Status
Not open for further replies.
BenSpecialized
Drift Photo Competition Week 33

Photo Requirements as chosen by Suzq044
Track :ANY
Car Type :ANY
Deadline :28th November

Another Open Round!! Well as suzq044 says be creative and were not looking for the longest smoke trail were looking for style and flair. Be creative as im sur ethere wont be as many free oppertunities as there has been recently! Good Luck

This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting.

NO PHOTOCHOPPED IMAGES
- You must upload an untouched image straight from your memory stick.

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!
HOW TO POST YOUR IMAGESHACK THUMBNAIL - Courtesy of VIPERGTSR01

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!
IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

The DPC Entry will be posted up every Monday and the poll from the previous week on that same week Wednesday. The poll will last 7 days and will be closed on a Wednesday as well. Once a DPC King/Queen has been chosen you have 14 days to PM Specialized with your requirements. In the event that you do not PM them to me, a notice will be posted on the new DPC entry and the first choice get's used. Once the entry is closed, you have 2 Days to pm me your Top 15. Thereafter I will post up the pole.

At the end of the photo entry, the DPC King/Queen will choose his/her 15 favorite photos to be entered into the poll. The person who wins the poll will then get to choose the car and track restrictions for next week, and then choose their favorite photos at the end of entry.

If you ever have suggestions about the contest, please post them in our Drift Photo Competition Rules Discussion
When you post your FINAL ENTRY, also post what requirements you'd like if you were to win. (This will make my life easier when setting up the new ENTRY)

Heres a fine example of how entries should be posted. No more than 2 "honorable mentions" Please! The rest can be shown off in the Drift Photos Thread

FINAL ENTRY

HONORABLE MENTIONS
:drool:

Ok, Apologies to One-More-Time but as it states in the rules i have to offer the requirements to the next person who posted.

So.....NEXT PERSON TO POST CHOOSES!!!!! but please no civics on the nurburgring heh heh :lol:

how about an open week- anything goes, but the focus is gonna be on style.. a cool shot, not just one with a long boring trail of smoke.. :dopey:

suzq044
how about an open week- anything goes, but the focus is gonna be on style.. a cool shot, not just one with a long boring trail of smoke.. :dopey:

You just summed up the entire thought of the DPC(except a trail of smoke can be quite cool:) )

yes i also agree that we should begin to focus on the use of the photomode rather than showing how long the smoke trail is. second, i remeber before i had a USB drive the requirements for one of the tourneys was tires on the rumble strip...i think that this is a great idea because it can help to show if someone actually completed there drift. i can stand when pics win and the driver is totally off the line.

anyways good luck and i think this will be a good week...anythings better than civics and nurb.

Hehe Fiat 500L strikes again! This time with lights!

Final Entry

Preview
img0011s6bs.jpg

So wait...You want the picture to have a lot of smoke trails? Or is that just like a "if you want do this but it's played out" kind of thing...

were not looking for the longest smoke trail were looking for style and flair

not looking for long trails....in reality they aren't the best looking pics, and it won on week 30 (which I was so close to winning :( )

yeah.. but again, the distance shot [that looks honestly lacking in action] with a long ass smoke trail wont win this week.. maybe something you'd see in drift-event advertising?

i would think u would be able to enter.. i've entered other contests where i was the winner before; as long as there was less than 20 entries, i was in the polls :)

suzq044
i would think u would be able to enter.. i've entered other contests where i was the winner before; as long as there was less than 20 entries, i was in the polls :)
Yeah I think ill just enter for the hell of it and If we need it we can use it.

Hey Red Emblem...Why didn't chya just post the same picture in the post where you would say you would enter?

I agree with the smoke trails 100% too, the winner should be decided on more than just who has the longest smoke trail. As some people stated in the week 32 thread, it's all too easy to use the fast-forward trick to create more smoke, same with excessive use of the handbrake. A well-shot photo will always get my vote, regardless of how long the smoke trails are. :)👍

EDIT: Just spent 2 hours taking 20 or so photos, getting to these last 3 was a nightmare! :nervous:

The first HM was cut partly because of the clipping on the front wheel, but mostly because I couldn't get a good reflection off the paintwork. :grumpy: (example of when it goes right)

The second HM was cut because the front wheel seems non-existant and it looks silly, and also because it doesn't look like I'm actually moving. Anyhoo, here's my final entry-

FINAL ENTRY

PREVIEW

HONORABLE MENTIONS

I have took a few two car pictures before, but none of them got many votes, so I think a more traditional style might actually win this week if everyone goes all crazy.

Final

HMs

i dont have a problem for voting for a pic with other cars in it but whenever someone enters a photo like that they are driving the opposite direction of the other racers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back