Weekly Photography Week 5

• Thread starter Burnout
  • 90 comments
Alright guys!

Just a reminder;
Maximum image size is 100Kb. We do this because some members have dial-up, and it could very easily take half an hour on a larger poll without this limit. If you would rather not resize/optimize your image to 100Kb, just give a thumbnail. 👍

The catagory this week is...Extreme Close-ups. 👍

Uh oh. My camera doesn't do so well with close ups... Boy this is going to be interesting.

skylineGTR_guy
Make sure you have your macro setting turned on ;)

see this is where 10 x optical zoom comes in handy 👍

I don't have a macro setting.

I have an HP Photosmart 935 Digicam, BTW.

seems interesting... It'll be a bit tough getting the lighting just right however. Especially so with the positioning of the flash on my cam

Final Entry

HAHA! I musn't doubt myself! I gave it another try and I didn't get exactly an extreme close up but good enough and it's got a spooky feature to it.

See the reflections of my room. I was infront of all that I swear and even if I wasn't where am I? I was RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE OBJECT. It confuses me.

Who remembers this?

Sandcastle
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania - 7.16.4

jag.jpg

I didnt take these specifically for this comp but i thought that they would fit right in so here you go, all images were taken from 11mb images. The cammera I used was my dads Canon powershot G2 which is a very good cammera :)

Powershot G2

I reduced the size of all images to less than 100k to comply with the competition rules.

Image 1 by sprite: Paddys nose
photo_wk_5_1.jpg

Image 2 by sprite: Toad
photo_wk_5_2.jpg

Image 3 by sprite: Charlies eye
photo_wk_5_3.jpg

Image 4 by sprite: Glass beads
photo_wk_5_4.jpg

Image 5 by sprite: Brightness down
photo_wk_5_5.jpg

Image 6 by sprite: Heatsink
photo_wk_5_6.jpg

Image 7 by sprite: PSU
photo_wk_5_7 copy.jpg

Image 8 by sprite: Cable
photo_wk_5_8.jpg

Image 9 by sprite: Graphics card
photo_wk_5_9.jpg

Image 10 by sprite: PSU 2
photo_wk_5_10.jpg

Image 11 by sprite: Blanker plate
photo_wk_5_11.jpg

Image 12 by sprite: Cable 2
photo_wk_5_12.jpg

These are some NICE pics man. I had some fun with my cam yesterday. I'll post pics as soon as I get access to my desktop pc

Finally got my pics into my desktop and into my deviantart account 👍

edit:
Photo removed because I took a much better photo to submit - I submitted a different one further down

If you would still like to see the initial entry, you can check my deviantart page. The photo is called Lost Vision

Burnout
Alright guys!

Just a reminder;
Maximum image size is 100Kb. We do this because some members have dial-up, and it could very easily take half an hour on a larger poll without this limit. If you would rather not resize/optimize your image to 100Kb, just give a thumbnail. 👍

The catagory this week is...Extreme Close-ups. 👍
Yum, good theme, I'll try something!

emad what cammera are you using? coz that is a nice crystal clear picture very nice indeed.

sprite
emad what cammera are you using? coz that is a nice crystal clear picture very nice indeed.
Sony Cybershot DSC-P100

The camera is just amazing if you consider that it's the most compact 5.1 meg camera I could get my hands on. Well, the Cybershot T1 was also available to me but it was an extra $100 that I didn't want to spend.

Honestly though, this 800x600 pic doesn't do the image any justice. Check my deviantart for the bigger one. I had to shrink it there as well but it's big enough to see most of the details

nice i like those cammeras very much, I used to sell sony products, about two years ago and for a simple cammera with no faffing around they are spot on. good choice. :)

sprite
I didnt take these specifically for this comp but i thought that they would fit right in so here you go, all images were taken from 11mb images. The cammera I used was my dads Canon powershot G2 which is a very good cammera :)

Powershot G2

I reduced the size of all images to less than 100k to comply with the competition rules.

<snip>

All nice pictures there sprite but you've got to pick just one.

Nice to see sUn entering :)

@ &#946;lackbird

I always enter more than one image into any competition, just like ive done for the abstract art comps (see sig) and it dosen't say just one entery per person in the competition discription. ;)

sprite
Nice to see sUn entering :)

@ &#946;lackbird

I always enter more than one image into any competition, just like ive done for the abstract art comps (see sig) and it dosen't say just one entery per person in the competition discription. ;)

It's obvious that you're supposed to only enter 1 image. Someone votes on 1 image not on 12 at a time. Just pick one or you won't be qualified the voting process. Burnout doesn't know why you entered 12 pictures also. Just pick one OK? And only enter one in the future.;)

I never really thought of the idea behind more than one entry. I'm torn, so I'm going to let you guys decide.

Should you be able to enter more than one entry?

By the way, all of those are nice, sprite. 👍

'bird, I'll take care of it. ;) Don't worry about it.

Yay or nay, ya'll?

I vote 1 entry, so it's easier for the voters.

The bigger the selection the harder to vote, that's good.

Burnout
I never really thought of the idea behind more than one entry. I'm torn, so I'm going to let you guys decide.

Should you be able to enter more than one entry?

By the way, all of those are nice, sprite. 👍

'bird, I'll take care of it. ;) Don't worry about it.

Yay or nay, ya'll?

Yay.

Back