Weekly Race Series, Week 1 RESULTS!!!

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 96 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Alright everyone, here are the much anticipated results for Week 1.
A fine job of racing by everyone here. :) A noteable mention to Talentless as he had a very fine race, and of course Max E. and Mr. P for there smokin times. Way to go gentlemen! :cool:

For those of you that had times that were competitive with the class above you, keep it up. If you stay consistent, you will have a chance to advance. :cool:

Those of you that are able to post your replays are encouraged to do so here in this thread. That way others can pick up on any tips or techniques.

Here we are:

PRO:

1’16.916 Max E.
1.16.956 Mr. P
1’17.301 Mr. Holland
1’17.489 Prancing Horse
1’17.583 boom
1’17.750 HRT_Maloo
1’17.754 daan
1’17.764 Lotus350
1’18.109 quattro_bro
1’18.141 Bollocks#999

Amateur:

1’17.303 Talentless
1’17.885 GoKents
1’17.916 wastegate
1’18.139 CarbonFiber Man
1’18.257 akindness
1’18.318 y2krazy
1’18.387 Viper_Maniac
1’18.477 UB57
1’18.518 Punk Rock
1’18.520 pedrodaman
1’18.547 Frustrated Palm
1’18.568 meeekael
1’18.996 Dodge the Viper
1’19.259 VdrSain
1’19.732 TingBoy

Beginner:

1’18.418 IDAFC21
1’18.787 miata13B
1’18.933 mark2080
1’18.987 Cobraking13
1’19.134 Cobraboy
1’19.184 Der Alta
1’20.648 youth_cycler
1’22.239 duo17
1’23.123 sobegod00

:lol: You know blocking me won't stop me laughing Cobraboy :lol: What happened to the ROTFL smilie :P

I'm still laughing you know :lol: *Grabs tissue to wipe tears of laughter off face* :lol: :P

Okay i'm over it now. Mr. P was damn fast! :eek:

Big congrats to everyone who showed up on this one :cheers: 👍 :cheers:

all times are nice and close ;)
top marks to my nemesis Max E :eek: Damn fine time !!:eek:
:cool: :cool:

see you all in R2 i hope ;) laters

btw : i had an mpeg made by Daan of an earlier run i done in the week , it's .3 down on my end result but its a 1.17.2 none the less :D feel free to view it below :cool:

http://www.davidanderson.org.uk/files/RonSupraTM.wmv

Thanks for the replay Ron. Damn fine racing on your part. I might just have to generate an "Elite" class just for you and Max. ;) A really fine drive by the both of you.

Thanx Boom 👍 ;)

people should know me and Max go way back in OLR and we compare times over msn , i would have stopped at a 1.17.2 if it wasn't for Max telling me he was in the 16's :eek: i was pushing like hell for 2 full days to get in the same region , i was constantly faster throughout the track but he nailed me on the downhill section after t3 :( ( max was in the 16's after 1 session ??)
my run is only as good as it is due to that fast american son of a b.... rubbing it in :D
he knows i'm only messin :mischievous:

hopefully i can cling onto his bumper in R2 as this guy is a demon on seca i kid u not :eek:

good work to Boom on hosting this thing
;) keep ya cool man your doing great 👍

a side note to Mr T ;)

that was 1 fast run u got man
i gotta say i am amazed at your progress :eek: fast and i'd say a threat for future rounds :cool: 👍

i hereby declare that the man formerly known as Talentless has been promoted :P we drop the 'less' at the end of his name and add in 'ed' in its place ;)

new name Talented

your run was nothing short of awesome and u definately impressed me man , good luck in remaining rounds :mischievous:

hope this wasn't no fluke T :D :P ;)

Damn - I got 13th overall agian, same as qualifiers.

Well, at least I beat one of the Pro's times:D

Here's my replay if anyone wants to check it out...

I'd sure like to see one of the faster times on an .sps file if anybody has one, just for the hell of it.

GOOD RACING EVERYONE!!!

