Weekly Drag Series - Week 10

Hello all. This week we are campaigning the Pontiac Sunfire GXP Concept. You can win it by completing the A license. In the event that you sold it and if there is no way to win it back, just start another game save or something and get the license and win the car - fairly straightforward.

NOTE:

-All races are held at the Las Vegas drag strip
-Please save your replay AND YOUR SETTINGS
-No gamesharking is allowed to enhance the car
-Cheating of any kind will not be tolerated
-Winner must post settings at conclusion of race, otherwise the win goes to the next fastest person who can supply repeatable settings
-Post your time here in the thread before the time limit passes (do not PM it to me)

RACE CONDITIONS/LIMITATIONS:

-S2 tires only
-You can spend $15,000 on adding more power to the car
-Nitrous is illegal this week
-TCS is illegal this week
-The only other things you can do is stage 1 lightening and whatever transmission you want. Whether it be close-ration or full-racing or what not, that's it as far as you can buy. (You can still wash it and do an oil change and change rims - just don't add downforce)

As you can infer from the rules, it is a good idea to write down your settings and save the replay, as well as your time. I will not require you to post replays, so for those of you who don't have a maxdrive, don't worry. Unlike any other OLR event, you can bump and scrape the walls all you want. Kill some pedestrians, I don't care. BUT - if you don't post settings, or if your settings are questioned by another racer and no one can repeat your run within reasonable limits, either you will have to give away your strategy or the win will be taken away from you.

This will be a 10 point event, 1st place is awarded 10 point, 2nd nine, and so on. Anyone can race any week.

This race will conclude at midnight (12am) Monday April 23rd, EST. This time limit is designed to give you a few extra hours, for I get home from work around 5 or so. That said, if a racer sends me a PM and asks for an extra day due to unforeseen circumstance, I will almost always grant it as long as it doesn't become a habit.

Speaking of PMs.... I am not a Moderator and this is not an official GTP race. I cannot handle a mass influx of PMs. So, this is why you must post your time within this thread before the time limit passes.

Experience agony with the FF drivetrain!

Current Leaderboard

kennythebomb (79)
KLR142 (66)
V8ETER (44)
Jetboys427 (41)
musclecarlover (38)
SERGE.DENAYER (24)
Ballstothewall (22)
darkwind (21)
Perfect Balance (20)
Texanidiot25 (11)
LOON (11)
NightmareHunter (11)
Skaterava (10)
Santo (9)
32’ Lover (9)
TYP-27R (8)
somebody (6)
TEAMDiablo3 (6)
Kelvari (5)
TurboCobra (5)
DDmv2 (5)
Echotic (4)
holzlondon (1)

Consistency is key to winning.

Eeeeenteresting... So lemme get this straight: We get the car, do an oil change, lighten it one stage, and install transmission of our choice. Then we spend $15000 on power only(no NOS), such as something from the engine menu, exhaust menu, and/or turbo menu. Nothing else, correct?

^I believe so... I'm going to give it a try right now:)

EDIT*

I have ran a best time of : 14.579 :)

Eeeeenteresting... So lemme get this straight: We get the car, do an oil change, lighten it one stage, and install transmission of our choice. Then we spend $15000 on power only(no NOS), such as something from the engine menu, exhaust menu, and/or turbo menu. Nothing else, correct?

Exactly!

In the event (I don't know) that the car cannot be won again or purchased if they sold it already, then that person would have to make a new game save. I'm not going to do a full-out race where you need to spend $200,000 to be competitive just in case somebody *does* need to make an extra game save to do the A license again, ya know.

^I believe so... I'm going to give it a try right now:)

EDIT*

I have ran a best time of : 14.579 :)

Not bad!

^aww man I just re-read the rules and I have noticed that TCS is ILLEGAL:scared:

I'm going to have to go again for another run...

Awesomeness Kenny! I bought the car and basically everything(except for weight reduction, chassis stuff, and permanent engine mods) last night just so I could tinker around in the car before I got to drag racing it. Haven't driven the car before. Went and attacked the Tuner car challenge series with it, but didn't have any luck, lol. Burned through the tires too fast.

Anywho, I'll get to it tomorrow probably... :)

Well power outage while doing lisence tests didnt help me at all. I didnt bother to exit to save at any point, and was at the last test before the final. DOH

edit:
won the car. wow the thing handles like a dream for a FWD car, too bad GM never made these. If they would handle like they do in GT4, it would have sold well.

and no suspension this week , correct?

edit agian:

15.163 so far

I think thats all I can get out of the car for now. Some more transmission tuning and I might get a 14.9, I dunno. But with my 15 grand, its got about 240hp at the track.

But its an absolute joy to bump it up to about 250hp at the track (cant remember the menu HP) and just buy a new clutch. This little thing handles well, very well. Beats a few WRXs and R33 in Grand Forest. Runs 8:40s at tue nurb, which I guess is a good time for this low powerd car. The 4 speed works ok on the track (full custom on the drag) but the thing tops out at about 136 on the nurbs straight

IMG0084.jpg

Stock clutch, flywheel, and LSD, correct? $15,000 ONLY for power mods, right right? :)

14.773 so far. 👍

I have over 250hp, by the way.

What all did you buy to with your 15 grand KLR? Using any ballast?

I did for awhile, helped a tad with launching, but killed me near the end. Havent played GT4 in a few days, teh PS2 is downstairs with MC DUB online, and Socom online all week. Fun fun...

Didn't touch any ballast...

I bought the Stage 1 exhaust(1,550), Stage 2 NA tune(12,000), and the computer chip(1,250) if I remember correctly.

Along with the Stage 1 weight reduction, full racing transmission, and oil change. Nothing else except for some black wheels... :sly:

oil change.
weight reduction stage 1.
transmission/fully customisable.
stage 2 na tuning.242hp (cr.12000).
racing chip. 252hp (cr.1250).
sports exhaust/air filter. 256hp (cr.1550).
my first time:15.165.

I did an oil change, i chopped some weight off stage 1, transmission fully customizable, sports exhaust, racing chip, na tuning stage 2.
settings, asm 0, tcs 0, 100 kg weight added to the front(-50), and the transmission setting to 1.
best time so far:0'15.097

Im first time dragdriver.
Time was 15,341.
I bought Exhaust sport, Driving Computer, NA2.
I had racing tranny.
Transmission: Autosetting 25. Final 4.176. First gear:1.685 Second:1.129 Third: 0.757 Fourth:0.491 Fifth: 0.382 Sixth:0.314

Back