Rules & Penalties - On

Track Limit Penalties - On
Allowable Time Penalty - 5
Drive Through Penalties - On
Pit Exit Penalty - On
Competitive Racing License - On
Min. Competitive License Required - U100

Conditions
Different weather conditions and time progression may be used from time to time, but will normally be announced in advance (refer to track list).

Realism Settings
Allow Auto Start Engine -Yes
Force Interior view - Yes
Force Driving Line Off - Yes
Force Default Setups - Yes
Force Manual Gears - No
Force Realistic Driving Aids - No
Allow Anti Lock Brakes - No
Allow Traction Control - No
Allow Stability Control - No
Damage Type - Visual only
Mechanical Failures - Yes (be careful not to over-rev)
Allow Ghosted Vehicles - No
Force Manual Pitstops - Yes
Pit Stop Errors - No
Tire Wear - Authentic
Fuel Depletion - No
Force Cooldown Lap - No

NB Please do not reset to track - this is considered cheating, observe track limits, however if your car is on its side or roof or otherwise unable to move, reset to track can be used .

Last edited:
Car Liveries and Numbers

In Project cars 2 you cannot choose a race number like you can in GT6, but you can choose a livery (colour scheme) which is pre-fitted with a race number. select the car then scroll through until you find the one you want.

Last edited:
Rules

We will be following the Online Racing Rules (OLR) as published on GT Planet. Please read and comply with these - click on link below:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gtplanet-online-racing-olr-rules-guidelines.111241/

Key Things
This is a hobby and we do this for fun, including me!
If you make a mistake and gain an advantage - give the place back.
If you make a mistake and go off the track - be careful when you rejoin not to get in the way of oncoming cars (Note reset to track is not allowed and is considered cheating - if you are struggling to stay on track slow down to an appropriate pace).
If you get upset - don't retaliate.
If you get upset - quit the race and calm down.
If you need to complain about someone's driving wait until the next day then send a private message via GT Planet to Sick Cylinder - DO NOT complain about other drivers on this thread or any other public forum.

DO NOT send text messages during qualifying or the race - they are very distracting - wait until after the meeting.
Microphones should be muted during qualifying and the race. Please refrain from any foul language (NB some people may be racing in the presence of their wives and children)

Penalties
I like to keep things simple - if a penalty needs to be given a driver may have their result altered. If it was a serious offence they may be excluded from the results.
Serious and / or repeated offences may result in a temporary suspension or permanent ban.

Last edited:
Can we choose either Porsche GT3 R or the Nürburgring edition to have more variety on liveries ? Obviously they are the same cars.

Possibly there is a bug at the rolling start where the grid order wasn´t the same as qualifying results. We should test this. (I´m fan of rolling start)

Instead of making the room private we could use another option: with password. This has several advantages: one can quit and reenter the room (changing steering options or something) ; the room would be shown in public and attracts new racer and it would be easier for newcomers to enter the room by knowing the password, if it is posted in this thread.

Just my 2cents I like tirewear and fuel consuption. Then again I don't know how the rest thinks of this.

Are pitstops manual? Do we include cooldownlap? And sincr we switch I'm back :P

Can we choose either Porsche GT3 R or the Nürburgring edition to have more variety on liveries ? Obviously they are the same cars.

Possibly there is a bug at the rolling start where the grid order wasn´t the same as qualifying results. We should test this. (I´m fan of rolling start)

Instead of making the room private we could use another option: with password. This has several advantages: one can quit and reenter the room (changing steering options or something) ; the room would be shown in public and attracts new racer and it would be easier for newcomers to enter the room by knowing the password, if it is posted in this thread.

You realise you can change steeringwheel settings from te optiinsmenu while in rzce?

Fuel usage on? - There is no estimated fuel loading anymore so you have no idea without testing how much fuel you need. Also with default setups you can not change fuel load's. This could be interesting and force pit stops for fuel. Although I have not played the game much i dont remember seeing any pit stop strategies?
Does tonight's race count towards the points table? Because i might not be able to make it.

EDIT:Am i right in thinking that there is a ready up button now before the race start?

