Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

That was an all action start to the race!
@richroo good start bad start! Nice air time. I'll look up the phone number for autoglass.

I read somewhere only that you’re supposed to be slower if you set a wider angle than the one proved by those tools....didn’t understand if it’s true though
For me I found it to be the opposite. Using my monitor and distance the site I tried gave me a setting of 44. I tried this out but found it to be that close to the wheel it might have well been the bonnet view. I adjusted the view until I resulted in the settings above. For me it gives a great sense of immersion and has actually made the cars easier to drive since it feels less claustrophobic and more life like. As for faster... not sure but probably more consistent. If you are sitting further away I would think it might need narrowing somewhat.
The view is what you feel comfortable with really.

Oh and I use the spotter option constantly. He tells you where all the surrounding cars are. I combine this with the proximity arrows so I'll never have a crash again. Well until the next one that is. :)
(I actually tried a few starts at Silverstone against the AI and the spotter was surprisingly quite accurate in pinpointing the cars on both sides of me. It didn't stop them from crashing into me though!)

Hi @Harsk100 Good to see you, it's been awhile. 👍

Lol @IfAndOr hope autoglass can run fast,no time to stop.

Was unfortunate at the start but had to get going again ( no restarts ) was doing ok but had a moment which put me back .

Had a few laps with harsk ,John till harsk span leaving me chasing nothing till near the end ,simba off to my surprise.

Don't know why but got 35sec penalty?
Game cheat me..

Nice to have new guys join ;)
Just remember we all want to finish the race so take care ,also helps when you get to know your competitors driving style.

(I actually tried a few starts at Silverstone against the AI and the spotter was surprisingly quite accurate in pinpointing the cars on both sides of me. It didn't stop them from crashing into me though!)

What are your settings for the spotter?

I have it in realistic and I only get the odd (the car behind you is three seconds away). I’ve never got the position of other cars.

I have it on the always on setting and it indeed gives me car positions. 2 lengths behind, on your rear 3/4, car to your left/right (or left & right!), still there, car clear etcetera. I find it very useful. I also turn off the race engineer since I don't want him nattering as well. :)

I suppose it would be similar to a NASCAR spotters information, not entirely realistic for all the cars but since we are only looking at a flat screen any little extra help is welcome.

Last edited:
I have it on the always on setting and it indeed gives me car positions. 2 lengths behind, on your rear 3/4, car to your left/right (or left & right!), still there, car clear etcetera. I find it very useful. I also turn off the race engineer since I don't want him nattering as well. :)

I suppose it would be similar to a NASCAR spotters information, not entirely realistic for all the cars but since we are only looking at a flat screen any little extra help is welcome.

I will definitely try that :cheers:

What is FOV?

Field of view.

I use the ThrustMaster t 500 rs Racing wheel. Can someone please share your best force feed-back set up ? Many thanks.

I have the same wheel, but I've never bothered to adjust it in PC1 or PC2 - I just have it on default settings - it's set to Raw.

I think @AndreasR has the same wheel so may be able to help.

I will definitely try that :cheers:

I tried the Spotter, but unlike @IfAndOr I couldn't get on with it - it was like having a noisy passenger yapping at you while you try to negotiate a difficult junction in Central London!

As my wife and I didn’t have the chance to give our presents to each other on the right date, we decided to give them tonight.

Amongst some nice presents she gave me this:
BCC72C9E-92BD-4FAD-9F46-B29505B67649.jpeg
Her words: “I know you didn’t quite like it, but as you owned all GT titles I thought of buying it if only for you to have the complete collection”.

I guess I’ll have to play with it now! :dopey:

Any tips to make it enjoyable? :D

Edit: at least she only spent £19... :lol:

Last edited:
For £19 you can't really go wrong. That's less than the PC session pass. :)

Any tips to make it enjoyable?
Enjoy it for what it is, an entertainment package. Look at the cars, the pictures, read the history, and listen to the music. Try out the challenges and missions etc. they are good for passing the time.

The handling of the road cars can be quite entertaining. The custom race mode in the arcade section isn't bad at all, very configurable actually. And the AI has certainly had a bit of an overall.

It'll grow on you slowly. It's not quite all new stuff... ;)

20180104212852.jpg

And there's always us over at Racers Reunited if you're free on a Tuesday evening for a bit of banter and not to serious larking about. Zo's also running a short championship.

As my wife and I didn’t have the chance to give our presents to each other on the right date, we decided to give them tonight.

Amongst some nice presents she gave me this: View attachment 704240Her words: “I know you didn’t quite like it, but as you owned all GT titles I thought of buying it if only for you to have the complete collection”.

