Weekly Race Series, Week 10 - Germans in the Forest.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 216 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Week 10

So by demand, a car that is more easily attainable has been chosen for this weeks race.
Since it's not a race car that has a downforce setting, finding the right set up here will be the key as well as sharp driving skills.

Let's see what we can do with this car.

The Car: BMW 328. Fully Modded. 458HP. There will be a break in period of this car. Your choice of tires.
JR%20BMW%20fr.1.jpg

This car can be purchased in the dealership. ;)

The Track: Deep Forest II (Reverse)

The Race: Hot Lap. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. 2 tires on the track at all times.
2. Rumble strips are considered part of the track.
3. No wall touching.
4. No short cutting.
5. Save your replay.
6. No hybrids
7. No cheating of any kind.
8. Have fun. :)

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight (Mountain Standard Time), the 28th of April. www.worldtimezone.com
MST is the 3rd time zone from the East Coast of the USA.

Time Discussion: T2's and T3's

Send your final times to me via PM. Please double check your time and make sure it is correct before you send it please. ;) Thanks.

Naaaa, that's not my car. I drive a IS 300. I was thinking about using the IS instead, but I'll be getting my M3 in a few more years. :D

cool :)

I just tried it. OMG, the shadows are freaking me out!!!

23.2 / 53.6

Gosh, I'll try harder later today :D

btw, it's T1/T2 not T2/T3

Germans in the Forest ! ...where's my sniper rifle

j/k :D

Don't think I've ever driven the BMW before, so should be interesting :)

Originally posted by lotus350
Germans in the Forest ! ...where's my sniper rifle j/k :D

Don't think I've ever driven the BMW before, so should be interesting :)

Here, please borrow mine
snipersmilie.gif
but plz don't point it at me.

I've never driven the BMW either. Just yesterday I committed to a fully loaded Altezza/Lexus instead of the BMW in a spot race at GTBN. Now I'll have to buy both. How I hate spending my money, even if it's not real
mecry.gif

just did some quick runs w/ this one...man, w/ this track/car combo, countersteering and throttle control are your best friend! w/ the curves and hills this track throws at you, youve gotta know exactly when the cars gonna break and counter it before it happens. Ive always thought deep forest wouldve been a lot better as a rally track, but its certainly quite fun as a road course. after a quick guess at settings to get a base run, ive got a 21.4/47.1 :) I'll definently be workin on this more tomorrow

Ok found a setting I quite like, after only 1 lap with it ...

20.978 / 46.724

67km driven 461 hp

set up....

12.0 / 20.0
112 / 112
10 / 10
10 / 10
2.7 / 1.9
2.0 / 0
5 / 5

18 / 15

5/30/5
final 2.000
auto 18
asm /tcs 0

All right I am determined to do my own setts. I've been working on these for about 3 hours.:irked:

5.0/6.0
120mm/120mm
10/10/10/10
4.0/2.0
0.0/2.0
5/7

20/20 brakes

40/40/20 LSD

Gears Auto 23, but change 6th to 1.120

TCS = 3 or less

I tried Lotus' setts for fun but the car feels like a brick to me.

I went the opposite way and tried to make the car free and springy. It's kinda tricky to drive but it feels good to me...

So far my best clean splits = 21.068 / 46.861

Iv'e been down to 20.8 on T1 but I had 3 wheels in the dirt. Haven't noticed my best T2, it goes by too fast while you're setting up for that turn:D

My best "dirty" lap is still .250 quicker than my clean though. Unless I can get the car to hook up even better, I can't see me personally getting much more than .500 total off my current time unless a miracle happens.:rolleyes: But, you never know..:mischievous:

Drove my first 5 laps today. I like the car, it's only a beast to control sometimes. Not much traction in some parts of the track.

Best clean Sectortimes:

T1: 21.2xx
T2: 46.9xx

:lol:Thanks Alot Boom, now i can finally use my millions and tune a bmw( my future car) :D!! ill be in this one FOR SURE!!! count me in all the easy wons, ive driven this car once b4 and its not bad. jus powerless ,but fun!!

Im with lotus on this one... Ive never driven the beamer before in this game... should be fun.

Looking forward to it and I will be back soon with some times...

btw, are we discussing t2 and t3 or t1 and t2 times?k

Thanks.

Oh yea, I thought I would mention...

this is the second week in a row I have picked out one of the two parts of the race...

Last week I called the gt40 and this week I called the deep forest track.

Maybe next week I will call both the car and track, but we will see.

Originally posted by GoKents

btw, are we discussing t2 and t3 or t1 and t2 times?k

Thanks.

T1's and T2's

Oh yea, I thought I would mention...

this is the second week in a row I have picked out one of the two parts of the race...

Last week I called the gt40 and this week I called the deep forest track.

