Weekly Photography Week 7

• Thread starter Burnout
  • 45 comments
Word.

Teh subj3ct0rz iz...Weather.

Another fine subject by ITR. If you guys have something in mind for a week's competition, drop me a PM, I'll look into it. đź‘Ť

niiice shot .star.

Question about the rules:
I've got a photo that I feel would make an excellent submission... but it was taken yesterday morning (the contest opened today). Can I post it or would it be unfair to do so? I really don't mind shooting more photos anyways

emad
niiice shot .star.

Question about the rules:
I've got a photo that I feel would make an excellent submission... but it was taken yesterday morning (the contest opened today). Can I post it or would it be unfair to do so? I really don't mind shooting more photos anyways
I don't see why not....

I'd enter this week, but too bad It has been completely sunny for 2 weeks straight here! Only bad weather is good for photography.

I saw this beutiful photo-op a month ago. It was a foggy moring, and I was driving to pick my friend up for school and down this one street, the sun shone (shined?) through some trees. The fog made the rays visible. not to mention that there the grass was foggy and there was a Porsche Cayenne S parked at a perfect angle in a driveway right down that street. It was a one in a million shot. too bad I didn't have a camera with me, and I didn't even have my good camera by then!

it does not necessarily have to be bad weather to be a shot about weather. Just a quick example would be a shot of oh... say... the beach....

One that might work really nicely is to take a shot of a sprinkler firing off water under the sun. However, that would need a fairly large lawn which I don't have

Event Horizon
I'd enter this week, but too bad It has been completely sunny for 2 weeks straight here! Only bad weather is good for photography.

I saw this beutiful photo-op a month ago. It was a foggy moring, and I was driving to pick my friend up for school and down this one street, the sun shone (shined?) through some trees. The fog made the rays visible. not to mention that there the grass was foggy and there was a Porsche Cayenne S parked at a perfect angle in a driveway right down that street. It was a one in a million shot. too bad I didn't have a camera with me, and I didn't even have my good camera by then!

I have a picture similar to that on another computer. I can show you tomorrow. It's a sunset in Hawaii. Very nice looking. The best is seeing the rays blow through.

Wait a minute. If I took that picture, which I did, can I post it even if it was taken in July?

Integra Type R
Yes you can. As long as it is under 100kb.

Same camera I always use plus I can resize it. And have you heard of ImageShack? ImageShack don't have any size limits, so I can show you a thumbnail. In other ways I can post it.;)

Eh the camera is more focused on the cars then weather, but if that's your entry, so be it.

BTW, comments and constructive critism is welcome to my "Hawaiin Sunset" entry.

Here's a picture I took at 7am, from a northwest airlines flight a while back. It was a 4 hour flight, Las Vegas, NV to Detroit, MI.
omicronium-airplaneweather.jpg

On my way to vegas I saw lots better stuff out the window, just didn't have my camera on me.

^^ WOW dude. That's amazing

You know what... maybe it would be a good idea to set an age limit on photos for some comps. Like this one is more difficult to shoot for within a 2 week period so it's better to use older shots. But in others like the macro comp or the time competition, it's not so hard

Blackbird, you need to resize your pic. It's not the GTP attachment feature that the 100KB limit is for, it is the fact that some people use 56K. It's not fair to them. It keeps the photography comp 56K accessable, unlike the PSC comp!

voila! Weather! (took forever to get the timing right! So I resorted to using the rapid photo feature, even then it took a good block of time because the lightning never came form the same direction)

skylineGTR_guy
voila! Weather! (took forever to get the timing right! So I resorted to using the rapid photo feature, even then it took a good block of time because the lightning never came form the same direction)

That's really cool, looks like the lightning is hitting the house, lol. I gotta remember to use that multishot feature when it's storming out. But it hasn't rained here for over a week.

The picture is going to look like crap if I resize it. Resize it the best you can, because that isn't resized much and it looks grainy. I don't want my entry messed up.

It's also unfair for me because if I have to resize it, it might make the picture have less quality therefore making my entry bad and then I have less of a chance of winning. So it's not fair either way.

Since there is no time delay for this one, i'll post this one, it is from last year.

This was taken at sunrise, on the highest camp on the hiking trail to Machu Picchu site in Peru, somewhere around 3700-3900m above sea level. this sight immediately made me forget about the previous day, which was the most physically challenging day i've ever had, and the awfully cold night that followed, where I slept for about 2 hours...

Attachments

• Sunrise.jpg
    Sunrise.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 18
I also have a picture of a sunrise above the clouds on a summit in Hawaii but I doubt it's better then the sunset. The palm trees set up the vacation feel.

For a suggestion for the next competition may I suggest, Plants I have a great vision for that.;)

Back