Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Well I'm at a loss. I saw John being in the Porsche lobby already when I switched on my PS4, so I clicked on the 'Join Session' button and entered the lobby with the free practice session still under way.

I waited for the clock to hit 9:30pm (Swedish time) but all of a sudden I was back in the main menu and gone from the lobby. Tried re-entering but that didn't work. I can see you in the live stream above but can't get in.

A bit gutted, but I'll try again next week. Sorry @Sick Cylinder.

Last edited:
Had a really great race yesterday. Thank you all for clean and respectfull race. But that rolling start was hilarious :gtpflag:

Also got a kiss in my back bumper from someone with "Coca-Cola" livery, that caused me a spin on the track , but never mind, all in all it was a great race.

Also @Alex ONeill , i was chasing you for 5-10 laps, that was very intesne form my point of view :)

Last edited:
Had a really great race yesterday. Thank you all for clean and respectfull race. But that rolling start was hilarious :gtpflag:

Also got a kiss in my back bumper from someone with "Coca-Cola" livery, that caused me a spin on the track , but never mind, all in all it was a great race.

Also @Alex ONeill , i was chasing you for 5-10 laps, that was very intesne form my point of view :)

That was a great race! It was pretty intense haveing you behind me for that long. The start was pretty bad, I wish they could figure out how to get the AI to work properly when they take over your car. Could always try manual formation lap starts or standing starts. I got a 10 sec penalty from the collision at the start of the race before i was given control of my own car, haha. It was still a good time though. Sorry again to Mr Tree for the bump.

Last edited:
Was a great race guys, has everybody got his mini map on ? Suggestion to set things manualy for formation lap and pitting, AI is a bit buggy ATM.

Here is the video footage for those who want to see:

Qualifying:

Race:

Television broadcast ;)

You're a star!

Good recommendation about having the map.

However I would like to strongly recommend to those who are not using the proximity arrows to use them. Yesterday I witnessed a couple of accidents and several sudden movements because drivers didn't realise someone was running parallel to them.

I am all for realism and immersion but they don't disrupt the feeling for me. I just think of them as my sixth sense telling me that something's there.

Also, just leave here that despite its bugs and flaws, this game is the best. It is in races like yesterday where it truly shines. What a game. I can't imagine how impressive has to be on a powerful PC with VR...

Qualifying was tuff with this many people fighting for space. Every time I was up I had to slow down because a car or two in front was going slow. Nobody seems to want to move out the way to the point where someone came out the pit lane and cut me up wtf? Also the first lap of the race was random public lobby stuff tbf. I was pushed off the track at turn one and by the time I was back on track I was in last place. -4 seconds or something like that then at every chicane on the first lap there were 2 or 3 cars gone off together. On the first lap I went from 8th to 16th and back up to 6th before crossing the line. It was a shame I was so ****! and couldn’t keep the car on track to capitalize. I was so unprepared for that race next time I don’t know the track I will get more practice in. Plus the 911 just would not play ball at all. I lost the back and spun out about 8 times in the race. The car just feels **** and i have no confidence to push in it. Although I am still struggling with the feel of the game so its probably me. Anyway on to the next race Hockenheim I know the track so hopefully I won’t be so far behind. I think I will also get some more practice in 911 on default setup before hand too.

I retired. Not finding a safe passage to pass up sick after I got trown into the grass due to alex accidently hitting cost me quite some seconds. When I tried to overtake him I made a mistake on the breaks send me into the side.

I was so mad about this I couldn't even keep calm and keeonthe car on track...

I was driving with the race leaders ...

I thinking about quiting. This was my least fun experience online so far and I hardly even touched single player...

Don´t quit, things like this happens and if you concentrate on next race you´ll be able to grow with every failure.

Cheers mate

Tbh it's not my crashes that piss me off. I was driving with the raceleaders before I got seperated due to beeing safe. Sorry but next tile the backmarker will feel my nose in his ass... I won't be braking no longer then.

..Well it was the first time we were all together on track, that's why i gently asked if everybody has their mini map on.
Presuming that when it's on it's also looked at. I for instance have also the relative timing on where you can see who is where relative to your position on track.

We have to get used to eachothers driving style and although were clean drivers we sure as hell will not easily give up a position.
Also backmarkers (sorry for that unkind word) can not vannish into thin air, but they can for sure try to make room.

Hope to see you next time on track.

Tbh it's not my crashes that piss me off. I was driving with the raceleaders before I got seperated due to beeing safe. Sorry but next tile the backmarker will feel my nose in his ass... I won't be braking no longer then.

From what I read your race was excellent but two minor clashes with others. Chin up mate!

It'll get a few races to get used to the others.

Also, Zolder + 911 is a tricky combination. I had a major mistake chasing RPGsomething.