I guess I’ll have to play with it now! :dopey:

Any tips to make it enjoyable? :D

Edit: at least she only spent £19... :lol:

Have you considered a career as a hand model? That is a seriously photogenic manicured digit!

Regarding GTS - I suspect that like chocolate it will prove to be a guilty pleasure - something you can't help enjoying!

Tried hard to get under 1:33.000 in this conditions but it wasn’t possible for me today. 1:33.033 in the end.

The lap:

I forgot to mute the mic and you can hear the clicking noise of my paddles. I hope it doesn’t annoy you!

Not many tips here. Pretty stable rear, slight understeery car. If you slam the gas the worst that’ll happen is controllable understeer (just lift off. You can see this on the lap I posted, in the last corner, where the front left tire went up to 95C and the car started to understeer). It is just a matter to get the right timing for braking and gas points. Once you get those you can pull really consistent lap times.

By the way, I’d like to choose number 84 for this series, although I think that @Napalm_LT used it as well on the first race.
Have you considered a career as a hand model? That is a seriously photogenic manicured digit!

Haha, first person that says that! Well, these hands have worked hard sometimes and there have definitely never been manicured.

Nice set of gifts by the way. They’ll keep you busy for a while.

Regarding GTS, @Napalm_LT, @Sick Cylinder and @IfAndOr, I spent the first half an hour trying scapes. Impressive. Then, another half an hour with missions and so. Boring. Too easy. And I can’t get over the lame physics and specially the FFB. It has only three modes: nothing, rumble over kerbs and ‘you’re over the grip limit mode’ (which is the wheel vibrating as a brake pedal vibrates when the ABS is working).

Ah, if only they’ve put the insane effort, time and money that I’m sure went into creating scapes, to create ‘the real driving simulator’...

I think I’ll park it until I get bored of PCars... it will only help to get my driving worse. One positive to say is that I think that Sick’s races on GTS would bring the pack closer.

Last edited:
Except you've got the wrong wheels on your Richard Petty replica @IfAndOr
It's not something I created. You can use other people's liveries and it's one of those - and I can't change it. The wheel selection method is different to GT6.
I've only had a dabble with the livery creator, I'd prefer a track one.

Is there any car related DVD or book that you haven't got? The family must spend all year looking for them. :P

I think I’ll park it until I get bored of PCars... it will only help to get my driving worse.
Please continue, we could do you being a bit slower. :dopey:

(Regarding the FFB - turning the settings down improves the dead feel and lessons the vibration. Mine are at 3 & 4, your wheel could be lower)

Please continue, we could do you being a bit slower. :dopey:

(Regarding the FFB - turning the settings down improves the dead feel and lessons the vibration. Mine are at 3 & 4, your wheel could be lower)

Haha. Well, you can probably beat me in GTS! I really suck at trying to read the car at the limit in that game. Requires a whole new approach and it’s failry counterintuitive.

Tried a couple of GTSport races. Best thing in game and something SMS must copy ASAP (I went to try them because online in PCars was full of low safety rated races...)

I started playing racing games seriously (buying a wheel and so) to improve my times at the Nordschleife in real life. After that, and as games became more realistic, to improve my driving skills. GTS won’t help anyone to achieve this goal.

Anyway, enough off topic. We’ve got away with it because @Sick Cylinder is busy with his extended library!

I modified the field of view in Cockpit view (as suggested in previou pages) using some tool you find in google results (for my distance/screen size it’s 38 degrees).

But although it helped with driving accuracy/performance, it got even worst for panoramic view.
In the start It’s always a nightmare for me, I just try to go straight and leave space for other cars on both sides, but it looks it didn’t help much yesterday since I was “trapped” in a sandwitch -_-

Checked all thread but didn't find find post about tool you are talking. Or it wasn't yours post?

Sick I noticed one of your books, From The Fells To Ferrari Cliff Allison. Looked on the internet, found that he is from Cumbria, like me. Never heard of him, like a lot of people you mention, found this, no film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cliff_Allison

Other Cumbrians, Paul Bird, James Ellison and Malcolm Wilson ex rally driver.

Thanks John - I'm looking forward to reading the book. I like the fact that after retiring from Formula One Cliff Allison drove a school bus - somehow I can't imagine Lewis Hamilton or the rest of today's F1 stars retiring to drive a school bus!

I have it in realistic and I only get the odd (the car behind you is three seconds away). I’ve never got the position of other cars.
Where do find the spotter option in the game? Sounds interesting...thanks

Back