WDS13: Tsukuba Drift Shootout - Results Posted

Please select your two (2) favourite videos:

• Video 4.0, 4.1 - [youtube]hfClTSQ_-N4[/youtube], [youtube]SwIwpISBShc[/youtube]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
WDS13-Tsukuba.jpg
WDS13-Tsukuba.jpg

Please read the following section carefully. Failure to comply with the rules may result in your video not being shown in the final poll.

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. NO IDENTIFYING MARKS. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured on entrant's choice of track cam or dive cam, as well as with the chase cam + display. Failure to at least show the chase view+display will result in your video not being shown in the final poll - NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Entrants will upload their videos to YouTube. Entrants will not post their videos in the thread themselves.
  • Entrants will PM me the YouTube link to their video before the next Sunday. All that is necessary is the URL. It should look similar to the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dl49BbZi6Q
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (usually Sunday, unless I'm very busy).
  • There will be 1 week of voting to determine a winner.
  • The winner selects a theme & location for a future WDS.
Polling Rules:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I WILL ALLOW 2 VOTES PER PERSON, NO MORE. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is obvious tampering with the poll results, [for example: asking your friends to vote for your video, etc], you may either have votes deducted in the final tally or may be excluded from the poll altogether. If it becomes a common occurrence I may suspend future WDS entries as well.
  • There will be two Honourable Mentions each week:
    • The entrant who won the right to pick the theme/location (ie. the winner three weeks ago).
    • The entrant who won the previous WDS event.
    If clips are submitted by these individuals, they will be placed in a special HM's section of this post, and will not be placed in the poll.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
If anyone has any questions or suggested changes to this format please PM me about it.

This Week's Challenge:

As indicated in the above map. Tsukuba circuit, turns 2 through 5, inclusive.

Theme:
Any car with a final power output of 500hp or less (after you've completed your tuning). The same tire compound must be used on the front and rear.

Please show the loading screen that displays your power and tires at the beginning of one of your replay angles.

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, January 20th.

Entrants:
LOON
~Drift King~
LGforce
articzap
nk4e
360-D1
DG5 DRIFTER
DORIFTO_N()B
Suzuki
Ske
SammiTougeGirl
Miyavi

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Honourable Mentions:
This week's Honourable Mentions are:
  • Week 10 Winners - Boundary Layer & dking
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
Results:

Code:
1st - Video 1 - Suzuki          - 10 Votes
2nd - Video 6 - 360-D1          - 5 Votes
3rd - Video 5 - DORIFTO_N()B    - 3 Votes
--- - Video 7 - Ske             - 3 Votes
5th - Video 2 - SammiTougeGirl  - 2 Votes
--- - Video 3 - LOON            - 2 Votes
7th - Video 4 - TYP-27R         - 0 Votes

just to get this straight... there is no particular car requirements other than power, ie: ?WD, race modified. you need 2 camera angles which has to include a chase cam. and i got til sunday to do it.

thanks.

and what is tyre stagger if you don't mind me asking?

*just found the edit but my point was: " other than power, ie: ?WD, race modified."
coz i would have thought race modded would not be allowed and that there would be different classesie FWD, RWD, AWD... also you go by the HP figure shown on the replay right
? since there is like 3 or 4 different figures in different places....

use your edit button instead of triple posting.
and read the rules. what you see is what you get. no more than 500hp, and no tire stagger.
and tire stagger means you must use the same tire front and rear. like n2/n2 or n3/n3. cant have n3/n2 or n3/n1 or whatever.
btw ive got a run recorded, so ill have something to turn in.

@TYP-27R:

Racing models offer no distinct advantages over regular vehicles as far as drifting goes. If anything I'd say they are disadvantaged, they seldom make comfortable drifters for me.
Both are fair game in this theme.

All drivetrains are welcome as well. Sometimes it might be limited to FR or AWD's, etc, but not this week.

The HP figure to go by is the one that appears when your replay begins. Keep that under 500hp.

@BL

Do you want us to show the very beggining of the replay so we can prove Hp and the tires we use? Asuming you do, are we allowed to drift the first corner or not?

cool, thanks BL... i learned all my drifting in the bp rx7 and i just find it heaps easier then unmodded cars. anyways thanks for the info i'll have a vid soon

cool, thanks BL... i learned all my drifting in the bp rx7 and i just find it heaps easier then unmodded cars. anyways thanks for the info i'll have a vid soon

I hope you don't plan on using that car in this comp because your not allowed to discuss your car choice so as to keep it completely anonymous.

@BL

Do you want us to show the very beggining of the replay so we can prove Hp and the tires we use? Asuming you do, are we allowed to drift the first corner or not?

Oh, forgot to mention that. Yes, lets see that on one of the replay angles.
Thanks for the reminder LOON.

Do whatever you want with the first corner. It should not factor into the voting.

I expect we could get by just fine on honour system and only showing the requested section, but it gives me peace of mind to know that people are adhering to the given theme.

Bleck... been trying a new car... Can't get the settings right without turning to hard into the turn after the S. It's times like these I wish I had a DFP.

Assuming I do get what I want though, lets hope I get the video up. I'm stuck on a cell phone connection in the middle of Thailand. It takes a damn long time just to get on youtube.com here. Well, we shall see.

i record with high qual, then render it at about 40ish megs, then upload it and its fine with me. maybe your initial recording is too low quality?

Back