WDS: Week 3 - Let Loose in Monte Carlo -- RESULTS POSTED!!!

Select your TWO favourite clips.

• Video 5 - [YOUTUBE]glsStdsHfNU[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 7 - [YOUTUBE]CPE09_C5g9Y[/YOUTUBE]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
wdsbannerj.jpg

This is the final theme that will be selected by me. After this week everything will be decided by you (the entrants). Ske won the right to select the theme and location for next week's event by winning in Week 1.
I hope everyone is satisfied with this week's theme. It is one that I'm particularly excited about. So, without any further adieu...

Weekly Drift Series - Week 3

Let Loose in Monte Carlo
by Boundary Layer

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.

Polling Rules
:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS. Also, if you win on a week where you chose the theme/location, I'll let the second place finisher have their pick for a future week.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

WDS3-MonteCarlo.jpg

Please begin capturing somewhere in the straight before the right hand kink leading into turn 2. End the video somewhere in the downhill straight after turn 3.

Theme:
You may use any car produced by a European manufacturer. After you have tuned it, it must output over 400hp.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, October 7th.

Entrants:
Boundary Layer - no time
Ske
Midnight Runner - withdrew
Suzuki
360-D1
GEETOWN_DRIFTER
HackiRoku
Geoff
~Drift King~
Drift2XS
MrDK (aka Tmontana)
Pink_the_Floyd
LGforce
Sheron
dj_supra

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

RESULTS:

Code:
1st   Video 8 - Ske                  19 votes
2nd   Video 6 - GEETOWN_DRIFTER      8 votes
3rd   Video 9 - Sheron               5 votes
4th   Video 4 - HackiRoku            4 votes
5th   Video 2 - 360-D1               3 votes
---   Video 3 - Geoff                3 votes
7th   Video 1 - ~Drift King~         2 votes
8th   Video 5 - LGforce              0 votes
---   Video 7 - MrDK                 0 votes

ummm.... any drivetrain designed in Europe transmitting 400+ hp.
There :sly:

To be more direct: FF, FR, MR and AWD are all fair game.

Great theme this week too, i never pratice this corner with high power car, this gonna be a good challenge for me this week too, continue great work BL:tup:
count me in:sly:

i have a car in mind , i think right now about uploading and posting my link :)
...i guess i m in even if i'll be into walls too often:nervous:

I can't not enter the great WDS. Count me totally in BL, great work with these by the way. 👍

Hope I do better at these corners than week 2's ones. :)

Goodluck to everyone.

I am the proud new owner of a avatar, WOOHOO! :D

holly **** this is thoughhhhhhhhh :crazy:
when i go all the way smoking and kissing that last rumble strip i guess i can call it a miracle :D it takes me almost an hour :lol:...but it' s still fun !!

Pretty hard to select a replay here... I always seem to get the feeling I can do one better :dunce:

Anyway, got my car now... Lots of angle and smoke here, though I wish the last right would be a 120+ and not a 90 :P

Having problems here, one hard combo, 4WD gives me somehow massive understeer with the DFP and an FR seems to not let me link the two turns :irked:

I think the first corner has hidden depth to it, the angle seems to getting tighter as you go through. Great choice though, very interesting.
Crazy some people have got their entry's in already. Thats fast. :)

Entry send,
this map give some great looking smoke, good track decision BL:tup:

Yeah, it has great smoke. I think it's because the road is darker, so the smoke shows up better. 👍

I think the first corner has hidden depth to it, the angle seems to getting tighter as you go through. Great choice though, very interesting.

Yeah, it has great smoke. I think it's because the road is darker, so the smoke shows up better. 👍

yes this track is good for this...i ' ve heard once that it's not about the darkness of it but that it has to see with different grip on the tracks : monaco and elcapitan seems to be the rulers but suzuka seems to be the whole extreme...but it' s just not so feelable so is it real ?

and yes too :) this week is really good because it' s about just getting it clean once unlike midfield where you could work the line...it just feels good :lol: going so close to those walls but it works one time out of 20 :dunce: :lol:

but the linking is so though as you say it gets tight at the end and more to clear correct last corner

well i dont know about that but the smoke is indeed great to bad i cant record with my capture card
:grumpy: i had to reinstal windows and the activation code doesnt work so i cant instal it:yuck: :grumpy:

Choosing which replay/car to use was a pain, but I've captured and edited now.. so expect a PM shortly ;)

I'm in. Entry sent.

Dang, this weekly series is a real challenge.

What you talkin bout Sheron?! You know you da mang! :sly:

Seriously, I'm glad the WDS is going well and participants are enjoying it.

Back