Week 36 Drift Photo Competition - "GT1 DRIFTING" - ENTRIES OPEN!!

BenSpecialized
pointsbanner9au4ed.jpg

WEEK 36

Requirements chosen by :: DRIFTN

Car Type:: Gran Turismo 1 Cars - See notes and links at the bottom of the post for a car list

Track:: - Autumn Ring
- Autumn Ring Mini
- Special Stage Route 5
- Deep Forest Raceway
- Grand Valley Speed Way
- Grand Valley East
- Trial Mountain
- Test Coarse
- High Speed Ring

Theme - (If Given):: DRIFTING GT1 STYLE

NOTES :: Obviously Not all the cars exist in GT4... But it still gives everyone a guide to look at.

Deadline :: 19th December::

This is a drift photo competition. Your car must be drifting!

The DPC Entry will be posted up every Monday and the poll from the previous week on that same week Wednesday. The poll will last 7 days and will be closed on a Wednesday as well. Once a DPC King/Queen has been chosen you have 14 days to PM Specialized with your requirements. In the event that you do not PM them to me, a notice will be posted on the new DPC entry and the first choice get's used. Once the entry is closed, you have 2 Days to pm Specialized your Top 15. Thereafter I will post up the pole.

At the end of the photo entry, the DPC King/Queen will choose his/her 15 favorite photos to be entered into the poll. The person who wins the poll will then get to choose the car and track restrictions for next week, and then choose their favorite photos at the end of entry.

IMAGESHACK THUMBNAILS ONLY!!
HOW TO POST YOUR IMAGESHACK THUMBNAIL - Courtesy of VIPERGTSR01

NO PHOTOSHOPPED IMAGES - Please upload an untouched image straight from your memory stick

PLEASE FOLLOW THE RULES ABOVE OR YOUR PHOTO MAY NOT BE ENTERED IN THE CONTEST!!

IF YOU WANT TO CHANGE YOUR ENTRY, PLEASE EDIT YOUR ORIGINAL POST!

Here are some fine example of how entries should be posted. No more than Two "honorable mentions" or One 400px x 300px size "Preview" image please (EXAMPLES BELOW). The rest can be shown off in the Drift Photos Thread

FINAL ENTRY

HONORABLE MENTIONS

OR

PREVIEW

If you ever have suggestions about the contest, please PM them to Specialized

Attachments

• Vehicles.doc
    22.5 KB · Views: 32
  • Vehicles.pdf
    12.1 KB · Views: 30
Final Entry

wat does this contest actually look for while voting? does it matter if u dnt have n e smoke? or does it all depend on how it looks?

The judges tastes mainly. But after a week or two of just loooong drift pics (where the car was ant sized) that won, DPC is trying to get more toward drifting/good, exciting pic, not long drifts/bad pic.
Personally, after many weeks of examining photo contests, I have found ground-breaking pics seem to be the thing that has runaway wins, not the same style over and over again. Pics with good, unique angles few have seen before, nice reflections, clearness (keep it light, dark pics are almost always first to drop from the list), among other things.

Heres my entry

One of my best i think ;)

Good luck to everybody else

IMPORTANT NOTE

I should mention that this is the last competition this side of christmas! I say this because i am unsure as to how often i will be on GTP during the christmas period and i dont want to let anybody down! The competitions will be started In the new year along with a New Competition and the next Drift Photo Tournament!!

I will try and get a pm out to lots of you when its all back on.

I will be online from time to time so any thoughts or ideas are welcome during the break.

Untill then i wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!

I have a query regarding cars...
In GT4 we have the TVR Cerbera Speed SIx and the Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe.
Are these allowed as they are intrinsically the same car from GT1 although names have been changed slightly?

Thanking you for your patience with a person that asks daft questions. ;)

hippyneil
I have a query regarding cars...
In GT4 we have the TVR Cerbera Speed SIx and the Aston Martin DB7 Vantage Coupe.
Are these allowed as they are intrinsically the same car from GT1 although names have been changed slightly?

Thanking you for your patience with a person that asks daft questions. ;)

as long as its the same car then yes thats fine

Back