Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

IMG_5297.PNG
IMG_5298.PNG
IMG_5299.PNG

Didn't take the screenshot from quali sorry

What does =am car change mean ,or I am still using the group 5 Bmw . At silverstone gp , I take its rain but 3x weather slots same as morning,
It looks like you should be swapping over to the Ford Capri for the final 3 races. It's quick but a little more lairy than the BMW. Which should be interesting since...
The number of weather slots will be reduced from 4 to 3. This should help the tyres last to the end. We will try this first on Wednesday.
...we're now having a longer spell of rain in the Group 5 "Turbo Monsters"! :crazy:

Yeah, that race was really frustrating. Especially as I'd used the hour before qualifying to practise in the wet so I knew what to expect. You just caught me right in the wrong place DD! Pitted for damage after the big smash but my strategy put slicks on. Sorry for everyone that got caught up in that, didn't know my suspension was shot and that I was driving essentially a wheelbarrow when I tried to put any kind of power down.

A big well done to the podium chaps and those who completed the race. 👍

I wasn't quite so successful. While it wasn't really too bad in the early rain conditions for the life of me I couldn't get the power down in the Nissan once there was standing water on the track. It was spinning its wheels in 5th on the straight on a light throttle! Even when it began to dry, small puddles still sent it sideways. @Tavilha was behind me on the straight when my car just shot off at a tangent. l bet he wondered where I'd gone until I reappeared in front of him a couple of corners later after a bit of rally cross. I seemed to have more traction on the grass. :P
After another couple of sideways moments I gave up and retired. Either my wet tyres didn't displace the water or the aquaplaning physics need a bit of an adjustment.

Just noting @Sick Cylinder.
When they work well they work well but for some reason the starts are getting a little messy recently. There's often a lot of uncertainty of when to go and when to overtake resulting in near misses and slightly drawn out fields.

I think I was the cause of one of those messy starts not long after I joined you guys, I think I remember stalling it on the line in one race.

I don't know about anyone else, but I've always taken the start procedure as written... whereby I set off once the row in front of me is under way. So I go when the car effectively two places ahead of me on the grid is safely under way. I think some people wait until the car in front (next to them) on the grid has left though, which could possibly exacerbate any slow getaways.

Please let me know if I'm doing it wrong though and I'll adjust!

It wasn't aimed at anyone at all RJ, just a general observation really and I'd include myself amongst any "guilty" parties anyway. :)

I haven't been qualifying that highly recently (if at all) so I have been tending to notice the concertina effect of uncertain and hesitant staggered starts ripple down the grid. Drivers starting and then slowing, others not starting, others overtaking and then tying to give the places back etc. Staggered starts have helped in reducing first corner incidents but produces problems of its own.

Last edited:
Okay, thinking about what Paul was saying, I've just had an idea. Now, it's a bit odd... and of course I don't want to step on anyone's toes, especially Sick's as he's been running this group brilliantly, so please shoot it down if necessary!

How about the lead car starts with the pit limiter on until the first corner/complex is complete (whichever makes more sense on the circuit)? That way there is plenty of time for the rest of the field to form up line astern and any slow starters have the time to catch up? Like I said, it's an odd one... But I know that when I've been on pole or towards the front it's been so easy to set off like a scalded cat.

It could leave pole vulnerable to an easy overtake from 2nd though, so perhaps the decision to remove the limiter could remain with the guy on pole, so long as it's after the first corner or complex. I guess kind of like the resuming of racing after the safety car period is up in F1.

I most likely have missed something that makes this a terrible idea though

I most likely have missed something that makes this a terrible idea though
:P The one thing I can think of is that not everyone will have the limiter button mapped. Especially on a pad.

But I know that when I've been on pole or towards the front it's been so easy to set off like a scalded cat.
That's not a problem because that's what you've set a fast qualifying time for to get away quickly.

As I said the current system is fine if everyone gets a good start off the line and at the right time. It's just when that doesn't happen it can have consequences for those behind.
One thing I'd recommend to all is to turn off the on screen starting lights. These have a tendency to make you want to "go on green". Switch them off in the options and rely on the track lights and the movement of the cars in front of you.

I quite liked the single file rolling starts we did at one time* since everyone has momentum there's no chance of wheel spinning or bogging down causing crashes. But there were some tracks where they didn't work quite so well at - mainly those with tight last corners where the cars get bunched up. Also, at times, the game can just dump you unexpectedly close to the car in front! There's been a patch or two since we last tried them so I'll have to give them a test again. Maybe with a bit of driver discipline they could work again sometime. Well on some circuits anyway.

