Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

For this series, I'd recommend setting 2 strategies: Touch and Go (if you have just a bit of damage but don't want to waste any time repairing) or repair damage. Then select from the ICM menu as soon as you enter the pits.
In the corvette, the default brake balance is also a tad too much to the rear. I found that braking hard and trail braking was very dangerous...
Anti-roll bars aren't adjustable from the cockpit in GTE cars.
The default TC position is off when tuning isn't allowed, and you can also monitor it through the speedometer (I think you can turn it on in the replay... or is it just in the monitor?)

It's for regular driver, I am on reserve only.

Hi Napalm - No one has responded to the advert for a new Regular Driver so there will be a space for you on 11th April.

From Post 797 - "Reserves use Corvette when representing USA and Ferrari when representing Europe"

Therefore please use a Corvette - Numbers 3, 4, 63 and 64 are in use so please use number 82.

Last edited:
@ everyone, especially team USA - if possible let's practice today before the race

Sorry - won't be able to practise before race due to work.

Race settings for tonight:

Duration: 20 Laps. Pit window for mandatory pit stop Lap 7 - 14

Grid: Rolling Start with 1 lap single file formation lap and no overtaking until after the start line.

Date: 11//07/17

Good luck everyone!

PS - the pit lane entrance is on the extreme left - yellow line before the tyres. It is worth practising entering the pits - it took me ages to even find the pit entrance - I couldn't find it during Monday's race when I got damage during qualifying

Sorry - won't be able to practise before race due to work.

Race settings for tonight:

Duration: 20 Laps. Pit window for mandatory pit stop Lap 7 - 14

Grid: Rolling Start with 1 lap single file formation lap and no overtaking until after the start line.

Date: 11//07/17

Good luck everyone!

PS - the pit lane entrance is on the extreme left - yellow line before the tyres. It is worth practising entering the pits - it took me ages to even find the pit entrance - I couldn't find it during Monday's race when I got damage during qualifying
Ok cu tonight greetz Don

If we're not having a early morning start @Sick Cylinder could I ask for some thicker cloud cover please. The bright Sonoma glare, with my monitor, really hurts my eyes. I'm only one meter away! I stopped during the race on Monday and tried turning the various settings down but it was either still bright or lost definition.
I actually tried puting sunglasses on, but then couldn't see my wheel etc. properly. :cool::dopey:

See you (if I haven't got my sunglasses on) later.

There is an update running 3,5 GB for those who are coming late (just in time for the race) it will be impossible to participate (depending on internet speed it can take about an hour or so). What shall we do?
If the race will be cancelled we ( those who have updated alredy) could do race and testing tirewear and fuel consumption with pitstop and wheather (no rain)

Last edited:
I can't drive thursday evening, I have to drive in another race series, starting tomorrow !
But you can drive because I have to work on the 25th of april so I miss that race as well.
I wish you all good lu
ck tomorrow an cu the 18th on Road Amerika !

Greetz Don :gtpflag:

I didn't realise there had been an update, so still had 40 min to go when came of. Will be all done for tomorrow.

It was a fun race today. Sorry to @Friday_GTRP for the bump at the start of the race.
The one I thought was caused by lag was on lap 6, but that was caused by the PS button, wasn't it? :banghead: At least it's the idea I get from watching your stream. Fortunately, it wasn't like my incident with @Napalm_LT

It's really hard to pass anyone on this circuit. Still, I love how technical it is and how it keeps us on the tip of our toes from start to end.

Here's my footage.

So, when is the race going to be held?

I have a question to those who use T300 - does you wheel feels strong all race? My wheel is loosing power after few laps when we use high grip car (On Wednesday) and near the end of race with historic car on Monday. It is very annoying, my fastest lap always within first laps and later I can't keep pace, because my wheel became very loose and I can't feel car.
Tried various FFB setups I found on GTP, most of them I found to "heavy" for me and lowered Gain, so don't understand how to others wheel can be strong all race, if with lower Gain mine became loose so quickly. For example, yesterday I used 100/45/50/50 - wheel became loose after about 6 laps, on Tuesday I tried Ford with 90/35/50/50 - actually the same :banghead:. For few months I used 75/48/75/30 - the same. For example on Spa with GT3 my wheel became loose only after 2 laps. BTW - forced cooling is on.

So, does your wheel is strong all race and car stable in the end - maybe I am overheating my tires? But after 6 laps (2 laps on Spa?)?
Another question - did you update firmware? I am on stock for over a year - maybe I should try to update?

Guys, please help :bowdown:

I have a question to those who use T300 - does you wheel feels strong all race? My wheel is loosing power after few laps when we use high grip car (On Wednesday) and near the end of race with historic car on Monday. It is very annoying, my fastest lap always within first laps and later I can't keep pace, because my wheel became very loose and I can't feel car.
Tried various FFB setups I found on GTP, most of them I found to "heavy" for me and lowered Gain, so don't understand how to others wheel can be strong all race, if with lower Gain mine became loose so quickly. For example, yesterday I used 100/45/50/50 - wheel became loose after about 6 laps, on Tuesday I tried Ford with 90/35/50/50 - actually the same :banghead:. For few months I used 75/48/75/30 - the same. For example on Spa with GT3 my wheel became loose only after 2 laps. BTW - forced cooling is on.

So, does your wheel is strong all race and car stable in the end - maybe I am overheating my tires? But after 6 laps (2 laps on Spa?)?
Another question - did you update firmware? I am on stock for over a year - maybe I should try to update?

Guys, please help :bowdown:

I suffer it as well with my T300, since day one. I have the fan always on but it overheats on long races or with some cars (like the 98T)

I worked with the values of the FFB but as you said, after a while it becomes loose and loses all definition and clarity of what’s going on. It is annoying. It’s a good wheel and has strong motors, but in some areas shows that in the end it’s just an affordable wheel.

Some people upgrade the fan or/and drill holes, at the expense of voiding the warranty.

I’m afraid there is no easy solution to this problem rather than voiding the warranty (and it doesn’t even ensure results) or upgrading to a better wheel.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what is happening today. I could race because I'm free, but It might be best if I didn't.
I'm swapped my internet provider (cheaper deal) over today and while it all seems fine at the moment the connection might become slow or intermittent for awhile as they stabilise the line. It can take up to 10 days so actually next week could be in doubt too. I'll have to wait and see how it goes.
It's a shame I can't get fibre optic but my upload speed at least has currently increased. So that'll be better for online racing.

@Napalm_LT & @IBZ6L20VT it sounds like your wheels are dropping into the protective mode that saves the motors. Again it's a known "problem". It would certainly be worth updating the firmware to the latest version, maybe Thrustmaster have adjusted something.

Do you use the raw setting? You could perhaps try one of the other flavours (maybe informative) since they calibrate themselves to your wheel over a few laps.
I'd perhaps also say increase the gain (overall ffb) slightly 85-90. Reduce the volume (wheel weight) to around 25. And because you've lowered the volume possibly reduce the tone (tyre feel) slightly too - 55. The FX can have quite an effect on ffb clipping and heating, I drop mine to below 10 for just a slight kerb rumble. The FX is just artificially added effects which I'm personally not so keen on.
If there's still a problem then you try lowering the volume further. And then maybe the gain. The trouble is you don't want to loose the wheel feel.

I have a G29, and I did a bit of research when setting it up in PC2, so my settings are different but the principles are the same.

I've got to say that the G29, although of coarse not as powerful, never overheats. And it's not got any fans either! Although PC2 annoyingly occasionally looses it. :grumpy:

Back