• Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
WDS11-TrialMountain.jpg

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the youtube link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.
Polling Rules:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • There will be two Honourable Mentions each week:
    • The entrant who won the right to pick the theme/location.
    • The entrant who won the previous WDS event.
    If clips are submitted by these individuals, they will be placed in a special HM's section of this post, and will not be placed in the poll.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

First 3 kinks of Trial Mountain. Begin recording on the front straight and finish before the first tunnel.

Theme:
Any car with a V6 engine is permitted. The car may be tuned to any level.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, December 9th.

Entrants:
Boundary Layer
Drift2XS
~Drift King~
Ske
Suzuki
LOON
360-D1
LGforce
SammiTougeGirl
DG5 DRIFTER

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Honourable Mentions:
This week's Honourable Mentions are:
  • Week 8 Winner - Sheron
  • Week 10 Winners - BL & dking

----------------------------------------

Results:

Code:
1st -- Video 7  Ske               13 votes
2nd -- Video 2  SammiTougeGirl    10 votes
3rd -- Video 6  Drift2XS           6 votes
4th -- Video 1  LOON               1 vote
5th -- Video 3  360-D1             0 votes
--- -- Video 4  DG5 DRIFTER        0 votes
--- -- Video 5  LGforce	           0 votes

Another tick in the wins column for Ske. Sammi gave a good fight though. 👍

Statistics:

WDS11stats.JPG

ah i've got a problem. i want to enter, but i don't have a video capture device. could i just send my .max replay file and let you view it that way. or would that be a problem?

eh? i dont get it...which cars in GT are V6? those cars that are labeled "Engine: L6 : DOHC" ?
L6 or I6 is Inline 6 engine. I(or L) formation engines are in an inline pattern, where as V formation engines are in a V shape with an equal number of cylinders on each side of the V. there are plenty of V6 cars in the game, just look around.
and hmm ive only got about 3 suitable v6 cars i could use... i need to go shopping.

The obvious V6 cars I could find are:

RWD
- Clio (V6)
- New Skyline/Infiniti G35
- Nissan 300 ZX (all)
- Nissan 350 Z (all)
- NSX (all)
- DMC DeLorean
- Chrysler Crossfire
- Toyota Tacoma
- Hyundai HCD
- Buick GNX

AWD
- Mitsu 3000GT
- Audi TT 3.2
- Audi A3 3.2
- VW Bora
- VW Beetle RSI
- VW Golf R32
- HPA Golf R32

Ske
The obvious V6 cars I could find are:

RWD
- Clio (V6)
- New Skyline/Infiniti G35
- Nissan 300 ZX (all)
- Nissan 350 Z (all)
- NSX (all)
- DMC DeLorean
- Chrysler Crossfire
- Toyota Tacoma
- Hyundai HCD
- Buick GNX

AWD
- Mitsu 3000GT
- Audi TT 3.2
- Audi A3 3.2
- VW Bora
- VW Beetle RSI
- VW Golf R32
- HPA Golf R32

i do believe the bora is ff, but i could be wrong

L6 or I6 is Inline 6 engine. I(or L) formation engines are in an inline pattern, where as V formation engines are in a V shape with an equal number of cylinders on each side of the V. there are plenty of V6 cars in the game, just look around.
and hmm ive only got about 3 suitable v6 cars i could use... i need to go shopping.

I know those, but i was just confuse with the Ls, cause i never seen it before 💡

a few more cars to add to the list:

Mitsubishi HSRII
Suzuki Escudo Dirt Trial
Acura DN-X
Acura HSC
Calibra touring car
Audi RS4
Alfa Romeo 155 Race Car
Lancia Stratos (+ Rally Car)
Gillet Vertigo
'03 Pescarolo Courage C60

Most of em aren't great options... but some brave soul may wanna try one.

As long as you can record your own vids, yup. 👍

edit:
@H_S2000: no straight 6's. And no boxer 6's either. Has to say 'V6'

I wasn't aware then sheron suggested the theme that there were so few V6's in the game. There's been about 5 cars that I thought had V6's that have turned out to be inlines.

Anyways, consider finding yourself a V6 a part of the challenge for this week, since the track isnt that tough. In the future if the theme is going to be limited by engine Cyliners, the orientation will not matter.

where does it say what type of engine it is. i always thought the 22b was a v6 when through searching online i found it is a 4 cylinder :grumpy:.

go sell the car and itll say, or when you buy it.

intresting to see so many people so clueless about engine configurations.(no offence to anyone) i guess no one reads the cars specs? and btw Subaru's are boxer type engines(or opposed as some would call it) where instead of a V configuration you have -o- -'s being the cyl bank and o being the center of engine.(where the crankshaft is placed) Subaru's and some porches are the only manfg to really use the boxer setup. but i LOVE the way they sound with a straight through exhaust.

where does it say what type of engine it is. i always thought the 22b was a v6 when through searching online i found it is a 4 cylinder :grumpy:.

yeh, all impreza's a boxer 4's

You have to look on the specs screen for the car. It's visible before confirming whether or not you'd like to buy or sell a car.

edit: suzuki beat me

Back