Fuel usage on? - There is no estimated fuel loading anymore so you have no idea without testing how much fuel you need. Also with default setups you can not change fuel load's. This could be interesting and force pit stops for fuel. Although I have not played the game much i dont remember seeing any pit stop strategies?
Does tonight's race count towards the points table? Because i might not be able to make it.

EDIT:Am i right in thinking that there is a ready up button now before the race start?

This is my biggest issue with tuning locked.

Tirepressure and brakeducts and radiator and fuelload should not be considered tuning...

This is what is makes this default setup a big nuissance imo. But then again could just be a minority :P

I like the default setup idea as everyone has the same car with the same issues so its a level playing field. It also means i don't have to do any practice/setup work. Well unless i dont know the track. It is hard to be competitive with a setup guru when you have no clue what does what.

I like the default setup idea as everyone has the same car with the same issues so its a level playing field. It also means i don't have to do any practice/setup work. Well unless i dont know the track. It is hard to be competitive with a setup guru when you have no clue what does what.

Yes - for the reasons given by Jod08 we will stick with default setups. I have found that when tuning is allowed the gaps between drivers become even bigger and at the moment there is already quite a big gap in the ability level of slower people like myself and faster drivers like Jod and Simba, plus a lot of my friends want to be able to come in from work and just race without having to tune of practise. Also running default setups means I can run shorter championships and give you a greater variety of cars because there is no work involved in setting them up.

I have changed the series so that Mondays focusses on the older cars structured into a historic career format,while Wednesdays feature short championships for modern classics.

Tonight's test race will not carry any points. We will try out the following:
Rolling start
1 compulsory pit stop
Damage
AI drivers
Tyre and fuel wear on

Hello,

i would like to sign up for this.

PSN- Dimse91
GTP- Dimse91

Hi - just send a friend request to Sick_Cylinder2 and you will be able to race. Note tonight is a test race to check and test settings, but no points will be issued - it is still useful to have your entry and comments after the race so that we can improve the series.

Just my 2cents I like tirewear and fuel consuption. Then again I don't know how the rest thinks of this. Are pitstops manual? Do we include cooldownlap? And sincr we switch I'm back :P
You realise you can change steeringwheel settings from te optiinsmenu while in rzce?

Hi Mr Tree - great to have you back! On Mondays (with the older cars) I will leave tyre wear off because they are already difficult enough to drive and lack grip. On Wednesdays we can try tyre and fuel wear - we will try for tonight and see how it goes - we will switch it off if not successful. It was bugged in PC1 with default setups, but it may be ok in PC2.

We won't do a cooldown lap - too much risk of accidentally leaving that on for long tracks! Also the game continues running for quiet a long time and we normally have a big time delay between first and last.

Some good ideas Andreas - Yes we can use both types of Porsche GT3 if they are the same.

The problem I had at a previous rolling start was being hit from behind by the AI, but I will try the Aggression at 0 to see if this is a fix.

I only want people to race with us who are on my friends list so I don't plan to try the password system. It would be nice to have more members, but it is important to keep the quality high which is easier if they come via GT Planet and are on the friends list.

See you all later!

@Sick Cylinder

Just a heads up. Was maybe going to register interest but a couple of issues for me.

Inetrior veiw doesn’t work for me on 21inch TV but more relevant is that rolling starts are hit and miss, online yesterday I received 30sec penalty and heavily damaged car which its engine blew up 5 corners after race start, all because the AI control of the cars during rolling start is manic 👍

I am keen on taking part as it looks right up my alley.

I am however involved on the process of convincing my wife that is a great idea to take over the only TV in the house on a Wednesday after dinner...

I'll send you an invite tonight if successful.

EDIT: I'll be racing tonight. @Sick Cylinder Do you send us an invite to the race or should we look for the room? Cheers!

Last edited:
Forget about that password thing, thought about a fix word so there is no need for invitation, but you can´t do this.

Besides another issue showed up. The mechanical failures made me DQ at qualifying so I couldn´t start, this is (even it might be realistic) not funny.

Hi IB send Sick a friend request, so you can join the action, we are only doing test tonight, real racing next week.

