Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

Hi guys!

I recentely got PCars2 and the PS Plus, so I can now race online with you guys. Is it okay if I join your lobby at January 3rd?

Congratulations Harsk. We race on Mondays and Wednesdays - the next race is tomorrow (Wednesday) for the Audi A1. The current group of drivers is very clean. They vary a lot in speed from National GT Academy Champion level down to very slow like me. If you join you will need to be very careful to have no contact with other drivers - this game is much harder than GT so be extra careful to give people space at the start, no blocking on straights and give way immediately if you are being lapped. During qualifying you will also need to let people through - find your own space then go for a fast lap or two - sometimes you will need to let some faster drivers through, find a new space and then go again for a quick time.

You will need to send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2 (I use a different name on PS4 compared with PS3).

Did you get Project Cars 2 for Christmas?

Congratulations Harsk. We race on Mondays and Wednesdays - the next race is tomorrow (Wednesday) for the Audi A1. The current group of drivers is very clean. They vary a lot in speed from National GT Academy Champion level down to very slow like me. If you join you will need to be very careful to have no contact with other drivers - this game is much harder than GT so be extra careful to give people space at the start, no blocking on straights and give way immediately if you are being lapped. During qualifying you will also need to let people through - find your own space then go for a fast lap or two - sometimes you will need to let some faster drivers through, find a new space and then go again for a quick time.

You will need to send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder2 (I use a different name on PS4 compared with PS3).

Did you get Project Cars 2 for Christmas?
Well, I had no idea that the series was different from what we did when we were racing on GT6. And yes, I got PCars 2 for Christmas. I'll see if I can send you a friend request tommorrow!

And also, I'm not very good enough with this game, so you might see some of my mistakes such as spinning out and hitting the wall. Sadly, I won't be able to attend tommorrow, as I have other commitents in that day, however, I'll try my best to prepare for the Ginetta GT4 Championship. :)

No worries Harsk see you for the new championship. The game is a harder than GT6, so you sometimes having more accidents, also hard just jump straight in with out any practice. Just try getting use too the game first, maybe look at some settings for controller.:)

Sorry wrong place

Attachments

• fun race 1.jpg
    fun race 1.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 37
  • fun race 2.jpg
    fun race 2.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Sorry Sick C. have my new work schedule for 2018.
I have to work in the evening at wednesday 3 - 24 and 31 january.
So I will miss 3 races :banghead:
I will ask you if there is still space to drive with you the remaining races of this championship.

I hope to see you all at Brand Hatch, Oulton Park and the race at the Silverstone GP circuit.

Happy New Year in 2018, stay healthy and see you all as much as possible on the race tracks ! :cheers:

Greetz Don

:gtpflag:

Sorry Sick C. have my new work schedule for 2018.
I have to work in the evening at wednesday 3 - 24 and 31 january.
So I will miss 3 races :banghead:
I will ask you if there is still space to drive with you the remaining races of this championship.

I hope to see you all at Brand Hatch, Oulton Park and the race at the Silverstone GP circuit.

Happy New Year in 2018, stay healthy and see you all as much as possible on the race tracks ! :cheers:

Greetz Don

:gtpflag:

No problem Don! I am expecting a few spaces so there should be no problem.

Hi Poumstar shouldn't be a problem, send Sick_Cylinder2, a friend request so you can get an invite. We also race on Monday at the same time, 20.30, we doing 1965 Career, so you might want too join that, driving Classic Cars.:D

Have you not got a button for to get car back on its wheels Poumstar? We are are allowed to use it in the last resort.

Was really good race, with Sick, Rich, Harsk, we all you at quite a good pace. In practice the the Al were beating me really badly, came last. :boggled:

Sorry, I was a little late getting online (just before 8.40) so missed out on the invites for the race. :grumpy:
Looks like a good turnout though. 👍

Hopefully I'll make it for next time.

@Poumstar you'll find it in options\controls\edit assignments\game - reset car.
It's a useful one to have just incase. :)

Sorry, I was a little late getting online (just before 8.40) so missed out on the invites for the race. :grumpy:
Looks like a good turnout though. 👍

Hopefully I'll make it for next time.

@Poumstar you'll find it in options\controls\edit assignments\game - reset car.
It's a useful one to have just incase. :)

Sorry - I should have sent you an invite. I had already sent out the full number of invites based on who I thought was attending, but there were a few no shows so there were a few spaces. In future I will send you an invite @IfAndOr

I notice that @JockeP22 is now a GT Planet celebrity having won a special award! This is a clip I posted to celebrate his success - hope you enjoy it!

Couldn't save replay due to 1 GB limitation, so I am waiting @Friday_GTRP video to see what happened in the start.

I really don't like side view in PC2. Saw in the map what another driver is in the same place as me, but didn't saw him in front, back mirror, back or side's view. In situations like this I feel myself like a blind chicken, because don't know what line to choose to avoid contact. In GT series side view is 90 degrees and is more useful.

I run all stock settings. Do you guys do any camera or driver seat position settings to have better panoramic view?

I modified the field of view in Cockpit view (as suggested in previou pages) using some tool you find in google results (for my distance/screen size it’s 38 degrees).

But although it helped with driving accuracy/performance, it got even worst for panoramic view.
In the start It’s always a nightmare for me, I just try to go straight and leave space for other cars on both sides, but it looks it didn’t help much yesterday since I was “trapped” in a sandwitch -_-

Do you guys do any camera or driver seat position settings to have better panoramic view?
I have my helmet cam view set to 85 and the interior view set to 95. It takes a little while to get used to it but I find it opens up the cockpit to allow you a greater sense of your surroundings. And the look to the sides is also wider allowing you to see what's by the side of you. The slightly zoomed in helmet view then lets you concentrate more on what's ahead when needed. While on track I move the seating position as required for each car.
It's my version of a triple screen setup. :)

32" monitor about 1.5m away.

Whats Jocke done Sick?
Nuttiest member! :D

Race report:

After the Christmas break, I jumped straight back into the car ten minutes before the race. After 14 days without driving I expected to be off pace.

I was surprised to clock the second fastest time and even managed on the race to put some pressure, helped by the slipstream, to the always fast @Friday_GTRP.

15 minutes into the race and when briefly leading, a race incident got me facing the barrier, losing circa 10 seconds.

After that I tried to catch up with Friday again but it was impossible. Deserved victory in any case, as he was very consistent when leading, leaving me little chance to overtake.

I encourage people to use the proximity arrows. However, in this race they weren’t working properly. Maybe because the width of the track...

I use the FOV resulting from the triangle between the width of my screen and my relative position to it. I then adjust the seat for each car.

Was another thrilling race yesterday.
As for the starting incident, i have recorded footage from most cars at the start.
The grid didn't help 2 x 2 rows very close to eachother. @richroo had a stellar start, i think @Antares87 thought he left enough space.
As they were side by side there was no space anymore, sending @richroo towards other cars.

I had something simmilar with @IBZ6L20VT where i thought i left enough space, weird thing though i didn't notice any bump, speed difference or woble. We had everything cleared in PM, when i had felt that bump i would've waited.

The race from my PoV

Qualy :

Race :

TV Broadcast :

Latest Posts

Back