WEDNESDAY'S 20:30-21:30 BST - "Sick's Race Room" - Now on PROJECT CARSFinished 

You didn't have any problems, when we were practising Hey:embarrassed::scared:

Round 1 Photos.

Circuit de la Sarthe 2013.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_1.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_2.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_3.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_4.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_5.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_6.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_7.jpg Circuit de la Sarthe 2013_8.jpg

Last edited:
Round 1 from Le Mans

Round 1 DG Points.jpg

Note - Richroo is promoted to a Gold License. We have some spaces available for new drivers - contact Sick Cylinder via GT Planet if interested in joining.

If you can spare half an hour enjoy this great classic documentary "This Time Tomorrow" about the 1966 le Mans race - it gives a great flavour of the race from the perspective of a member of the public and features comments by Graham Hill, John Surtees, Carroll Shelby, Chris Amon, Dan Gurney and many other famous names:

Next Round 2 from Daytona Road

Round 2 from Daytona Road

Round 2 Points.jpg

Commiserations to Richroo who qualified well and looked set for a good result only to suffer a mechanical failure on the grid (car stuck / disconnected) - Richroo scores 8 disconnection points.

Incredible pace from SimbaLora and Zeus up front - it's two out of two for Simba at the moment. Very slow pace from me near the back - I held onto sixth for most of the race then at the end came through fifth with Maximusmonster dropping to sixth on the last lap. I don't know if Max forgot to pit and the game added a penalty or if he pitted on the last lap or entered the pits too fast. Just a reminder - the pit lane opens after 10 minutes and closes after 20 minutes - so please enter the pits for your one compulsory stop while the pit window is open and don't rush into the pits - the game is likely to punish you for it!

Enjoy this historic footage of the inaugural Daytona road race for sports and GT cars held in 1962. In that year the whole of the 2.5 mile tri-oval was used with a short infield and race duration was 3 hours - later less of the oval track was used and the race grew to 24 hours in length. In 1962 the race was won by our hero - Dan Gurney. He was already an experienced racer by that time - he was leading the race when his car failed so he coasted up to the finish line, knowing that he wouldn't be able to complete another lap, he waited around a minute for the 3 hours to expire then inched across the finish line using the starter motor to claim victory!

Next Round 3 Silverstone GP - Last round for the GT40

Have few drivers pulled out now Sick:guilty:

The race was good, but Sick you were lagging badly again, for me, especially on the banks. No one else was lagging, hopefully sort it for the next race.

Have few drivers pulled out now Sick:guilty:

The race was good, but Sick you were lagging badly again, for me, especially on the banks. No one else was lagging, hopefully sort it for the next race.

Some people were unable to make it last week - GTSC Prospect was stuck in traffic.

Regarding the lagging - it's difficult to know whether that is my connection or yours - sometimes it is the person who sees the lag. I am hoping to get my service upgraded - I may need to switch broadband supplier.

Yeah I will, try next race to make sure, there not on computer, or mobile phone:tup:

If anyone see's me lagging let me know:D

Great race Sick, until I came off at Becketts:guilty:

No lagging, which was good, my fastest lap, was 2.18, when I was following:)

Round 3 from Silverstone GP

Round 3 Silverstone GP.jpg

Next Round 4 from Daytona Super Speedway (Oval)
All Drivers - please remember to change to your Steilow Engineering Red Devil (Your car should be painted to match your Ford GT40 and fitted with a race number and standard size classic steel wheels painted black).

Next week is our first oval round for which we use Race Hard tyres. The racing will be incredibly close, but hopefully contact free. Penalties will be off to stop cars driving through each other. Note - if you spot any errors with the room settings please let me know so they can be corrected. I strongly recommend using a driving view which features a rear view mirror as the cars are likely to be drafting each other in a bunch - the cockpit view is superb on this car. Take great care when peeling off to enter the pits and when rejoining the track to avoid collisions with other cars.

Start gently because of the steep banking - NO OVERTAKING ON LAP 1.

Sick
My apologies for no show tonight.
I had to work late to cover sudden sickness.
To be honest, I'm potentially going to miss many wednesdays so it might be better if I leave the championship now.
Sorry I couldn't finish your last Wednesday meetings on GT6.
All the best with project cars. I'm hoping to still join you on Fridays.
BW
:cheers:

Last edited:
Round 6 Indianapolis Super Speedway (Oval)

I felt that the previous oval round was tedious and qualifying was far too long, the pit stops also disrupted the race therefore the following changes will apply:

There will be 2 x 15 minute races with no pit stops.
The first race will have a 5 minute qualifying session.
The second race will be reverse grid based on previous race finish.

Points will only be scored for the best race result from the two races.

Hopefully the above will make the round more interesting.

So are we doing a tightly grouped slow pace lap to the line, then nail it to start lap 2?

Yes - single file no overtaking for one lap - you cannot overtake until after the lead car has passed the start / finish line. Note, this applies in both races.

Apologies for the late notification and for the delay in posting the championship points - have been very busy the last few weeks.

PS - remember to fit Race Hard tyres for the oval rounds.

Back