We start at 20.30, but someone might open practice room before then.
Friend request sent.
Just had a race to get familiar with how online works on this game and people seems to race cleaner than in AC.

However someone rammed me on the first corner and I got a warning from the race director. Overtaking another guy he made very small contact with me and received another warning. Hopefully won't reduce my 'cleanliness' score.

Everyone bear in mind this is a test round and I should be able to squeeze in some more testing to fine tune the settings. If necessary we will race without damage, AI and pit stops etc, but hopefully tonight we will get a better idea. I have heard that SMS will be patching the AI to stop the startline collisions - I have also been punted off in a previous test race.

@Sick Cylinder

Just a heads up. Was maybe going to register interest but a couple of issues for me.

Inetrior veiw doesn’t work for me on 21inch TV but more relevant is that rolling starts are hit and miss, online yesterday I received 30sec penalty and heavily damaged car which its engine blew up 5 corners after race start, all because the AI control of the cars during rolling start is manic 👍

Thanks for comments rono - we will be reviewing the use of AI and rolling starts after this test. The AI will be patched shortly so we might delete AI until after the patch. I'll be sticking with the interior view because it seems to help with the closeness of racing by stopping some of the faster options. We are always careful to select cars with a clear and easy cockpit view including only those where the seating position does not need to be altered so the view is clear straight out of the box.

Good racing everyone. Hope I wasn't too defensive Sick. How do change livery of cars, is there a garage. The car was hard to drive at first, then turned force feedback, down to 80 was better.

Whats everyone else doing with the force feedback.

Great and clean racing! Kudos to everyone!

Yes - the racing did look nice and clean tonight - keep up the good driving everyone and it should be a great series.

I was given plenty of warning via a blue flag signal before the race leader lapped me and also I noticed that there was a number 1 above his car - a good idea from SMS.

I found the sound a big disappointment compared with PC1 - very quiet and despite using a 5.1 surround system there seemed to be none of the immersive and involving extra sounds all around which I enjoyed in the first game - I'll try it louder next race . I used to use level 12 on my system with PC1, but now I'm at volume level 18 and it stills seems too quiet! Plus still can't get my Buttkicker / Tactile Transducer system to work with the new game because the audio signal is just too feeble! @IanBell and @The_American please take note!

I tried and tried to set one compulsory pit stop, but the game refused to let me highlight that option. I think we will skip the pit stops for now - a shame because we used to use them on GT, but were unable to use them on PC1 because they were bugged with default setups. When the game wouldn't let me select mandatory pit stops I deleted the tyre and fuel wear.

The plan was to have 6 AI drivers - I set humans to 10, but must have omitted to select AI - apologies. We will do some more testing before next Wednesday to find an appropriate speed level for AI - we try to make them slightly slower than the slowest human. Also, more testing needed to make sure they don't ram at the start. I might try next week just having one AI for Round 1. Hopefully we get a few more members so we don't need them at all.

Good racing everyone. Hope I wasn't too defensive Sick. How do change livery of cars, is there a garage. The car was hard to drive at first, then turned force feedback, down to 80 was better.

Whats everyone else doing with the force feedback.

Your driving was great John - at the start I got caught with my pants down literally! After finishing qualifying I was feeling hot, but not enough to switch on the pedestal fan, so I dropped my trousers with the intention of racing in my boxers, but the race started much quicker than PC1 and I was still tangled up!

The rolling start worked well so we will stick with that - it's used in real GT3 racing as well.

John - to select a livery - click on the manufacturer of choice - scroll to the car you want and then press the triangle button - then click livery - then click on the one you want. Good thing - the game now permanently remembers that livery and gives it to you every time unless you pick the same car with a different livery - a big improvement on PC1.

I am struggling with it lol it feels difrent every time

The FFB seemed quite weak to me today, but I hadn't had time to do any driving since Monday. I have temporarily completely lost all FFB - once in a rallycross race at Lydden and once in a normal race at Brands, but it did come back! Overall FFB seems better than the first game.

