2 Wheels Must Be On Track At All Times

No wall touching!
No Short Cutting!
No hybrids
No Cheating of any kind
Save your best "ghost" replay
Submit the time listed in replay file name

Time Verification:
-The division 1 winner each week will be required to submit with verification.
-All divisions of racers are subject to a request of time verification, however, this does not mean all racers will be required to submit verification for each race.
-Once a request for the verification of a time has been made the racer in question must comply.
-Any request of verification must addressed by the racer in question with in 3 days of the request. Arrangements must be made for the replay to be verified within a resonable time period, or the time in question will be removed from the WRS results and/or GTPlanet Times Database.

Deadline: Before Tuesday, July 26th, 8:00am CST
No times will be accepted after Tuesday 8:00am CST = Tuesday 1:00pm GMT
http://www.worldtimezone.com/daylight.html

Time Submission:
Send your final time to me using a Private Message. Include your division with your time please!

Sounds like a pretty fun challenge. Recall enjoying the S-1 license test very much.

Will do a session shortly. 👍

hOt6o4bOi
1st to post

lol ive lucked out today posting first, only because i had a wierd work shift
6pm-6am ( thats the only reason im up at 7:00am posting! )

OMG thats 3 outa 3.. what is the world comming to, can he loose anything this guy?

This seems like an interesting race - maybe it'll be the first one I'll manage to finish (only 2 laps: can't be that hard :D)

I am going to give this a try right now...

The Wizard.

No AI contact (I don't see it listed above, but I don't imagine it'll really be a factor...more a matter of clarification)?

Ok, a flat track, and a flat car.

With a VTEC, if it worked....

So i know Kragbees is happy...

And if you look to my left, you know i am too.

Thankyou KENT, i was beginning to lose hope.....

But you came thru.

VTEC'in all week.....

Cushty
:mischievous:👍

vexd
VTEC'in all week.....
Cushty

hehe, excelero did say you would be happy with this one 👍

i cant stand FF cars, thats if im right in saying this is an FF, im sure it is, i hate understeery cars.

HEY KENT!

you max out my American Express and then give me this race and car???!!!!
this isnt what i asked for!! :yuck:

for ever in debt and now doomed to another bad week of racing, how will i ever get out of D3 now??? :nervous:

*holds back the tears and reaches for her andrex..... :(

200 or some hp... not that much of a power car, but at least i can race with R5 tires! :dopey:
and plus, its a race car, god thats good... :dopey:

vexd

Thankyou KENT, i was beginning to lose hope.....

But you came thru.

VTEC'in all week.....

Cushty

haha can't believe we finally got 1 of our wishes ... now just to make sure I do a good time this week ... sure you will vexd.

You can hone your skills in a VTEC to work every day ... lucky man ...

This thing should haul some serious a$$ around the corners ... way to go would probably be softest tyres with most tyre wear, so on lap 2 you get the best grip ...

I think you will all be impressed with this car and track.

Remember to adjust your driving style to suit the car a bit.

I tested this plenty and the truth is...

Understeer is an excuse for people who can't drive the car right. :P

All FF cars in GT4 are twice as nice as the crap we found in GT3.
In fact, it was the FF cars in gt4 that convinced me GT4 has superior physics...

I mean, I can actually drive the FF cars in gt4.
In gt3 they were almost unbearable.

In real life I drive a FF and I've pushed it pretty hard... Never once has it been as hard to drive as the FFs from GT3.

So with that in mind, try being patient and flexible with the car.
It might not fall into place for you immediately, but in time you will learn how to properly drive the car.

Trust me, this car is a nice one to drive. 👍

kragbees
haha can't believe we finally got 1 of our wishes ... now just to make sure I do a good time this week ... sure you will vexd.

You can hone your skills in a VTEC to work every day ... lucky man ...

Only thing stopping me are the police, and the lollipop lady, which is a person (equal opportunities here) who stops the traffic so the kids can cross the road safely.

Once im past them, i like to take all the other corners at just over 120MPH, while making sure i keep 2 wheels on the road and use all the kerbs at all times....
:mischievous:
Just like in real life errr i mean GT4....

Edit: i better add that i like the combo, and would gladly thank anyone who has found the best top speed setting if they posted it here for us all.... before i get deleted.

