Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Congratulations to our Champions - Prototype Nervus - GT DD84UK
Wed Nassau Round 13 Totals.jpg

Congratulations to Team Sharp!
Wed Nassau Round 13 Oulton Park International.jpg

Last edited:
Looking forward to this, briefly tried both and they seem to have a similar speed, although the 51 is much trickier to handle. Any of the quick guys been able to tame it enough to compare lap times?

Not saying I'm a quick guy but I haven't tamed it yet. Feels like I'm braking and steering using the rear wheels, not the fronts. Never had a car that had four different colour temperature tyres after an outlap either. It wouldn't be so unweidly if it didn't have a 540° steering box but a 900° one.

I don't think that I'll make it for the rest of Lotus 25 vs 51 championship campaign. I drove the Lotus 51 and its engine consomption was too bad in my opinion.

I don't think that I'll make it for the rest of Lotus 25 vs 51 championship campaign. I drove the Lotus 51 and its engine consomption was too bad in my opinion.

Good News Harsk!

We are scrapping the Lotus 51! The new series will start next week, Wednesday 10th April at Ruapuna Park GP - all drivers will use the Lotus 25 (1.5 litre V8 Formula one car).

Unfortunately SMS made a mistake with these cars so the faster car starts at the back of the grid which isn't safe - @Oldbass47 and I collided while trying to pass a slower car, which ruined both our races and there were many other collisions / incidents during the race including people retiring / giving up.

We might try the Lotus 51 again next year - possibly on short slow tracks in a single make series.

Wed Lotus HSS Poster.jpg

NB - The new series will start next week using just the Lotus 25. A revised table will be issued shortly. Today's round will not count towards the championship, therefore no points will be awarded for today's race.

Just stumbled upon three episodes of the Monaco Historic Grand Prix on All4 (Channel 4 on demand) if anyone is interested. One episode of day 2 in 2016 and both days in 2018. Not the best production but there is some fantastic racing to be seen, including this glorious overtake in the sports cars class (I recorded this off the TV with my phone)

Last edited:

I could see you where having a little trouble, Harsk, keeping the car in a straight line. Everyone should be pleased were, in the same car.👍

We might try the Lotus 51 again next year - possibly on short slow tracks in a single make series.

I think that would exacerbate the issue with the car to be honest, as it's the instability when no throttle is applied on corner entry that is the major stumbling block. Faster circuits like Silverstone and Classic Monza would be better in its current state. If you want I can have a look at reducing that with a custom setup and report back to you. If I am successful I may enlist one of you controller guys to give it a crack to make sure everyone is happy.

There is something very odd about the 51. As Andreas mentioned it will destroy a set of track tyres very quickly. The fronts in particular can wear out within one lap!
I tried it on the all terrain tyres and it didn't feel much different to the normal ones! I never tried the ice tyres. :)

Good luck in trying to tame it.

Good luck in trying to tame it.

Thanks! It's not going to be a tyre issue fortunately. The lift off oversteer suggests that it'll be suspension and differential adjustments that will need to take place. Quite looking forward to having a crack at it to be honest.

I agree with the track tyres, I don't know what happened with the programming of them but I think they must have ticked marshmallow instead of rubber for the material.

they must have ticked marshmallow instead of rubber for the material.
I was going for polystyrene. :)

I think they might be classed as super super super super softs. And strangely it doesn't really handle any better on them!

Quite looking forward to having a crack at it to be honest.
You just need to drive it around backwards so it'll pull itself around the corners.

If you want I can have a look at a custom setup and report back to you.

Yes - please try custom setups for the Lotus 51. We haven't had a race series with tuning allowed yet and generally it hasn't been necessary. In PC1 the Lotus 51 had a really good base setup - it might be interesting to compare the base setups in PC1 and PC2. Maybe they were kept the same and the problem is how the setup works with the new tyre model.

For cheapness the first Formula Fords used road tyres. Now the historic racers use historic tyres with replica tread patterns. I spoke to a driver who told me one set of tyres last for a complete season of racing - presumably this is because the car is light, low powered and has no downforce.

The car in the game should be very forgiving and easy to drive - they were designed for beginners and the cars were bought by race schools. I think SMS just made a mistake with the base setup on the 51.

The 25 in the game is a delight - even better than in PC1 - I'm reading Jackie Stewarts autobiography at the moment - he mentions how difficult the 1.5 litre F1 cars were to drive - they had to driven very precisely - any slide would result in a big loss of speed.

Yes - please try custom setups for the Lotus 51. We haven't had a race series with tuning allowed yet and generally it hasn't been necessary. In PC1 the Lotus 51 had a really good base setup - it might be interesting to compare the base setups in PC1 and PC2. Maybe they were kept the same and the problem is how the setup works with the new tyre model.

Okay, I'll look into it. If I'm successful at improving it we'll just have to have a 5 minute practise session before the first round when we run it so I can share the setup with everyone racing.

Cheers for the PC1 tip, I'll go back and have a look at it. I was initially thinking of aiming for a similar handling to the lotus 25 but with less understeer on corner entry and more chassis oversteer on corner exit (less power oversteer). I based that on the fact that the engine is lighter so won't 'push' the car as much on entry and isn't as powerful so won't light up as much but will still have a pendulum effect due to the rear engine. If you have any other ideas on the handling i'd be grateful for the assistance though, especially if you have any historical info on how it handled.

Okay, I'll look into it. If I'm successful at improving it we'll just have to have a 5 minute practise session before the first round when we run it so I can share the setup with everyone racing.

Cheers for the PC1 tip, I'll go back and have a look at it. I was initially thinking of aiming for a similar handling to the lotus 25 but with less understeer on corner entry and more chassis oversteer on corner exit (less power oversteer). I based that on the fact that the engine is lighter so won't 'push' the car as much on entry and isn't as powerful so won't light up as much but will still have a pendulum effect due to the rear engine. If you have any other ideas on the handling i'd be grateful for the assistance though, especially if you have any historical info on how it handled.

The FWMV Coventry Climax V8 engine used in the Lotus 25 was an all alloy engine whereas the Cortina GT unit used in the 51 was cast iron so would have been a lot heavier. The handling of the 51 should be very similar to the 25 in the game i.e. lots of sliding - the real 51 slid around a lot because of the road tyres used. In real life the 25 was very precise i.e. with minimal sliding.

The lotus 51 needs to race on all terrain or vintage tyres (cant remeber), track tyres dont last at all, so you would need to allow tunning to race it. Personnaly I would avoid racing it, its fun and a challenge to drive but you spend more time trying to keep it on track.

The FWMV Coventry Climax V8 engine used in the Lotus 25 was an all alloy engine whereas the Cortina GT unit used in the 51 was cast iron so would have been a lot heavier. The handling of the 51 should be very similar to the 25 in the game i.e. lots of sliding - the real 51 slid around a lot because of the road tyres used. In real life the 25 was very precise i.e. with minimal sliding.

Aahh! Thanks so much, I would have been going in completely the wrong direction :lol:

The lotus 51 needs to race on all terrain or vintage tyres (cant remeber), track tyres dont last at all, so you would need to allow tunning to race it. Personnaly I would avoid racing it, its fun and a challenge to drive but you spend more time trying to keep it on track.

It's on vintage tyres on the stock setups Hass.

Try this for Lotus 51, vintage tyres, stable settings. Was able too a couple laps, without spinning, you can counter steer through, bend so was easier.:D

Back