Premium
GTP_Brent
wdsbanner2nl9.jpg

Weekly Drift Series - Week 4
Showroom Showdown
Theme and location by Ske

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.

Polling Rules
:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS. Also, if you win on a week where you chose the theme/location, I'll let the second place finisher have their pick for a future week.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

WDS4-ApricotHill.jpg

Please begin capturing somewhere in the straight before turn 1. End the video somewhere in the short straight after turn 3 but before turn 4.

Theme:
You may use any car that is available at a manufacturer's 'New Cars' section, the 'Full Model' section of a manufacturer's 'Tune Shop', or a tuner's 'Full Model' section in the Tuner Village.

You may not use prize cars, or cars purchased from the Historic Showroom, Used Car Showroom I, Used Car Showroom II, or at a manufacturer's 'Classics' section.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, October 14th.

Entrants:
~Drift King~
360-D1
GEETOWN_DRIFTER
Geoff
LGforce
nos2
TRi
Sheron
Suzuki

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Hoping for a good number of entries here, this is a section that I'm sure is familiar to most ;)

Indeed. I'm out this week, and the next though. University.

(you can still enter if you want to Ske, even though it was your pick)

Ske
this is a section that I'm sure is familiar to most ;)

i' m in but this is a classical corner i' m not familiar with at all :lol: ...hope i' ll understand it quick....
another gound round here 👍

i' m in but this is a classical corner i' m not familiar with at all :lol: ...hope i' ll understand it quick....
another gound round here 👍

The trick to this is the second apex ;)

thanks to Ske for the tip but i can't get it right...to me this is one of the hardest apex in GT4

my main problem is again that i just stick too much to the racing line i think :ill:

but i have " dfp vol 1 by mike le chat noir ( fantome ) " so it should help!!

everything ok guys?

There's only 6 entrants, and I haven't received a single vid yet. In the past few weeks I'd normally I have 2 or 3 by now.

Is some global event that I didn't hear about keeping people busy? I just have university midterms keeping me sidelined for a few weeks.

everything ok guys?

There's only 6 entrants, and I haven't received a single vid yet. In the past few weeks I'd normally I have 2 or 3 by now.

Is some global event that I didn't hear about keeping people busy? I just have university midterms keeping me sidelined for a few weeks.

im 99% sure ill have mine in today.
100% sure ill at least have a video to turn in by the end of the week.

This is a section I could never really get right to be honest. I could do it in GT3, but in GT4, it's just annoying!!!! :grumpy: :dopey:

isn't it funny a corner you would normally find so easy, suddenly becomes so difficult when you focus on it?

this used to be my practice/tuning course and i just cant seem to get it the way i want to.

must be the pressure of wanting to get it right...

TRi
isn't it funny a corner you would normally find so easy, suddenly becomes so difficult when you focus on it?

this used to be my practice/tuning course and i just cant seem to get it the way i want to.

must be the pressure of wanting to get it right...

heh, always. its like you pick your fav. track for a competition, one that you can nail every corner, get all possible links, linked, it suddenly becomes impossible to do any of that.
good luck to all.

I would of liked to enter this week, just haven't had the time. Don't know if I will make next weeks one either, going to my Grandad's funeral. :( So I will have to see how my time goes. Good luck to the entarnts this week, there aren't as many as the last ones.

Back