Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

I found the sound a big disappointment compared with PC1 - very quiet and despite using a 5.1 surround system there seemed to be none of the immersive and involving extra sounds all around which I enjoyed in the first game - I'll try it louder next race

Curiously I find more immersive sound with the crappy Sony PS wireless Headset 2.0 (7.1 lol) than with my 5.1 surround system. I can hear more sounds than the engine and wheels, like gear changes, debris, wind... Can be that to maintain a cordial relation with my neighbours I have the volume of the home cinema quite low.

The FFB seemed quite weak to me today, but I hadn't had time to do any driving since Monday. I have temporarily completely lost all FFB - once in a rallycross race at Lydden and once in a normal race at Brands, but it did come back! Overall FFB seems better than the first game.
I am really struggling ffb

I managed to get some numbers that sort of work. I can share them when at home if you like. I found raw to not to work with my T300RS, so I am on immersive flavour instead.

One weird thing happened yesterday at the race and is that I completely lost FFB for like the first 30-40 degrees of turning the wheel. So, the wheel turned the tires but I've got no FFB until I pass those turning degrees. Keeping the car on a straight line or pointing towards a corner was a nightmare as a result.

Did anyone experience this?

Another issues I found... Not having the HUD mirror made guessing where others would try to pass quite a challenge. Apologies if I unfairly blocked anyone. Hopefully they'll sort it out before next week's race.

Also, the points system didn't change. Does anyone know why?

Last, on the long right sweeping corner in the first part of the track (Second corner). What was the right approach? I felt understeering no matter what I tried. My front left tire went up to 110 degrees everytime. If I looked back I could see smoke although I didn't see it coming from any of you.

Also DD84uk i was struggling to keep up at some points we seemed to keep yoyoing back and forth. All in all it was good fun and i enjoyed it even thought i didn't know exactly what was going on at some parts lol. It was nice clean racing even with the the new guys

I was lost as well at some point lol. Good racing though. Loved it although I couldn't maintain the consistency I would like.

Simba was in another league. I feel for him as we didn't oppose any kind of resistance.

Looking forward for next week's race!

One weird thing happened yesterday at the race and is that I completely lost FFB for like the first 30-40 degrees of turning the wheel. So, the wheel turned the tires but I've got no FFB until I pass those turning degrees. Keeping the car on a straight line or pointing towards a corner was a nightmare as a result.

Did anyone experience this?
This is why i have my ffb levels so high because there is a wired dead zoning sensation

If I looked back I could see smoke although I didn't see it coming from any of you.
This is a bug mine was the same, You will see your own smoke but nobody else will.

I'll take that as it didn't work :embarrassed:

What steering wheel are you you guys with larger issues using?

T300, I think it more the fact of how the ffb felt on pcars1 with brake lockup affecting the wheel and rumble from the curbs and lost of traction. This seems lacking in p.cars 2 or my ffb setup is not right. Maybe its the new physics and i just i need to get used it lol.

@jod08 and @IBZ6L20VT have you guys tried turning deadzone to 0 in the steeringoptions? Maybe that helps?

Let me know if it improves with that change or not.

T300 here as well. And yes, I have the dead one at 0.

For me it just happened in our room yesterday.

However, as @jod08 pointed out, it lacks on giving information on what's going on with the wheels. Hard to tell when they are locking or reaching the grip limit. (Although yesterday cars had ABS so no option for lock-ups, albeit the tires screeched like we had no ABS)

I come from AC and I miss the great feeling you could get from the wheel.

PCars is a great game with great potential. They just need to polish a few things out. I have high hopes on this game.

There was no ABS in last nights race mate. All assists get locked off in the lobby settings. Well they are saposed to be. I'm sure sick will confirm. I have all assist set to off in the games option anyway.

If so that gives you a hint on how informative the FFB feels lol. Nah, I tend to not to smash the brakes as also I have it off as well. I thought that the room yesterday would have it on, though.

I think its just a mater of getting use too the new physics, only done about an hour in total. First race online last night, things are different, blue flag on the right, same as track map.

Took about 12 hours to get use to first one, so maybe a little longer.

I find listening to the sound very help full, with my headphones, brakes, tyres, to much squeal, coming too the limit.

Do some more testing a weekend. Has anyone noticed in driver profile, it now has the millage to each track you been on quite neat touch that.:)

at the start I got caught with my pants down literally! After finishing qualifying I was feeling hot, but not enough to switch on the pedestal fan, so I dropped my trousers with the intention of racing in my boxers, but the race started much quicker than PC1 and I was still tangled up!
:eek: :lol:
I see you've been trying out other ideas to get a better tactile experience! Good job there's not a video feed or you'd have caused a first corner pile up.