Last, I assume full responsibility about first chicane mess. I was having lot of pressure from guy behind and the guy in front brake earlier than expected. Tried to brake, ended up locking and with no steering hit him slightly but enough to make him spin. I then moved to the exterior of the chicane and waited for him.

Apart from that, and a busy qualifying, it was a perfect race for me. Enjoyed every second.

From what I read your race was excellent but two minor clashes with others. Chin up mate!

It'll get a few races to get used to the others.

Also, Zolder + 911 is a tricky combination. I had a major mistake chasing RPGsomething.

Last, I assume full responsibility about first chicane mess. I was having lot of pressure from guy behind and the guy in front brake earlier than expected. Tried to brake, ended up locking and with no steering hit him slightly but enough to make him spin. I then moved to the exterior of the chicane and waited for him.

Apart from that, and a busy qualifying, it was a perfect race for me. Enjoyed every second.

Stays hard to accept for a somewhat competetive soul. Also zolder is one of my favourite tracks. And had a lovely race until the last 5minutes. But if I just raced for the race I'd not join a league.

Problem is my 'season' is screwed before we start.

Stays hard to accept for a somewhat competetive soul. Also zolder is one of my favourite tracks. And had a lovely race until the last 5minutes. But if I just raced for the race I'd not join a league.

Season is long and can easily go the other way for any of us.

Also, for me this is just a taster, getting used to the game, physics and so. And ultimately I do it for the fun of it. :)

I feel your rage @Mr Tree. I got held up at Donington for almost a full lap by a back marker and only got passed when they spun off. I was also held up at willow springs by the same person :rolleyes:. That brought on the rage :mad: and i made a mistake because of it. Its no joke when your are being held up losing time. Especially when the people you are racing are evenly matched its hard to get the time back. Although ramming them seems like the best option and i do like the idea lol get out the way ffs :banghead:. It's not as they wont learn and just think that your 🤬 and wont respect you on track. Best option would be after the race send them a polite message to inform them what they did. Hopefully out of respect they will learn to stay out of yours and everybody else's way. Sick is there some way we could have a penalty system. Well have 3 strikes 1 race ban rule for blue flag and collisions incidents not much point giving a back marker a penalty. Or even instead of race ban they get a 10-15 points reduction in the championship. But 2 clean races reset's all strikes might be harsh with the short seasons. But it might make people think more about how they act on track. @John Wells i came past you twice yesterday and you was perfect 👍.
Also @Friday_GTRP i really like how you have set up your hud it looks far better than the standard setup. I think i will be copying that 👍.

Don't give up MrTree, I got bumped off by someone, don't know who it was:boggled: How did I get a drive through penalty?

That looks really good Friday, in standard mode, map covers mirror.

you can move the hud stuff around john to suit screen ...
Its the same for real drivers ,just think how colin must feel after getting hit by a car returning to track after going off ,damaging his suspension and put him out of the race , he was fighting for the championship with ash sutton ..

Hi JockeP22 - It's possible that you were in a practise room before the meeting - these are often set up by John Wells or other members. I start the race room and issue the invitations at 20:30 approx. - everyone then leaves the practise room and enters the race room.

Ah just read that we don't need to do pitstop...well I was only one who did it.

Hi Jammy21 - we won't be doing pit stops in the current Wednesday or Monday series - it saves me a lot of preparation time being able to set race length to 30 minutes rather than a defined number of laps and for some reason SMS do not allow the Host to set mandatory pit stops with timed races. There also seem to be some problems with pit stops so we will skip them for the moment.

The start was pretty bad, I wish they could figure out how to get the AI to work properly when they take over your car. Could always try manual formation lap starts or standing starts. I got a 10 sec penalty from the collision at the start of the race before i was given control of my own car, haha. It was still a good time though.

Hi Alex - We have now had problems with the rolling starts in the Monday and Wednesday series so we will switch to standing starts until the AI is improved - apparently SMS is working on a patch to stop AI colliding at the start and this will presumably also fix the rolling starts. NB we originally used standing starts on PC1, but switched to rolling starts on PC2 to try to stop people anticipating the start.

However I would like to strongly recommend to those who are not using the proximity arrows to use them. Yesterday I witnessed a couple of accidents and several sudden movements because drivers didn't realise someone was running parallel to them.

Thank you for the helpful comment - everyone should have the proximity arrows on. Also, please follow the good advice of @Friday_GTRP and use the mini map. I will try to alter my HUD to be more similar to the one in his videos.

