WDS: Week 6 - DRIFT_GVE + BONUS ROUND! -- RESULTS POSTED!!!

Please select your TWO (2) favourite videos.

• Video 4 [youtube]XPiM3vBPf6Q[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Video 9 [youtube]mEVWoxP1LAw[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
wdsbanner2nl9.jpg

Weekly Drift Series - Week 6
DRIFT_GVE
Theme and location by Ske

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. No identifying marks. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured with track cam or dive cam, as well as with chase cam + display
  • Entrant upload their video to youtube. Do not post your video here.
  • Entrant PM's me the link to their video before the next Saturday.
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (Saturday or Sunday).
  • 1 week of voting to determine winner.
  • Winner selects a theme/location for a future WDS.

Polling Rules
:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I will allow 2 votes per person, no more. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is a repeat winner from the previous week, I'll ask the second place finisher to pick a theme/location for a future WDS. Also, if you win on a week where you chose the theme/location, I'll let the second place finisher have their pick for a future week.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
I hope that gives everyone a good impression of the idea behind this competition, and how it will be run. But since it's new there may still be some bugs to work out. If anyone has any questions or suggestions please ask either here, or by PM-ing me.

WDS6-GrandValleyEast.jpg

Please begin capturing somewhere after the uphill section, end capturing in the tunnel.

Theme:
Any Nissan purchased from Nissan dealer/tuning screens, or Used Car Lots, or won. No Tuner Village cars permitted (ie - no HKS and Blitz D1GP cars)

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, October 28th.

Entrants:
~Drift King~
Sheron
Ske
Boundary Layer
360-D1
GEETOWN_DRIFTER - no submission
akina_speedstar
LGforce - no submission
Geoff - no submission
ChampCarFan - no submission

Fat Boy Drifter
Drift2XS
Suzuki
Swift

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

BONUS ROUND!!!
by Boundary Layer

This one is for all you racing drifters. Participation is optional, but encouraged.

WDS6-Bonus.jpg
WDS6-BONUS.jpg

Car:
'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder (6 speed sequential manual transmission). May be tuned to any level. Exceptions - must be fitted with N# tires, drivers aids must be turned off.

The Challenge:
Submit a clip of your fastest time drifting the first sector of El Capitan Reverse. Make sure the T1 split time is clearly visible in your video. It must be done in photomode to ensure equal starts for everyone.

Rules/Regulations/Other Notes:
  • No wall hits (small rubs ok). No more than two wheels off track at a time.
  • Only a chase view with display is necessary for your clip, though you may include other views if you wish. They will be displayed publicly.
  • There will be no poll to determine a winner, it is purely based on time. However, some attempt must be made to drift all corners.
  • Same deadline as main event (23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, October 28th.)

Why Should I Do This???
Participation is optional (you may choose only to do the GVE section) - but it is worth your while to at least give this a try. When I tally up all the scores at the end of the poll for the main event you may recieve a few bonus votes from me. The top 3 times get 2 extra votes in their favour, 4th through 6th get 1 extra vote.

It's gonna be a busy week.

Results:

...umm, sorry. I'm a week behind.

Code:
1st  -- Video 8  - Ske              12 Votes + 2 Bonus = 14
2nd  -- Video 1  - Sheron           6 Votes + 2 Bonus = 8
---  -- Video 2  - Suzuki           6 Votes + 2 Bonus = 8
4th  -- Video 6  - Boundary Layer   3 Votes + 1 Bonus = 4
5th  -- Video 5  - 360-D1           2 Votes + 1 Bonus = 3
6th  -- Video 3  - ~Drift King~     1 Vote
---  -- Video 7  - Drift2XS         1 Vote
---  -- Video 9  - akina_speedstar  0 Votes + 1 Bonus = 1
---  -- Video 10 - Fat Boy Drifter  1 Vote
10th -- Video 4  - Swift            0 Votes
Now, although Ske won, we both agreed on aim that Sheron's and Suzuki's runs were much better, and that you lot just don't know how to vote .
Because Sheron just had a pick for WDS7, I'm awarding Suzuki the right to choose theme/location for WDS9.

Good job everyone.

Car:
'02 Toyota MR2 Spyder (6 speed sequential manual transmission). May be tuned to any level. Exceptions - must be fitted with N# tires, drivers aids must be turned off.

