEETOWN_DRIFTER
Tulok
TYP-27R
DORIFTO_N()B
Geoff
SammiTougeGirl
360-D1

Additional Notes:
I would like you guys to do a standing start around where the red line starts on the map. Here is a video to show the starting point and also will give you some ideas on how your lines should be:

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Results:

• 1st -- Video 4 Ske 10 Votes
  • 2nd -- Video 6 Geetown_Drifter 6 Votes
  • 3rd -- Video 1 SammyTougeGirl 4 Votes
  • 4th -- Video 7 Geoff 3 Votes
  • 5th -- Video 2 Sheron 2 Votes
  • --- -- Video 5 articzap 2 Votes
  • --- -- Video 3 360-D1 2 Votes

Count me in for this one.

So you want us to start from a standstill and then take the corner.

Do you want us to start off at the start finish line(the real one), go up and turn around at the drift start. Come to a stop and then do our run? And include all of this in our replay?

yeah, just show the hp, then fast forward the replay to where it starts will be fine. you dont have to come to a complete stop, but just slow down, do a uturn then start your run. if you guys want i can do a demo real quick and upload it.
and the theme isnt really the same. this section is totally different than HSR. youll see when you run it a few times.

yeah, just show the hp, then fast forward the replay to where it starts will be fine. you dont have to come to a complete stop, but just slow down, do a uturn then start your run. if you guys want i can do a demo real quick and upload it.
and the theme isnt really the same. this section is totally different than HSR. youll see when you run it a few times.

Oh, I see, thats cool. I'm sure we don't need you to do a demo vid but if you want to go ahead.👍

I was just wondering, because last comp there were no race cars or anything, im still deciding on which car to get, it would open the possibilities.

as long as it meets the criteria, i dont have a problem with it.
since this is a d1gp section, i wouldnt mind seeing some d1gp cars here, as long as they are under 500hp when you use them. they come 330-450 stock, so they are fine.

just pulled a car out of the garage and did it in 2 trys. if anyone needs a demo ill be happy to upload it.

yeah, the demo would seem helpful for me. You said standing start in the rules, but moving in another post afterwards, please post it up. :)

Yeah, a demo vid would be great, I just tryed the run and I'm already having trouble. I see why its called blind challenge, that first corner seems impossible to see.

lol. demo is uploaded to youtube, its processing now. ill edit this post with the video when its available. shouldnt be too long.

that is the demo video. lines were off, but its ok. i was just using it to show you guys where to turn around, etc. of course you can speed it up a little more in your editing program if you wish.

Yeah, a demo vid would be great, I just tryed the run and I'm already having trouble. I see why its called blind challenge, that first corner seems impossible to see.

What I am being successful with, is I try not to push the car as hard as I think it needs to be pushed. If you get the car into the perfect entry at the right angle, the rest is all downhill(literally) if you mess up on the first turn, the other turns only get worse. So just go in with moderate power and find the sweet spot in the turn, its a tricky turn because the apex is so odd. But just find that sweet spot and everything will be easy from there.

And also, and I am not sure if this is discussed here. If you use the roof or "bumper" cam. I think it can worsen your drift. For the fact that when you are drifting in real life you look pretty much in the direction of the turn. Just as the wheels usually are pointing to. I mean drivers dont look straight ahead you know what I mean. So it kind of limits your visibility and angle. So the best way to drift mostly I think is chase view. but thats just my opinion. Hope I can help.

And btw, I cant take this corner every run, so dont worry if your messin up a little bit.

i dont know anyone using the chase cam while drifting. i use roof, dking uses bumper cam, another xlink guy i know runs roof cam too. i use 'the force' to tell me whats coming up, whos around me, where they are, etc. :P
ohhh time to update the other post with the demo video.
check the other post for the demo video.

what the... i ... argh. ill upload it again.
dont know why its not there anymore. its not like i took it down.

ahem, its working now for some reason. *shrugs shoulders*

Back