Maybe next week I will call both the car and track, but we will see. [/B]

I only did this to shut you up.:mad: For some odd reason you think I'm a dictatorship. :irked:

Just kidding Kent. :D ;)

Originally posted by boombexus
I only did this to shut you up.:mad: For some odd reason you think I'm a dictatorship. :irked:
Dam the man I tell you dam the man . 707 :lol:

Good choice this week Boom, I must say I never have driven this car and I love this course. . .

Now, if I can only find where I placed that extra huge rear wing and front bumper to put some downforce on the car. 707 :lol: j/k

This also means we get to choose colors, I am filled with glee :D

well started off with a T1 1 second behind MiH - 22.2 I see a huge room for improvement and with that I see a whole need of a good setup, I have

one currently that is just making me slide all over the place, time to get at it.

Okay, time to make that T1 a 21.5 and that T2 into a 47. I have a good feeling of this car and I am not finished tuning it yet. :)

Question Boom, I see that we are running a full Tuned Turbo BMW in this race. My question

is can we run it fully NA ??? I know that seems kinda odd to say that, but just wondering?

Im right on pace with miata...

I put down a 21.7 and a few 47's.

However, I see mad room for the improvments.

I also think this is gonna be an amazing race.

I actually like it.

I will be back with some, hopefully, kick ass times.

Talk to you then...

Originally posted by miata13B

Question Boom, I see that we are running a full Tuned Turbo BMW in this race. My question

is can we run it fully NA ??? I know that seems kinda odd to say that, but just wondering?

Yeah, if you want to go the NA way by all means. :)

Well, down to the low 21s and just scrapping the edge of a 46. I see more room for improvement thus my fastest lap came with a 21.6

and a 47.1 . . . The setup is not fully finished yet either. I tried out 9 different suspension settings I have, but

none of them have fully sticked yet. a few days and that should be settled.

I revamped my whole setup. I am now in love with this car. It drives EXACTLY how I like it.:D

New best clean lap is .307 lower than before.

Splits: 21.092 / 46.840

My best T1 was a 20.833, but as always I biffed it:irked:

If I can manage to get about .250 more off, I think I'll be about finished. (dear god I hope so cuz it's gonna be hell for me to try and beat this one):lol:

Well it was easier than I thought, I underestimated myself.
New best: 21.160 / 46.782

Splits not much better, but still took off .241 more due to the fact that I smoked the segment between T1 - T2 and the last corner. If I could only get that 20.8 T1 when I get a GOOD rest of lap.

Need another .250 or so now.:banghead: Foot is firmly in mouth.

Still pondering if im going to run this one :)

If i do run it i would favour N/A tune up rather than turbo allthough the car might be slower...But i think a better level of smooth acceleration would result ..No Turbo lag...

I might go have a tinker about to see

Later :)

jeez i never drove this beemer before ! i know why now ... what a **** heap!

back with some pathetic sectors soon , dont expect nothing from me in this thing ... me no likey :mad:

After 120km
Best save T1 21.2 & T2 46.4

Had a T1 20.9 and a T2 46.2 but "off course":(

EDIT: Best save T1 20.9 and T2 46.2, and 0.5sec down at the end:D

Well my times are dropping... but its also with my ego... TCS=5

But, Im putting down 21.2's as well as 46.7's.

Both of those are gonna come down though, I garuntee it.

However, the set up for this car is something interesting.

So let me see some of the stuff you guys have settings wise... please.

Thanks

Oh yea, did anyone notice the same thing as me with the hp?

I started with a fully moded car and 458 hp... after about 30 miles, the hp starts to rise... Ive seen it at 461.

So that should be incentive to race for a good long time tonight.

Alright then fellas (and ladies) catch you later.

Hi Y'ALL !!!
:D (I'm NOT a native Texan & really DON'T talk like that but just couldn't resist.) Tried lotus350's set-up but was only able to drive it after adding MASSIVE amounts of TCS. Have since lessened the TCS & made several changes but am still .5 seconds behind @ T1 & .8 behind @ T2. Don't expect to be any more competitive this week than last but at least have a reason this week.
Have FINALLY obtained a Logitech MOMO Wheel from a 👍 VERY GENEROUS 👍 fellow enthusiast. For those that have not tried one the difference over the "Blue" wheel is REMARKABLE!!! Expect to spend the rest of this week's test "re-learning" how to drive w/100% Braking & being able to use MT for the 1st time & if my times do happen to creep down a little that'll be just an extra bonus.
Mr P, just WISH I could view your replay from last week, "FANTASIC." (Goes for several others as well, how you drove that "Found-On-Road-Dead" thing is beyond me!!!)...UB57
:D

New best clean times:

T1: 21.0
T2: 46.4

I hope i don't start to look like a whining jerk, but i hope next week we don't have another race with a fully-modded car.
I can only speak for myself, but i feel my frustration rise every week after another race with a hard-to-control, slippery beast.

Maybe a arcade car, or a partially tuned car would be a nice alternative after all those BHP monsters.

Just a suggestion.

Back