Wed 20:30-21:30 UK Time - CLOSED - Suspended until further noticePS4 

I'm not sure what is happening today. I could race because I'm free, but It might be best if I didn't.
I'm swapped my internet provider (cheaper deal) over today and while it all seems fine at the moment the connection might become slow or intermittent for awhile as they stabilise the line. It can take up to 10 days so actually next week could be in doubt too. I'll have to wait and see how it goes.
It's a shame I can't get fibre optic but my upload speed at least has currently increased. So that'll be better for online racing.

@Napalm_LT & @IBZ6L20VT it sounds like your wheels are dropping into the protective mode that saves the motors. Again it's a known "problem". It would certainly be worth updating the firmware to the latest version, maybe Thrustmaster have adjusted something.

Do you use the raw setting? You could perhaps try one of the other flavours (maybe informative) since they calibrate themselves to your wheel over a few laps.
I'd perhaps also say increase the gain (overall ffb) slightly 85-90. Reduce the volume (wheel weight) to around 25. And because you've lowered the volume possibly reduce the tone (tyre feel) slightly too - 55. The FX can have quite an effect on ffb clipping and heating, I drop mine to below 10 for just a slight kerb rumble. The FX is just artificially added effects which I'm personally not so keen on.
If there's still a problem then you try lowering the volume further. And then maybe the gain. The trouble is you don't want to loose the wheel feel.

I have a G29, and I did a bit of research when setting it up in PC2, so my settings are different but the principles are the same.

I've got to say that the G29, although of coarse not as powerful, never overheats. And it's not got any fans either! Although PC2 annoyingly occasionally looses it. :grumpy:

I actually have the latest firmware. As you said, it’s the wheel going into ‘limp’ mode after detecting high temps.

I currently don’t have the time to fiddle again with settings. Also I have a setup I am happy with, as it feels realistic and allows me to go ‘fast’.

I have a 100Mb both download and upload internet connection, which usually goes faster than that (I measured peaks of 300Mb). But I must say it’s not cheap. (Not very expensive either, taking into account that it works as expected).

That’s ridiculously cheap. I could get 1Gb but paying circa 70€ in return...

@IfAndOr I see you like your coffee as I do.

I wonder then what connection speeds do Tavilha and Friday have!
I pay 80€/month for tv, internet, phone and 2 mobiles (it's cheaper by the pack) and i get 300 mb connection. It's not flawless but it served me ok so far.

Last time i had coffee, i staid up til 7am. When I return to work I'll need it back though :bowdown:

I pay 80€/month for tv, internet, phone and 2 mobiles (it's cheaper by the pack) and i get 300 mb connection. It's not flawless but it served me ok so far.

Last time i had coffee, i staid up til 7am. When I return to work I'll need it back though :bowdown:

No worries mate, it’s a lost battle from us living ‘up here’. Everything is a rip off in the UK...

What car are you currently driving and can I sign up as a reserve? :P

Hi Mr Tree - you are currently listed as a Reserve on Page 1, Post 1. Are you available to race the next 3 rounds? If so, there is a slot for a Regular Driver in this series.

I will let you know about cars later - about to start work now.

If there is a space I would like to join tomorrow.

I think so, but will double check later.

Hi @Mr Tree and @Napalm_LT - I am expecting several spaces in the USA team tonight - please use Chevrolet Corvette (GTE Class) number 28 for Napalm and number 82 for Mr Tree.

There will probably be some other spaces going if you are interested @Alex ONeil - I will come back to you regarding the car if you are available.

Won't be able to join allready. My 'bosses' just unloaded a ton of work on my desk... :(

Sorry for tonights "race" guy's. I hit beachboy at the start in the back and let him pass.
Later on I went off and i don't no if I hit somebody or spoilt his race.
My pit strategy was wrong for a damaged car and I quit the race.

All because I drove my motorbike the whole day and my shoulder is not oke (for years now :-( )
So I was so smart to spray Tiger balsem on my shoulder/upper arm just for the race, but I was in a hurry so spray it in my right eye, tears all over and no sight pfffffffffffffffff

I apologize for who suffered from my actions :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Don-Mejillone

:banghead::yuck::ouch::scared:👎

Results from Road America

RoadAmerica GTE America.jpg

I took my own advise and went for consistency and didn't push the car to hard. Seemed to work. It also helped that other drivers were having off track moments.
I was even leading the race for a lap. Okay that was because of the pit stops but it felt good while it lasted. :dopey:

Not sure what happened at the start of the formation lap @richroo. I was dropped in with my car moving very slowly resulting in you hitting me up the rear. I was trying to accelerate but the BMW is a bit long geared. Hopefully you didn't get too much damage, although your car did launch itself in the air! We had a good race after that.

A formation lap should really begin with the cars stationary but other than that they seem to be working fairly well.

@Don Mejillone I suppose spraying yourself in the eye took your mind off the shoulder pain. So it worked. :P

Back