Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Hi guys - I have tried to edit my HUD to be more like the one used by @Friday_GTRP - I am able to position things correctly, but cannot get any changes made to save! Could someone have another look at this please and advise. I've spent a ton of time so far trying to save the changes, but with no joy so far!

Hi guys - I have tried to edit my HUD to be more like the one used by @Friday_GTRP - I am able to position things correctly, but cannot get any changes made to save! Could someone have another look at this please and advise. I've spent a ton of time so far trying to save the changes, but with no joy so far!
Same here. I can't have the mirror or the map activated...

Is that kind of bug that gets people really mad as with minor testing it could have been avoided.

Just drove GT Sport... I only lasted 5 minutes.

It only highlighted that I've made the right decision going for PC2.

I don't know where to start. Honestly, makes all the bugs with PCars completely irrelevant.

I tried time trial. No real tracks to choose from. One oval, two dirt tracks and two variants of the same track. I go for the latest with the AMG GT GT3. Music is on, loud, while driving. Yes, I'm serious. There is no way to turn it off when driving. FFB is really poor. Miles behind PC2 and eons behind AC. The track is lame and bland, as with most fake tracks. Despite selecting expert I had a fake speedo HUD in the middle of the interior view blocking the real one, even telling me which 'gear' was the next corner. The car sounded like it was under the sea and nowhere near the real thing or AC/Pcars2. Visually is good (specially the car on a close up) although I'm unimpressed by the general looks at replays.

Then I tried to go to the main menu to turn off the music and it crashed. I gave up at that point.

I owned every GT since the first one. I was a huge supporter. Now, they're clearly overpassed by the competence. It feels really arcade after AC and both Project Cars.

I was thinking on buying it at some point but, this experience just reassured that PC2 is the game to own right now.

Apologies for the rant but honestly, I was truly shocked. After five years I expected much much more.

The only hope is that most kids and rammers will go for it, leaving us to race as it should be, close but clean.

Hello,

@Sick Cylinder , when are you going to update table with point score of previous GT3 race? :) would be good to know who are in front and who are behind.

Also as i understand we do not have to do PIT STOP anymore? also maybe you could update it in top post ?

Maybe there are any more news that we should know?

Pit stops is only available when duration is counting in rounds, not in time.

You can set a mandatory pit you just need a lap time to work off its quit easy tbf. Has anyone done any practice and have a proper lap time? I Looked on youtube just at the 911 gt3 at hock and it looks like its about 1:50ish per lap?. But no idea what setup they was on or the session settings. Plus its hard to tell as they had a bit of traffic. But based on these times its works out like this keeping in mind this allows for no offs and laping consistently at the lap times.
A 1:55 lap time @15 laps - add 10 secs standing start - add 30 secs for a pit stop? Would be a total of 29:25
A 1:50 lap time @16 laps - add 10 secs standing start - add 30 secs for a pit stop? Would be a total of 30:00
A 1.45 lap time @17 laps - add 10 secs standing start - add 30 secs for a pit stop? Would be a total of 30:25

We could always use the fastest time from the pre-race practice and send you a psn message before the race.

Last edited:
You can set a mandatory pit you just need a lap time to work off its quit easy tbf. Has anyone done any practice and have a proper lap time? I Looked on youtube just at the 911 gt3 at hock and it looks like its about 1:50ish per lap?. But no idea what setup they was on or the session settings. Plus its hard to tell as they had a bit of traffic. But based on these times its works out like this keeping in mind this allows for no offs and laping consistently at the lap times.
A 1:55 lap time @15 laps - add 10 secs standing start - add 30 secs for a pit stop? Would be a total of 29:25
A 1:50 lap time @16 laps - add 10 secs standing start - add 30 secs for a pit stop? Would be a total of 30:00
A 1.45 lap time @17 laps - add 10 secs standing start - add 30 secs for a pit stop? Would be a total of 30:25

We could always use the fastest time from the pre-race practice and send you a psn message before the race.

I did a 1:42.190 practicing yesterday. A regular race pace would be between 1:44 and 1:50.

I'm on high 1:42s ~low 43s on average, from the first couple of tested laps, no changes made.

Just drove GT Sport... I only lasted 5 minutes.

It only highlighted that I've made the right decision going for PC2.

I don't know where to start. Honestly, makes all the bugs with PCars completely irrelevant.

