WDS14: Low Bank Linking - Results Posted

Please select your two (2) favourite videos.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Boundary Layer

navigating a sea of fools
Premium
GTP_Brent
WDS14-HighSpeedRing.jpg

Please read the following section carefully. Failure to comply with the rules may result in your video not being shown in the final poll.

Rules/Structure:
  • WDS Theme/location given on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Entrants have 1 week to perform and capture their drift. NO IDENTIFYING MARKS. You may add music to your video.
  • Drift should be captured on entrant's choice of track cam or dive cam, as well as with the chase cam + display. Failure to at least show the chase view+display will result in your video not being shown in the final poll - NO EXCEPTIONS.
  • Entrants will upload their videos to YouTube. Entrants will not post their videos in the thread themselves.
  • Entrants will PM me the YouTube link to their video before the next Sunday. All that is necessary is the URL. It should look similar to the following: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Dl49BbZi6Q
  • Please do not disclose your car choice or make comments about your run that would make it easy for others to identify.
  • A poll is constructed after the deadline passes (usually Sunday, unless I'm very busy).
  • There will be 1 week of voting to determine a winner.
  • The winner selects a theme & location for a future WDS.
Polling Rules:
  • I am going to check the checkbox enabling multiple votes per voter. I WILL ALLOW 2 VOTES PER PERSON, NO MORE. If you vote for more than two vids I will not count your input in the final tally (if it's done by accident please PM me and I'll make a note of it).
  • I will not count people's votes for their own videos. Even if you feel your vid is the strongest please vote for what you feel are the second and third best.
  • If there is obvious tampering with the poll results, [for example: asking your friends to vote for your video, etc], you may either have votes deducted in the final tally or may be excluded from the poll altogether. If it becomes a common occurrence I may suspend future WDS entries as well.
  • There will be two Honourable Mentions each week:
    • The entrant who won the right to pick the theme/location (ie. the winner three weeks ago).
    • The entrant who won the previous WDS event.
    If clips are submitted by these individuals, they will be placed in a special HM's section of this post, and will not be placed in the poll.
  • If there is a tie for first I will ask one for the theme and the other for the location of a future WDS. (Hopefully there will be no 3-way ties)
If anyone has any questions or suggested changes to this format please PM me about it.

This Week's Challenge:

As indicated in the above map. HSR turns 3 and 4.

Theme:
Any FR road cars. No Race cars or D1 cars (despite D1 cars being road legal).

Deadline:
Video links are due by 23:59:59 Central Time (GMT-6:00) on Saturday, February 10th.

Entrants:

Please post if planning to partake in the festivities, just so I know how many links to expect.
👍

Honourable Mentions:
This week's Honourable Mentions are:
  • Week 11 Winner - Ske
  • Week 13 Winner - Suzuki
Results:

Code:
Video 1 - 360-D1             4 votes
Video 2 - LOON               5 votes
Video 3 - Geoff              6 votes
Video 4 - SammiTougeGirl     1 vote
Video 5 - GEETOWN_DRIFTER    8 votes
Video 6 - Bee_DiZzLE         5 votes

I sure hope some more people enter, not likely though seeing as how close we are to the deadline. Where's everybody at?

So far only 2/8 people have entered, this is really bad.

:ill: it can happen that people have no time or technical problems...
i hope too we won't be only 2 for the poll :nervous:
maybe the deadline should be a little bit extended for more people to enter ?

I'll give it a try. Sign me up! I wonder if it's possible to chain those corners? They are like....huge.

Question: Can I use cars like the Amuse S2000?

i don't think you can the amuse s2000 as it is race modified and that is against the rules... i went to use the tom's x540 but realised the same but do not take my word for it...sorry guys but my brother had a baby 3 days ago so it has been a crazy week for me...but i'll definitely be back for next WDS

P.S: if you can't chain it you prob won't get the best drift...it is a hard one but not impossible, you just have to find the best grip settings to keep up your speed...👍

I'll give it a try. Sign me up! I wonder if it's possible to chain those corners? They are like....huge.

Question: Can I use cars like the Amuse S2000?

I dont know if you can still enter or even if this comp is gonna go through.
yes its posible to link these turns,i've bin able to.

by the way the tuner cars aren't leagal for this comp.

when he said no race or d1 cars, i thought it ment no all out race cars. meaning tuner cars were ok unless they were d1.
but i dont guess it matters because i cant enter either way.

Sorry, I haven't been checking the drift forums much.

I guess I'll keep this one open another week - poll will be posted this coming Sunday. So far there's only 3 entries in and I'd like a few more than that to hold a decent poll.

I'm thinking that this will probably be the last WDS I host. I'm a little short on time, and my PS2 is dead which makes it hard for me to maintain any interest in the game and drifting. The enthusiasm I had for the competition is gone, and I'm certain it's shown in how I've run it.

If people have interest in continuing the WDS I'll leave you to battle it out amongst yourselves to decide who will run it.

I've no problem with the Amuse S2000 or Tom's Chaser if people want to use them.

P.S: if you can't chain it you prob won't get the best drift...it is a hard one but not impossible, you just have to find the best grip settings to keep up your speed...👍

Chaining it was a lot easier than I had imagined. Got the replay ready, just have to find my camera.

Back