Sorry Kent, been carried away today because we're using a TEC....

Hey Kent,

I agree with you totally w.r.t. the understeering of FF cars in GT3, GT4 is more realistic in that respect, but still in RL I drive a FF car as well (hell, 60% of the world's car are probably FF), and in RL one can push it very hard without the understeer in these games ... then again I don't want to risk it too much ...

But nice combo this week, I dig Honda's of any kind

Its all about the tyres used on the car, and the stiffness of the susp.

We can play with one of those elements this week....

I think its gonna be a case of getting the s section after the hill right again though, otherwise we will find ourselves way behind the top three.

T1 will be the time we all discuss.....

Maybe we should have a thread specifically for T-Times...... hint hint..... like the one im suggesting in a poll..... look.... what's that in my sig?

kragbees
Hey Kent,

I agree with you totally w.r.t. the understeering of FF cars in GT3, GT4 is more realistic in that respect, but still in RL I drive a FF car as well (hell, 60% of the world's car are probably FF), and in RL one can push it very hard without the understeer in these games ... then again I don't want to risk it too much ...

But nice combo this week, I dig Honda's of any kind
Yeah, but think about how much horsepower the FF cars you've driven in RL, probably don't have much power compared to some of the higher numbers we're running.

Anyway, so where do we unlock this car? I've never even heard of it existing...???

Edit: Just realized it's at Twin Ring Motegi East Course... I won there on week 7... Maybe I can win again? If I spend the time on it...

KLR142
Yeah, but think about how much horsepower the FF cars you've driven in RL, probably don't have much power compared to some of the higher numbers we're running.

Anyway, so where do we unlock this car? I've never even heard of it existing...???

True, but my RL car pushes round about 185HP, but I guess it will really start understeering if I push it very hard ... I'm too bloody scared to wreck the thing ... but I agree, my girlfriend's 1.3 litre Toyota handles like a champ ... too little power to even understeer haha.

Sorry not sure where to unlock it, get an Ubersave !

Yep.. I really like the car, still. You just have to remember not to stab the throttle, or your understeer will only be increased. Once you get the correct braking points down (which seem to be just at the 50m signs), the car begins to feel quite neutral and a pleasure to drive. Am currently testing with 220km/h gearing, FWIW.

:lol:

Remember, we can't drive every car in the same exact fashion.

Take your time with this car and test different driving styles.

I've found that even though low RPMs create less power, they also allow for great control over the understeer found in FF cars.

My best advice to all of you this week is to concentrate on how short the braking distances are for this car.
Also, put some effort into learning how much this car can turn-in under braking.
The turn-in under braking is so great that sharp turns as well as U-turns can be handled with ease.

In fact, the turn-in underbraking is so good that it might even prove difficult to get used to at first.

I trust you will all learn the car well though.
I'm sure that by tomorrow you will all have a new appreciation for GT4's FF cars.

Also,
This car is not a prize car.
You must buy it and then spend a day in the car in gt mode.
After that it will be availible in arcade mode.

It can be purchased at the honda dealer for approximately 450,000.
Expensive, but certainly one of the best FFs, not to mention one of the most enjoyable FFs I have driven in all of GT4.

I too am a fan of my VTEC engine in my little '04 Civic EX at home. Can't wait to start this one. Would like a new track, one we haven't done before on WRS, but that is okay I"m sure this track fits the car just fine.

jump_ace

just incase i dont get back to on to my pc before Thursday i wanted to say one last thing:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY FOR THURSDAY KENT!!!!!

now THAT boys.......

is how you ki$$ a$$!!!! :sly: 👍 :sly: :D ;) :bowdown: :cheers:

hehehehehehehehehehehehehe *inhale deeply* hehehehehehehehehe

Nice Car, nice track, super-softs counter the slippy surface ( in my experience this track is one of the slippiest in the game )

Tentative splits, not got braking points down yet!

T1 32.961
T2 1,02.681

I know they are crap, but it's a start! lol

Neil

im actually enjoying it more than i thought, no understeer, i guess i can drive after all!

Lap 1:
T1: 41.792
T2: 1.12.170

Lap 2:
T1: 33.772
T2: 1.04.110

Back