I tried time trial. No real tracks to choose from. One oval, two dirt tracks and two variants of the same track. I go for the latest with the AMG GT GT3. Music is on, loud, while driving. Yes, I'm serious. There is no way to turn it off when driving. FFB is really poor. Miles behind PC2 and eons behind AC. The track is lame and bland, as with most fake tracks. Despite selecting expert I had a fake speedo HUD in the middle of the interior view blocking the real one, even telling me which 'gear' was the next corner. The car sounded like it was under the sea and nowhere near the real thing or AC/Pcars2. Visually is good (specially the car on a close up) although I'm unimpressed by the general looks at replays.

Then I tried to go to the main menu to turn off the music and it crashed. I gave up at that point.

I owned every GT since the first one. I was a huge supporter. Now, they're clearly overpassed by the competence. It feels really arcade after AC and both Project Cars.

I was thinking on buying it at some point but, this experience just reassured that PC2 is the game to own right now.

Apologies for the rant but honestly, I was truly shocked. After five years I expected much much more.

The only hope is that most kids and rammers will go for it, leaving us to race as it should be, close but clean.

I must say I'm confused on how different the opinions regarding GT Sport are. The time I spent with it gave me the complete opposite experience you've had. To me, GTS's physics are on par with AC, leaving the rest behind by miles! I drove the Mazda MX 5, the road car, because I tend not be able to sit in and drive a GT3 race car all that often in real life, I can't really compare... what I can compare is that Mazda, and although GTS wouldn't let me use the clutch and shifter, it did at least simulate a gear change properly, a first-time in GT. Goodbye to miraculous, warp-speeded gear changes on cars that simply couldn't ever do that. The wheel (T150) does what it should, it's perfectly adjusted, the rotations on input resemble exactly what the tires show on output, and there's no calibration process needed to get there, and it will make it a lot harder to turn the rotation angle down to gain an advantage over others, like in other games is common practice. So less chance for cheaters.

The weight transision is amazing, I can jump in and throw that car around as I like, it's lovely controlably drifting as I'd expect this particular car should behave. I can feel the car instantly and get the sensation of actually driving this car! Exept for AC and DIRT I haven't got this feedback in any game (on console).
I also tried the Forza 7 Demo and was left completely dissapointed, they said they made a complete overhaul in the physics department... I can't answer anything different but calling them straight liars! Nothing changed, I went back and forth between 6 and 7 demo, and then I tried the Mazda MX5 there (F6), because I didn't have a comparable car for the Porsche 911 GT3 RS from the Demo, and I laughed so hard at how it drives, now that I had the same car in GTS.

It might be that PC and Co. make the race cars feel nice to drive, sure, but it's artificially done. On road cars however, they reveal their flaws in physics. Or why can't I get to enjoyably drive a modern Mercedes AMG 63 or Cadillac CT-V at the Ring without spending an hour tweaking the adjustments first? Those cars are planted and amazingly balanced in real life!

Im far from being a fan boy or anything, but IMH(and honest)O, GTS is great! More than that it's up there with AC, grabbing for the very Crown for best physics on console!

A ranking from me would be like this:
AC + GTS = SimCade 1 (as with Formula cars)
DiRT = SimCade2
PC1; PC2; WRC; SLRE = SimCade3
Forza6 and unfortunately 7 = SimCade4 or Arcade1

Last edited:
Not at the ps4 atm but i think when you altered it with the controller you need to press X or square in order to lit up the save button and then press X to save it.

I've tried again and again to edit the HUD - literally trying every button, but without success and have also seen HUD editing listed in a list of bugs, so I have given up on this for now, but I set the track map to on - it appears in the top right hand corner which is not ideal, but it is now on.

Hello,

@Sick Cylinder , when are you going to update table with point score of previous GT3 race? :) would be good to know who are in front and who are behind. Also as i understand we do not have to do PIT STOP anymore? also maybe you could update it in top post ? Maybe there are any more news that we should know?

Very good points Dimse91 - The results table will be posted after each round in post 1 of the thread immediately below the track list (it is up now). Note I use the Motorcycle points system as I have long thought it better than any of the systems used in car racing as it scores down to 15th place (1 point) and gives a good, but not exaggerated spread of points for the top positions with 25 points for 1st (20 for 2nd, 16 for 3rd, 13 for 4th 11 for 5th, 10 for 6th, 9 for 7th etc.).

