WEDNESDAY'S 20:30-21:30 BST - "Sick's Race Room" - Now on PROJECT CARSFinished 

Good racing everyone, much better than Daytona.:)

Agreed John.

The next oval round should be even better as it is a much smaller track.

We will run 3 x 10 minute races with a 70mph no passing, single flle first lap.
Race 1 grid based on 5 minutes qualifying
Race 2 and 3 reverse grid based on previous race results.
Best 2 races score.

Round 6 Photos.

Indianapolis Motor Speedway.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_1.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_2.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_3.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_4.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_5.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_6.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_7.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_8.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_9.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_10.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_11.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_12.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_13.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_14.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_15.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_16.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_17.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_18.jpg Indianapolis Motor Speedway_19.jpg

Many apologies, but I will be unable to attend Round 7 on Wednesday 22nd - sorry for the late notice. Hopefully one of you will be able to set up a room and host.

Normal service will be resumed next week - and hopefully I will also have time to update the championship table.

Hi sick , just to let you know I might miss tonight !

No problem Rich!

HI Sick sorry have to go into work staff shortage need to cover so unable to race thanks Max.

No problem Max!

Tonight's Format - Our Last Oval Round in the Red Devil

3 x 10 minute races. 5 minutes qualifying for race 1. Race finish order grid for race 2, Reverse race order finish grid for race 3.

Good luck everyone!

To be honest, I'm potentially going to miss many wednesdays so it might be better if I leave the championship now.
Sorry I couldn't finish your last Wednesday meetings on GT6.
All the best with project cars. I'm hoping to still join you on Fridays.

Sick

Sorry for not joining last night but I had already bowed out of this championship as I can't race consistently on Wednesday nights.

Hope you had a good race.

:cheers:

Sick

Sorry for not joining last night but I had already bowed out of this championship as I can't race consistently on Wednesday nights.

Hope you had a good race.

:cheers:

You missed a cracking set of races Suts - we did three ten minute races with reverse grid on the final one. Each race started with a 70mph, no overtaking parade lap. We seem to have finally got the format right for racing ovals!

Simba won all three races with Buybon second. Race two was the closet I've ever had with John Wells passing me and then me re-passing him with a margin of 0.002 seconds!

I had fun too, wasn't expecting too much with only 4 of us, but it really was good, particularly the reverse grid race.
Simba's pace was exceptional, and very consistent. Was surprised to qualify 0.099 behind him, but he soon stretched his legs in the race. I seem to really light up my fronts, which seems to keep them too hot to have any decent grip for the next corner. Felt worse here than at Indy.

The pace lap was good too, although I would have liked to have tried a 2 row start, but hey ho, good racing was had anyway.

I had fun too, wasn't expecting too much with only 4 of us, but it really was good, particularly the reverse grid race.
Simba's pace was exceptional, and very consistent. Was surprised to qualify 0.099 behind him, but he soon stretched his legs in the race. I seem to really light up my fronts, which seems to keep them too hot to have any decent grip for the next corner. Felt worse here than at Indy.

The pace lap was good too, although I would have liked to have tried a 2 row start, but hey ho, good racing was had anyway.

Good idea - we'll try a side by side, two row start with our final oval race with the Formula GT - I think that one will be very exciting if we get a bigger field.

Since I had the opportunity today I thought I'd pop in and watch the race - and ended up racing! I didn't even know which car you were using until I got there. As Geezer says the FGT is a right handful to drive, it sure takes some concentration. I'd just been in a 135hp 98' Mini room so there was a bit of a contrast! It took a good few laps to get up to speed.

I hope I gave Andreas a bit of a fight. 0.4gap after 25 minutes of racing wasn't bad.

Good to see those of you who were there and hopefully I'll catch you again soon.

not all Geezers are slow, but we all have fun.
I'm well on the way to geezerdom myself. And fun is definitely the way to go. ;)

Last edited:
Round 9 from Brands Hatch GP 1980's

Great to have a new driver - Geezer1791 - welcome on board. The Formula GT was heavily detuned and on stickier tyres at the back, but was still a handful on the tight and twisty Kent circuit. I hadn't done any practise - never a good idea with a car as fast as the Formula GT and was amazed by the pace of Andreas (SimbaLora). I got gradually faster during the qualifying and also during the race until I had dropped my times to only 6 seconds a lap slower than the leader. Unfortunately after setting my fastest lap I did a half spin and struggled to reverse back onto the track losing about 15 seconds. After that I was more cautious and struggled to get within 3 seconds of my best lap time. Passing a couple of slower cars was a bit scary, but fortunately clean.

Andreas set a blistering time in qualifying with Rich and IfAndOr next on the grid. Andreas shot off into the distance. I managed to stay with Rich and If until we got to the trickier bits of the track. I was surprised to see IfAndOr listed as the leader about half way through the race - he was obviously performing brilliantly, but Andreas must have lost some time through a spin or other off track excursion for him to catch up and pass. Great driving by IfAndOr to finish the race only 0.4 behind series leader Andreas.

Note - the race was shortened to 25 minutes due to time constraints, but I think that is long enough in this car so we will stick with 25 minutes for rounds 10 and 11. The Motegi Oval round 12 will feature 3 x 10 minute races as we have found that short races work best on an oval.

Championship points below still need to have round 5 added (I may need to check via the replay as the results sheet was tidied away by my wife!).

Round 9 Brands Hatch.jpg

Below: our race at Brands Hatch was a tribute to Dan Gurney's victories at Brands Hatch in the Gurney Eagle F1 car. I hope you enjoy this newsreel footage.

Next Round 10 from Spa - Spaces available !!!

Round 10 from Spa Francorchamps

I qualified slightly behind Max and a long way behind Buybon and SimbaLora. It was obvious that only Simba and Buybon would be in the race for the win and so it proved with the pair of them demonstrating incredible pace and swiftly pulling away from the battle for third. I managed to pass Max on lap one and held on. Max and John were driving like rabid White Van Men, almost glued to my rear bumper for what felt like ages. Max got by, but felt the pressure and slipped to sixth. he then used his superior outright pace to claw his way past John. Max and Sick entered the pits together, but from this point Max fell back after a tyre problem at the pit stop. Sadly Rich disconnected and therefore missed out on a great race.

Round 10 & 5.jpg

Next Round 11 from Trial Mountain Reverse

If you would like to join this series there are two exciting rounds left - Round 11 - a 25 minute race at Trial Mountain Reverse and Round 12 - three 10 minute oval races at Motegi - if you want to join just send a Friend Request to Sick_Cylinder

Back