* My favourite was with the formation lap. That was superb for building up the tension. And it allowed plenty of time to get organised into single file, although on longer tracks it did take awhile! Oh and as long as you didn't crash on the formation lap. :)

Here's a little treat :cheers:

Quick laps at Autódromo do Algarve with Group 5 cars used in Sick's room championship, on stock setups. Welcome to my home circuit!

This is not a track guide, so racing lines and lap times can certainly be improved.

Porsche 935/80 - Stable setup

Ford Capri Turbo - Stable setup

BMW 320 Turbo - Loose setup

Nissan Skyline Silhouette - Stable setup

Thanks Tav know gears too use now, its all so in the new Ride 3, little different on 2 wheels.

Yes - thanks @Tavilha - hopefully I get a chance to do some practise tomorrow - I haven't had time for a few weeks, which has shown in my lack of competitiveness. In the last race I was enjoying racing close behind John and Oldbass, but when the puddles built up I found I just couldn't keep the car on the track so opted to retire rather than risk colliding with the faster cars. I actually tried to retire twice, but the first time the game sent me out of the pits so I crept round and went into the pits a second time!

Track history maps, videos.

Thanks John! I read the track details with interest. I remember in commentary on Eurosport they once said that the extreme elevation changes of the track partly relate to it being constructed on the site of a former quarry - perhaps Tavilha or @Harsk100 could confirm if that is actually true.

I read the comments about the starts from @rj5992 and @IfAndOr and agree with much of that discussion - I'll post a suggestion about a revised start procedure shortly. We will try it out before the end of the current series and if it proves successful will use it next year.

Yes - thanks @Tavilha - hopefully I get a chance to do some practise tomorrow - I haven't had time for a few weeks, which has shown in my lack of competitiveness. In the last race I was enjoying racing close behind John and Oldbass, but when the puddles built up I found I just couldn't keep the car on the track so opted to retire rather than risk colliding with the faster cars. I actually tried to retire twice, but the first time the game sent me out of the pits so I crept round and went into the pits a second time!

Thanks John! I read the track details with interest. I remember in commentary on Eurosport they once said that the extreme elevation changes of the track partly relate to it being constructed on the site of a former quarry - perhaps Tavilha or @Harsk100 could confirm if that is actually true.

I read the comments about the starts from @rj5992 and @IfAndOr and agree with much of that discussion - I'll post a suggestion about a revised start procedure shortly. We will try it out before the end of the current series and if it proves successful will use it next year.

I've looked but can't confirm that it was a quarry before. Yet I remember clearly watching on the news some onboard footage of the circuit before it was paved.

Thanks Sick the track isn't that old really, its always good racing there. I remember watching World Superbikes, when Craig Jones got killed at Brands Hatch, Clearways, maybe. Interesting theirs a statue, corners named after him.

I have been tending to notice the concertina effect of uncertain and hesitant staggered starts ripple down the grid. Drivers starting and then slowing, others not starting, others overtaking and then trying to give the places back etc.
Yes, I too have experienced that the starts have felt strange and unnatural for quite a while for these very reasons
you mention above, Paul. You articulate the problem very well.
Staggered starts have helped in reducing first corner incidents but produces problems of its own.
If there was a vote I would go for normal standing starts, with everyone needing to
try their hardest to avoid contact since damage is set to realistic.

of course I don't want to step on anyone's toes, especially Sick's as he's been running this group brilliantly
I don't want to either and Sick indeed runs his series well. I remember 4+ years ago
when I entered Sick's lobby for the first time and watched one of his championship races from the sidelines, I believe they
raced Toyota 7's at Deep Forest that time and the drivers back then were guys like Smiley, Pimiki, eran, Flaco, John and Paul.
Sick invited me after that and I've been sporadically taking part since then. More so lately since I kind of enjoy pCARS2 more these days than GTS.

Hi :)

Any free slots for tomorrow? In which car? If so, I will gladly join and show my racing alter ego to you guys ;)

Hi - Use a number 33 BMW.

I am not sure about the time conversion - we are now on GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) - there should be a converter online between GMT and your country time.

I am not expecting to be competitive myself because Algarve is a very difficult track and due to heavy workload approaching Christmas I have not had enough time for practise.

Warning All Drivers - New Start Procedure !!!

We will try a new start procedure. Pole position car lead off at approximately half racing speed. Rest of grid form up behind in staggered single file. Pole car accelerate to full speed after completing first corner. No overtaking until after first corner.

I am hoping that this type of rolling start will enable the field to be more tightly bunched, but still reduce first lap accidents. The purpose of staggered single file up to the first corner is to try to reduce accidents while braking for and rounding the corner.

Back