We will not be doing pit stops in this series or the next one which runs until Christmas and will stick with the 30 minute race time limit. The top of the thread has been updated.

I won't be racing tonight, but will set up the room and issue the invitations etc. I think I will do one lap then retire to pits (I need to do some family stuff this evening). It would be helpful if someone could post the results after the race including the names of those who attended the start, but disconnected or retired.

Note - the results table only includes the names of those people who are on my friends list and have signed up for the series (or are thought to have signed up). If I have included or excluded you by mistake please let me know so I can correct the table.

Although this (Wednesday) series is full we still have a few spaces (4 left) for the Monday Historic series - the 1952 Le Mans winning Mercedes 300 SL has to be experienced at Bannochbrae to be believed - worth the full price of the game just for that in my opinion! If you (or a friend) are interested in joining the Monday series we would love to have you - I think you will find racing the old cars surprisingly enjoyable!

It would be helpful if someone could post the results after the race including the names of those who attended the start, but disconnected or retired.

I don't mind doing it. Can you tell me how to proceed? Just take a screenshot of the final results?

It might be that PC and Co. make the race cars feel nice to drive, sure, but it's artificially done

I won't really like to get off-topic as my only initial intention was to give a bit of feedback on my short experience with GTS. We can agree or disagree but the best thing to do is to let everyone to try it for themselves.

Just a short note about you saying that it was artificially done. They are games/sims, they are artificial by definition.

Just a short note about you saying that it was artificially done. They are games/sims, they are artificial by definition.
Yes. But that is not what I meant.

I was texting Sick asking about the possibility to take part in tonights race but haven't got a reply yet. Maybe someone else can help me out, the spaces are officially taken up but in case not everyone will come, can I just jump in or how do I do it? I'm used to automatically be signed up, so the situation is somewhat new to me right now :D.

Last edited:
Today was a P.cars ps4 patch that apparently enables UDP so @AndreasR should be able use pcars dash for the timing again. I would imagine @Friday_GTRP will have a live stream up again also. So all the info will on here.

Ref: GTS /... I tried the limited timed demo on Monday and they was not kidding, It is limited. The force feed back to me just felt overly heavy a few hour's of that and i would be ****ed. Try to change the settings and the options section errors every time forcing a game reboot. Tried to access the online and that also error's every time! I would also randomly get error's while loading some of the tests and scenario's. After about 90 mins and about 25 reboots and not even trying a race i gave up. I put p cars 2 back on and joined random lobby's. The only thing i want from gt sport is the graphics. The Demo just felt dull and broken to me. I was actually shocked earlier when someone said it has been 5 years in the making lol. To me P cars 2 feels so much better ive never played AC so can not comment on that. P.cars2 is a better package than gts even with its problems lol. Its like call of duty vs battlefield, one is fun fast paced and has some little bugs and the other is slow long winded and lacking that zing thing lol. Thats my opinion anyway lol :D

Last edited:
Yes. But that is not what I meant.

I was texting Sick asking about the possibility to take part in tonights race but haven't got a reply yet. Maybe someone else can help me out, the spaces are officially taken up but in case not everyone will come, can I just jump in or how do I do it? I'm used to automatically be signed up, so the situation is somewhat new to me right now :D.

Hi Flaco - I will send out 15 invites to people who are online at 20:30 tonight - if someone who signed up is not on, then you will get their invitation. In my experience normally there will be someone absent.

Other Drivers - please do not send out invitations to people - last week we had two people turn up and race who were not on my friends list and had not signed up so presumably did not know the rules - one used the wrong car! We were lucky that not everyone who was invited turned up otherwise there could have been a couple of disappointed people.

Re the patch - The only thing I noticed different was a thing for other devices - I know Simba and Richroo use apps for extra info on tablets / mobile phones etc. There should be full details about the patch on GTPlanet, but I haven't had time to check.

Other Drivers - please do not send out invitations to people - last week we had two people turn up and race who were not on my friends list and had not signed up so presumably did not know the rules - one used the wrong car! We were lucky that not everyone who was invited turned up otherwise there could have been a couple of disappointed people.

Anyone on our friends list can access through the PS menu to the lobby we are racing unless is secured by password.

Or at least this is my understanding.

If I am wrong someone please correct me.

Anyone on our friends list can access through the PS menu to the lobby we are racing unless is secured by password.

Or at least this is my understanding.

If I am wrong someone please correct me.
I think that's correct. You need to set a password

Back