Project CARS 2_20180518144055.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180518144436.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180518144605.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180518145233.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180518145317.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180518145814.jpg
Project CARS 2_20180518150059.jpg
MPLIRZV5LEVAAAZWE_.jpeg

In what sense? They worked fine for me in my short 8 lap test.
Well... did some further testing and the good news is nothing wrong happened. The bad news is I still don't know what went wrong the first time I took to the track.

I opened an online lobby with the same settings Sick's rooms run, and changed the track to Silverstone classic and the weather to light rain. From start to end of qualifying it felt like having slicks on a wet track and couldn't even complete a lap without spinning or crashing. Furthermore, the tyres kept cold and didn't build up any pressure.
Bichu_mau reported the same problem.

Then tonight I tested in offline private practice and the car behaved normally. I then created exactly the same lobby and again the car behavior was normal.

Don't know what caused this and I can't say if it could happen again.

On a side note, when you first spawn in the pits you have damage in the rear of the car and a message saying Contact - lap invalidated. A minor issue but still annoying.

Sorry dude :), but I am happy I am not only one who had different setup loading problem.
Nobody else complaits due this so probably all of you thought I am crazy with my complaints after every race :)

Guys, I think the wet tyres are bugged somehow. I'll try testing this further later tonight

This track works well in the dry so I have decided to stick with dry weather at Silverstone Classic for both Monday and Wednesday.

Apologies to people who have spent time practising in the wet, but I know we can have a good race if it is dry, but there seems to be a high risk of a bad race if it is wet.

I'd agree that with the Lotus 49 it's tyres don't seem to be able to clear the water that accumulates on the track surface but the V8 Supercars with their wet tyres are different matter.

I mentioned on the Monday thread that I'd found a fairly decent setting that didn't get the track flooded.

Default date.
Race start 12.00
Time progression x10
Summer (from default date)
Weather slots x3
Light rain/Medium cloud/Heavy cloud
Weather progression x10

Due to the random element built into the weather it won't be quite the same each time the race is run - which is great. However the race will start out raining lightly (to get the wet tyres automatically fitted) with a dampening track. It'll continue for a number of laps and then stop and brighten with the track drying. It'll then cloud over again and start to lightly rain again mid to late mid race. The rain will again stop and the race should end with a drying track.
It will often be wetter in different parts of the track with localised rain while other parts are drying out. Watch out for the standing water in the puddles which can remain for most of the race. The wet tyres, although slower than normal slicks, are fine throughout. I might actually prefer the handling with them.
Overall it makes for a fun, interesting and realistic race although the AI do at times seem to have extra grip in the wet!

You might not use them this week but it's there for reference if required. Another track might behave differently so would need looking into.

I'd agree that with the Lotus 49 it's tyres don't seem to be able to clear the water that accumulates on the track surface but the V8 Supercars with their wet tyres are different matter.

I mentioned on the Monday thread that I'd found a fairly decent setting that didn't get the track flooded.

Default date.
Race start 12.00
Time progression x10
Summer (from default date)
Weather slots x3
Light rain/Medium cloud/Heavy cloud
Weather progression x10

Due to the random element built into the weather it won't be quite the same each time the race is run - which is great. However the race will start out raining lightly (to get the wet tyres automatically fitted) with a dampening track. It'll continue for a number of laps and then stop and brighten with the track drying. It'll then cloud over again and start to lightly rain again mid to late mid race. The rain will again stop and the race should end with a drying track.
It will often be wetter in different parts of the track with localised rain while other parts are drying out. Watch out for the standing water in the puddles which can remain for most of the race. The wet tyres, although slower than normal slicks, are fine throughout. I might actually prefer the handling with them.
Overall it makes for a fun, interesting and realistic race although the AI do at times seem to have extra grip in the wet!

You might not use them this week but it's there for reference if required. Another track might behave differently so would need looking into.