I hope those boxers were full flame retardant racing spec models.

Note: I don't recommend you do that during the summer months when the curtains are open.
:lol:

I'll sign up for the series if it's not full already, Sick.
I'll be sending you a friend request next time I'm on the PS4 and I'll try the Porsche
for size and see whether or not I'm able to control it.

I haven't actually been in an online lobby in Project CARS 2 yet, is it still mic only or
have SMS added a text chat to the lobbies as in GT6?

:lol:

I'll sign up for the series if it's not full already, Sick.
I'll be sending you a friend request next time I'm on the PS4 and I'll try the Porsche
for size and see whether or not I'm able to control it.

I haven't actually been in an online lobby in Project CARS 2 yet, is it still mic only or
have SMS added a text chat to the lobbies as in GT6?

Hey Jocke - you're always welcome and thanks for the great music! I'm hoping that you will also be free on Monday's because the new Historic Series starts on Monday 2nd October and is going to be super enjoyable - click on the link in my signature for full information.

Here's a picture for you - I was wandering round the paddock at Brands during the Masters Historic Festival when I bumped into Brian Johnson - he was turning the air blue with some colourful language after a trip through the gravel during practise. He was happy to talk about racing and his lovely Mini Cooper S and was kind enough to pose for this shot.

Brian Johnson Mini.jpg

Hi Friday. Welcome.

I'm going to try some settings for my wheel T150, found on youtube. Everyone have a look you might find a setting, which be really helpful.

Would like to join this series, any open places left?

You are welcome to join Friday, but I warn you I am very slow, but try to keep out of the way when being lapped by faster guys. Just send me a friend request - we also race on Monday's and have spaces in that series as well.

Hi guys - guess where I went this morning - clue - I'm going back on Sunday and will provide loads of Porsche pics next week!

Slide 1.jpg
Slide 3.jpg
Slide 2.jpg

My camera battery went flat just as I was taking a picture of the Porsche 919 Le Mans car!

You are welcome to join Friday, but I warn you I am very slow, but try to keep out of the way when being lapped by faster guys. Just send me a friend request - we also race on Monday's and have spaces in that series as well.

Hi guys - guess where I went this morning - clue - I'm going back on Sunday and will provide loads of Porsche pics next week!

View attachment 676094 View attachment 676095 View attachment 676096

My camera battery went flat just as I was taking a picture of the Porsche 919 Le Mans car!

Is it this weekend? Jeez, Sunday's saved!

IMG_0315.JPG
IMG_0316.JPG

For me it's a must every year! Love it. Guess the track of my pictures ;)

Went past the 919 at Goodwood FoS this year, grime and all from LeMans. Didn't take a pic. Lol. Not a huge fan of modern LMP1 cars. Too far from what a car is.

Edit: Actually I have a pic from Goodwood of the actual 911 GT3:

P1090788.JPG

Last edited:
Is it this weekend? Jeez, Sunday's saved!

View attachment 676158 View attachment 676159

For me it's a must every year! Love it. Guess the track of my pictures ;)

Went past the 919 at Goodwood FoS this year, grime and all from LeMans. Didn't take a pic. Lol. Not a huge fan of modern LMP1 cars. Too far from what a car is.

Edit: Actually I have a pic from Goodwood of the actual 911 GT3:

View attachment 676161

Is it Oulton Park?

Here's another couple of shots I took this morning:

Slide 4.jpg

Hello Sick and friends, long time no see! I hope everyone has been doing fine.

I got the game yesterday and thought I'd drop by, glad to see you still doing these. I'm not very experienced with how Pcars works since I barely played the first one, so It'll take me a bit to get used to all the setup options and all that. I'd like to sign up if there's space!

Hello Sick and friends, long time no see! I hope everyone has been doing fine.

I got the game yesterday and thought I'd drop by, glad to see you still doing these. I'm not very experienced with how Pcars works since I barely played the first one, so It'll take me a bit to get used to all the setup options and all that. I'd like to sign up if there's space!

Welcome back Rehdogg! I've added you to the message list on PS4 which we use after races (and sometimes before for queries). Hopefully you will be able to race in the Monday Historic (Merc 300 SL) and Wednesday Modern Classic (Porsche GT3) series. We use default setups on the cars which saves a lot of time.

Back