On GT5 I used to score the championships with dropped scores, which enabled people not to be penalised for an absence or bad score, but I stopped this because some people didn't bother to attend races at the end of the season. For this championship and the other short championships the score for the lowest scoring round will be replaced with the average of the persons scores for the season. For example Mr X is absent from Round 1 and scores 11 in each of the remaining 5 rounds. His total score before before adjustment is 55 and his average score over 6 rounds is 9 therefore his adjusted score at the end of the season is 64. This system will help people who have a bad round and also those like @JockeP22 and @rehdogg15 who have missed one of the rounds.

If people quit or disconnect they are awarded a disconnection score - this is the score one position below that of the last race finisher. For example if the last race finisher was10th (worth 6 points) and there were 3 non-finishers, they would each be awarded 5 points.

Qualification - I found it quite difficult to get a clean lap in. I kept letting people pass, but each time I did that the lap time was obviously spoilt. Eventually I had to try and get a couple of clean laps in because time was running out. We have a 20 minute qualification period so it should be possible for drivers to get in a couple of clean laps. What I noticed a lot of was people being let by and instead of building up to speed and banking a clean lap, they went too fast too soon and were off in the gravel at the next corner - holding up the person who had just let them by!

On GT and PC1 I issued virtual licenses based on achievement / speed - it is my intention to issue new virtual licenses as we have a new game and many new members. Championship winners will be Pro+. The bottom half of the group will be Am (including myself ). The top half of the group will be Pro or Pro+. On GT I used this system to enable multi-class racing with the fastest drivers in slower cars which generated very close racing and a multi-class look.

If we are still having problems with qualifying in the future we may try splitting the room in 2 and have the slower guys (Am) qualify first then retire to pits. The faster guys (Pro) would then have 10 minutes to qualify.

We may also use the licenses in future for team racing where each team will contain a Pro and an Am driver - SMS will be introducing a driver change / team option in a future patch.

We may also use the licenses to help split the group for races which have a small field such as Rally Cross e.g. there would be 3 Pro and 3 Am drivers in each heat with the top 2 or 3 from each heat going through to an A Final and the slower drivers going through to a B Final.

Enough rambling from me about the future! Regarding lapping of back markers - there are now some very fast drivers in the room and as a result the slower drivers will be lapped more often and some people will now be lapped for the first time. As @Friday_GTRP said we need to get used to driving together - I am sure this can improve. Some words in defence of slower drivers - the game is not consistent with blue flags - if there was always a blue flag it would be easier. In Monday's race, multiple times I gave way only to find afterwards that I had given away a position and was not being lapped.

On GT we used to use the horn and flashing lights to warn back markers - they were not allowed to be used at any other time. Could this work in Project Cars 2?

This is a long post, but there is one more very important matter - please do not invite people to the race meeting. I only want invitations to be issued by me to people on my friends list who have signed up for the series and are aware of the rules relating to cars etc. It is not fair to people who have signed up who may find their slot taken by someone who has not signed up to the series.

There were a couple of names in the race that I did not recognise (and are not on my friends list) one of whom was driving the wrong car (Ferrari). If you have a different PSN and GTPlanet name and have signed up please let us know both names. For example SimbaLora (PSN) is known as @AndreasR (GTPlanet). NB I will not issue points to anyone who is not on my friends list.

Race Report and championship points table to follow.

Last edited:
Project CARS GOTY Edition_20170913194445.jpg Project CARS GOTY Edition_20170913201950.jpg Project CARS GOTY Edition_20170913210817.jpg Project CARS GOTY Edition_20170913213111.jpg Project CARS GOTY Edition_20170913213154.jpg Project CARS GOTY Edition_20170920212557.jpg Project CARS 2_20171004205709.jpg Project CARS 2_20171004213026.jpg

Hi Jocke some are the RUFs, 2 are Por. There just done by the share button, but don't do while your driving.:scared:

Everyone should have the proximity arrows on and use the mini map. / Multiple times I gave way only to find afterwards that I had given away a position and was not being lapped. On GT we used to use the horn and flashing lights to warn back markers - they were not allowed to be used at any other time. Could this work in Project Cars 2?
YES flashing lights along with people using the mini map properly should sort this out. The mini map shows 3 colors : RED DOT= Faster Car, Move out the way! / WHITE DOT = This is who you are racing with for position / BLUE DOT = backmarker lap down. Is anybody color blind?
Qualification - in the future we may try splitting the room in 2 and have the slower guys (Am) qualify first then retire to pits. The faster guys (Pro) would then have 10 minutes to qualify.
This sounds good to me
On GT5 I used to score the championships with dropped scores. / Short championships the score for the lowest scoring round will be replaced with the average of the persons scores for the season.
I would prefer the dropped score if possible. As everyone will end the season with higher points than what they actually finished with even without missing a race so it rewards everyone. Well unless they win every race @Friday_GTRP:odd:
team racing where each team will contain a Pro and an Am driver
Are we picking or will they just be assigned?

Back