Thanks very much for this - hopefully I will be able to test this, but it might be too late to implement these settings for Wednesday - I presume that the race would need to run without pitstops.

I would like to have a round or two which is wet for the extra challenge, realism and the different look / experience of driving in the rain. The next scheduled wet round is at Fuji - perhaps you could have a look at this track - we will only be using it with the V8 Supercar.

I presume that the race would need to run without pitstops.
Since the car starts out on wet tyres and because we don't have tyre wear on or change tyres during our current pitstops the stops could continue as normal. It would remain on wets throughout.

However if you were considering further rain races the possibility of a tyre swap would be interesting. With a bit of tweaking to the settings and the built in random factor when to swap over to/from the rain tyres would add a bit of strategy. Especially if you didn't reveal the settings prior to the race! Just say "Probably expect some rain. :)
It might be worth investigating.

By the way, since I've got a bit more time on my hands at the moment, if you want any testing done on anything (cars/tracks/settings) let me know.
My Psplus runs out in July and I'm considering whether to renew it straight away. I might leave it until the darker nights, I'm not sure yet. Whatever I could certainly still test for you.

Let's do this week race with dry weather.
I've done quite a lot of laps but haven't yet done any on slicks in the dry. :lol:
I'll have to give it a go.

Sorry guys but I have to work again Wednesday evening, someone has reported in sick and now I have to work :irked:

I wish you all a nice race, also the reserve drivers!

Hope to see you soon (next monday and wednesday)

greetz Don :cheers:

I managed to do a bit of testing for the next race. Here’s a lap, stopping the clock at 1:44.660. Plenty of time to be made but as usual a good starting point for you to check braking points and inputs in general.

I also tried Sakitto at night (I used to practice at night when I had more time to practice, in order to improve my knowledge of the track - when you race close behind someone, it’s difficult to spot braking points and the layout, so this training helped on that regard). I would love to see some night races, at least in some well-lit tracks as Sakitto (The Ferris wheel is spectacular at night). What do you say @Sick Cylinder?

Excuse the poor driving, but I had to drive with that view in order to record the video.

Don’t forget to turn on HD and increase the brightness if you’re on your phone.

Great videos again DD.Going to practice tonight and if I cant get within 2 secs of your time then I'm going to have to sit down and have a long hard think about my future in sim racing!!!

It’s hard to predict anything with Live Track, but I bet that someone of the likes of Tavilha or Friday can easily improve my lap time by a full second at least.

Anything under 1:48 starts to be a decent time and under 1:46 a solid good time.

It’s hard to predict anything with Live Track, but I bet that someone of the likes of Tavilha or Friday can easily improve my lap time by a full second at least.

Anything under 1:48 starts to be a decent time and under 1:46 a solid good time.
Don't want to be a pain DD but any chance you could do a video for Monday night,the Lotus 49, as I find them really helpful

Don't want to be a pain DD but any chance you could do a video for Monday night,the Lotus 49, as I find them really helpful

I’ll see what I can do over the weekend mate.

I don’t have a permanent rig so I can’t just throw 5 minutes on it, as setting everything up takes a good 10 minutes and then another 10 minutes to make my living room... a living room again!

@John Wells Sugo is an excellent race track. I love it.

I have to start practicing pit entry. messed up my race by going too fast on pit entry.
Damaged the car, set fixing all on the last minute i saw the fixing bar slowly filling up but ... when i was released still 12 damage on the front 🤬

Congrats to the guys on podium

Qualy:

Race:

Replay:

I have to start practicing pit entry. messed up my race by going too fast on pit entry.
Damaged the car, set fixing all on the last minute i saw the fixing bar slowly filling up but ... when i was released still 12 damage on the front 🤬

Congrats to the guys on podium

Qualy:

Race:

Replay:

I started the qualifying session with 7 damage on the rear... straight off the pits. I needed to pit after two laps as I wasn’t getting near my top speeds.

Latest Posts

Back