Just a quick reminder to all of you to race in the Monday series if you can - it's structured as a historic career mimicking a typical career of a top driver in the 1950's. You start in a road sports car - a Merc 300 SL (SMS have totally transformed that car - from being a dead loss it is now one of the most enjoyable cars in the game). You then progress to an old single seater before reaching the peak of your 1950's career in a Le Mans winning Aston. Even if you are normally a GT3 / modern car type of guy - please give it a go - the slower, older cars normally produce outstanding racing which is closer and a lot of fun. Click on the blue link in my signature for full information:

1950 Poster.jpg

Last edited:
so I dropped my trousers with the intention of racing in my boxers, but the race started much quicker than PC1 and I was still tangled up!
:eek: :lol:
I see you've been trying out other ideas to get a better tactile experience! Good job there's not a video feed or you'd have caused a first corner pile up.

I hope those boxers were full flame retardant racing spec models.

Note: I don't recommend you do that during the summer months when the curtains are open.

Thanks Sick:tup:👍👍

When FFB was at 100, the car was really hard too turn, very stiff. Lost it quite a few times in practice room. So will have look at the 3 setting we have, Raw, two others. Its quite good we can change things now, whilst in the room, think will be testing to get it right.

That last turn Willow Springs, sure theirs more of a hollow now, that wasn't in GT, track doesn't feel as slippery.

Ok I could not be arsed to wright all this last night as it’s a bit long. First off I have not played the game much apart from joining random MP lobby’s. But what is with the settings pages not saving what you select? I set up a 2hr practice in my first lobby but it skipped the practice. So I had to quit to set up a new one and had to add practice 6 times before it saved the setting to add practice.

I am really struggling ffb I just carnt get it to feel right at all and always mess with settings. I seem to need the wheel to be real heavy to feel comfortable in this game. To the extent where I am just fighting the wheel all the time. Today it feels like I was at the gym last night after a couple hours of none stop lapping lol. Towards the end of the race I just gave up with the mess up with my pit stops and no points on offer. Also I have found when looking for a good ffb setting, That adjusting the ffb is almost like I am adjusting the car setup. But this could have been my tyres going cold from sitting on the track while I adjusted them. But after last night’s race I started my career in the Jr.Ginetta’s and in the first practice session I again was messing with the ffb. And I now think I found a nice balance of strength and road feel. This could of course feel totally wrong when I get in a different car again lol. As this also seem to be the case with the ffb lol.

Anyway To last night’s session. Completely new track for me never seen it before last nights race its not bad is it. i wont be in a rush to go there again and Is it just me or do these cars feel slow and dull compared to P.cars1? One problem i have is Forcing default setups disables the brake bias adjustment. This is a key part of getting confident on the brakes and stopping lock ups. It messed me up a couple of times last night. Also in the race I was totally lost to what was going on and to who I was actually racing. I was not sure if it was a back-marker or if I was racing for position. I did have some awesome battles with some people I just don’t know who they was and if it was for track position or not. I think one of the battles was a back-marker trying to un-lap himself. This was fun who ever it was as you was pushing me lol. I also remember finding myself in first place and thinking wtf is going on. Did they get damage, run out fuel? Then I remembered reading something about a mandatory pit stop between 10 and 20 mins. So thought they must of done a mandatory pit. When I entered the pits I didn’t slowdown at all and missed my pit box so it was basically a drive through penalty lol. So on the next lap I slowed down and pitted again to make sure it worked. The pit stops are way to long is there a way to set a pit strategy? I was stationary for about 30-35 seconds I thought my game had crashed as nothing was happening lol. After this I just started pissing about. Another thing i notcied was that the session time had hit zero but i was still albe to lap. So alot of things have changed that i didn't know about. I think I need more practice on this game to get used to all the settings and HUD display and what means what lol. I like the idea of a mandatory pit stop i used to use them on p.cars1 its like a joker lap.

Simba again as always you was next level last night with your pace. I had no more to give and you was just pulling away. Also DD84uk i was struggling to keep up at some points we seemed to keep yoyoing back and forth. All in all it was good fun and i enjoyed it even thought i didn't know exactly what was going on at some parts lol. It was nice clean racing even with the the new guys 👍👍👍

EDIT: The car livery's for the 911 are so crap it looks like they just gave up on them lol

Last edited:
Back