In order to have a decent time, N3 tyres are a must, and (sort of) heavy tune.

Sing me up on both.

im not too sure about entering this one ill try it today and give you my response later on to wether(sp?) i want to compete or not

I've just added a small clarification to the rules. The Bonus is purely optional. You may choose to only enter the exhibition event at GVE - however, I do urge you to at least try the speed drift as well. It's pretty fun.

For those looking for some early comparison for their bonus runs, I was doing 47.5s last night on the DS2 in a medium tune MR2 (225ish hp), with no setup time - and losing half a second or so to those yellow barriers on the bridge every time. :grumpy: To compete for one of those top 3 spots you'll certainly have to do better than that.

i ' m in for both too.

just to be sure about the bonus round : " May be tuned to any level " means that NOS is ok ? right ?

When I was on AIM with Ske talking about this, he said he didn't care ...however, he said that because he didn't think anyone would want to use a race car. The plan was basically to exclude the D1GP cars.

Maybe it would be wise to wait for a word from Ske about this, ChampCarFan. It's his competition this week.

BL got it right, I don't really see why race cars should be disallowed, as they're harder to set up for drifting than road cars (especially when you consider the road cars on offer by Nissan)... although it does clash a bit with the past WDS rounds.

I hope you'll reconsider your race car entry, but unless someone chimes in with strong opinions on it I won't BAN it...

One option could be to limit the whole WDS to road cars (unless themed otherwise) but that's a whole other discussion ;)

Prize cars should be fine, guess you have to fix one more thing in the first post ;)

Like BL said, I was really just out to eliminate the D1 cars

man i finally got gve down pat, i didnt think i was ever going to get it! Now i may just have enough time for the bonus round, depends how i go with my workload... anyone want to design an extension/alteration for me?? Maybe render it in viz for me as well? :lol: .. probably not!!

Anyway, how is everyone else going?

okay then my car i had setup for last WDS and i forgot that it had to be FR so my car is setup nicely for this i think ive got it down
Okay BL IM IN!!!

I started hitting el capitan last night, and boy am i glad i purchased that MR2! I just played around with suspension and gear settings for awhile, and BAM! :eek: that little thing flies!

Cant wait to see the times next week!👍

heh, I'm glad you like that car. It's a fun little thing to toss around. I never found it quite stable enough for serious exhibition runs personally, but for a racing drift I think it's perfect.

I just wanted to post and be on the cautionary side.

There is a reason I want the bonus done in photomode - it is so that everyone starts off equal. No benefit from exitting the final corner of the track carryng more speed through.

You are not to do multiple laps and record a flying lap.
(one person misunderstood this)

Start on photomode, make a run from a standing start on the start/finish, and once you're done sector one, your run is over. If you want to try again restart the session from another standing start.

Thanks and good luck 👍

Sign me up B to the L. :) I wanted to try it before I commited to signing up. I've got a a run down, can't seem to get through the last corner very well. Can do the first two fine, just that last corner is really annoying me. :ouch:

Might have some time to try the bonus, sounds interesting.

I'm sure Sheron will do well in the bonus run, watching that Trueno video of his, amazing. :)

well, I'm done my run for the Bonus. I don't think it's possible for me to go significantly quicker than what I am doing now - and if there is a way, I'm not interested in pursuing it.
I dropped the times I was running a few days ago by quite a substantial margin, so I hope I'm sitting pretty for a top 3 time. 👍👍

Time for GVE.

Mine will be in later tonight, just got to edit and upload. :)

Don't think I can make the bonus round though, gave it a try. Not that great at racing drift. I either race or drift. Not both at the same time. :dunce: Oh well, at least I got the main task done. 👍

Mine will be in later tonight, just got to edit and upload. :)

Don't think I can make the bonus round though, gave it a try. Not that great at racing drift. I either race or drift. Not both at the same time. :dunce: Oh well, at least I got the main task done. 👍

you should have at least tried, if only 3 people enter, that means that all you have to do is turn in an entry for the el captn section and youll get +2 votes.

:ill: i had just no time this week to try anything serious on gve so i just have the bonus round done but i don't want to bother capturing it : it' s useless.

anyway i had a hard time with the last corner in gve so i would have submitted a really really bad vid'.
sorry for not taking part in this one :ouch:

i think it' s gonna be the same for next week so i' ll be on point for week 8.

Back