Attachments

• carbonfiber man week 1 race.sps
    43.9 KB · Views: 17
Well, I can only hope for the best when I only do 10 laps/week, so I'm happy with the results, even though everyone strives to be #1!

Anyways, congrats to Max E. and Mr. P for breaking down into the 1’16 mark, and also a congrats to Talentless and IDAFC21 for heading up their classes! I hope this upcoming race I'll get to take more than 10 laps, but if I don't, I still wish the best of luck to everyone. See y'all on the track!

~y2k~

date.gif
zha.gif

Good job to the podium finishers 👍

Originally posted by Mr P
a side note to Mr T ;)

that was 1 fast run u got man
i gotta say i am amazed at your progress :eek: fast and i'd say a threat for future rounds :cool: 👍

i hereby declare that the man formerly known as Talentless has been promoted :P we drop the 'less' at the end of his name and add in 'ed' in its place ;)

new name Talented

your run was nothing short of awesome and u definately impressed me man , good luck in remaining rounds :mischievous:

hope this wasn't no fluke T :D :P ;)

I hope not too. Thanks. Sometimes I do well on a course.

Good results all 👍 :)

I was stuck on a 1'18.2 for a while back there but kept persisting I'm not happy unless I'm within 1 sec of Ron :mischievous:

Here's my replay :cool:

Attachments

• kel castrol trial mountain.xps
    44.2 KB · Views: 20
:eek: some awsome times there:eek:

Well done the 1'16 crew ,Talentless Nice run mate you should be in the pro leaque after a run like that :thumbsup:

I wish i gave this race a bit more effort im sure i could have done better .
But enough of the excuses bring on race 2 :)

the gruesome twosome has taken thier rightful place at the top of the leaderboard. can anybody knock them down?? :confused:

excellent race for everybody and i like the competitiveness among so many racers. i just got lucky here guys. i doubt i'll repeat this performance next time around. fortunately, ron's thumbs are so beat up he should be no problem to keep in the mirror :D

but seriously, great run ron. you had the mojo goin fer sher. i also agree that talentless was fuming here. faster than i've seen him in the past. i was actually pretty worried about him 👍

see you all next round we'll have a good un' there too :cheers:

I knew I wasnt gonna be up at the top in my class. If only I raced on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I forgot about doin the laps those days. Damn myself.

Well Im happy with my placing.

I am really impressed with "talentfull" as a racer.

He did quite well and deserves to do just as well in the next round.

That would be worthy of moving up in class if you as me.

Talentfull came in 4th overall with that time.

I also gotta mention that the pros on the bottom of that list need to watch out because four of us "amatuers" came in with times similar to the pros and all four of those amatuer times beat the bottom pro time.

I know I wanna keep this up and I know that those closer than me (talent) want it even more.

The closer we get, the more we want it.

Good racing goes to everyone...

And the same stuff written above goes for all the beginers who are kicking ass in their class, making a few of the amatuers sweat.

I love this.

:D To CarbonFiber Man ,
Thanx for the replay (Thanx as well to Lotus 350, but I couldn't view yours), & let my learning curve begin!!! At least I now know there's nothing wrong w/my line, just need better execution!!!

CarbonFiber Man: I assume you drive MT like most everyone else??? Makes an interesting comparison since I drive w/Lap held wheel & AT. Thanx again...UB57
:D

Woooo Hoooo!

I just noticed that if I place talentless in his proper overall place with his time and then place myself...

I finish the top ten.

10th of course, but still finally made that top ten.

Now holding that....

Thats a whole different story all together.

Can you say "SandBagger" I knew that you could.

But really that was brutal, I had atleast .7 in me and just couldn't string a good 1st and second half together. But that time would have put me just about mid-pack with the Am's which is where I started. I've been spending too much time on GTR2002 so my GT3 is suffering. But hey excuses are like Honda's Every numb-nuts has one!!!

Great job to all, see you at Laguna

You calling me a SandBagger? Ha! SandBagger nothing, I'm just not the best at Midfield, and other courses. My times are usually equal with Lotus and Holland or half a second to 1.5 seconds down.

Back