Weekly Race Series, Week 11 - RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 30 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Howdy all.

Got my brand new PS2, since my old one took a nose dive on me. But things seem to go bad in threes. Now it's my computer monitor. It's all skewed and it's hard to read now. Tried to fix it, but to no avail. Hopefully my car won't be the third thing that goes wrong.

Anyway,

Nice times!

Congrats goes out to, (yeah you guessed it.) Mr. P for taking the lead spot in the Pro division. Nice run there mate. :cool:

Pedro with a blistering run that takes the coveted top spot in the amateur division. Nice work man. 👍
Extremely competitive racing in the Amateur class this week. Nice work by all.

Flerbizky with the single beginner division entry. Good time none the less.
What's up with you beginners. Afraid? Runnin scared. :lol:

On to the results:

PRO:

1’35.976 Mr. P
1’36.211 Mr. Holland
1’37.360 Arwin
1’37.481 Oliver DePlace
1’37.520 GoKents
1’37.589 lotus350
1’38.506 boom

Amateur:

1’37.380 pedrodaman
1’37.826 IDAFC21
1’38.448 Luxy
1’38.814 CarbonFiber Man
1’39.073 Harry Snotter
1’39.418 PunkRock
1’39.538 miata13B
1’39.567 Talentless
1’44.474 McLarenRacerF1

Beginner:

1’40.568 Flerbizky

If you have a replay, please post it here in this thread. Thanks.

Originally posted by boombexus
What's up with you beginners. Afraid? Runnin scared. :lol:
[/B]

First it was the car's I couldn't get, now its the tracks as well. I hope Week 12 is better.

haha, wow, i cant say im disappointed w/ my results. Like i said before, i dont know what i was on when i ran that lap, but i guess it was a pretty good lap. It was still pretty frustrating to not be able to get anywhere near it for the rest of the week. Im supposed to get my best lap at the end of the week, not the beginning! haha. Anyways, great time Pedro!!

And boom. I hear ya on that bad things come in 3's thing.....a few months ago my subwoofer decided to fry on me (literally, smoke and all), then a couple weeks after that MY computer monitor fried on me (smoke again), and i was just waiting for my car to spontaneously combust after that....still hasnt yet. But im waitin for somthin to happen...

oh yeah, heres my replay

Attachments

• idafc21 787b.sps
    44.7 KB · Views: 9
bronzecup.gif

Wow, I'm happy with the result as I didn't expect getting third although I knew the last bit of my race was tight. I'm almost embarrassed though, considering the amount of time I put in this race - but I've learned a great deal here, and this was just about the last track I didn't know very well (I only started this OLR thing and serious GT3 racing in January, so I've come a long way :D) so those 6-10 hours racing (!) were probably a good investment. :lol:

Next time though, I'll make sure I spend a little more time thinking about the right line before I start driving, and don't spend too much time driving that line before checking whether I can do better here and there, so that the wrong line doesn't get fixed into my brain. :rolleyes:

But look at Pedro! Only 0.02 difference with my third in Pro! Well done!

By the way, I've been wondering who else are wheel drivers over here? This is definitely not a wheel race, it's full of difficult to time turns which almost all of them require full steering just about all the way through, except for the very final turn which I probably did comparatively well as a result.

Oh yeah, and of course my utmost respect to the winner and no.2 :bowdown: Hopefully I can give you guys a harder time next round. :mischievous:

Oh yeah, and thanks to Boom for running this of course. If you start having permanent trouble and have trouble running the series I'll be happy to step in if necessary. Sounds like maybe your monitor needs some straightening out, literally. :odd:

Thanks Arwin! My monitor is about to meet Mr. 9mm here in a minute. :irked: Piece of crap cathode ray tube.
My time suffered not only to my loss of my PS2 but the track as well. Just couldn't put it all together. I had a very tough time running fast laps here as SSR11. It's a tough one to master.

@Cobraboy: Excuses, excuses. :D

Nice times by all:cool:

having a problem with my xport ps2 disc at the moment :irked: been trying for over an hour but still no joy , as soon as i get it loaded i will upload this week and last weeks replays 👍

Wow, I did better than I thought. I did manage to run a 1:38.2xx but had a wall tap. I never did see any 1:37's though. Not that I tried all that hard. I knew if I kept trying I would just get aggrivated.:D I hate understeer worse than anything.:irked:

Good run Pedro, you were smokin'.:mischievous:

Attachments

• carbonfiber man week 11 race.sps
    44.6 KB · Views: 9
Ok had to operate on my xport PS2 (3 ps2's in this house and the only 1 that reads xport is the 1 with the dodgy laser that wont read any PS2 or DVD discs :D ) and managed to do a Frankenstein on it :P

Xport up and running again :cool: here's my 787 replay 👍

After running the arcade 787 i had a few laps in the fully modded R390 to check out the long standing 1.28.047 ssr11 MR record within 15 laps i was on target but i wont submit on the DB's until i nail it tonight , worth a few laps to anyone who has track knowledge still fresh in the mind ;) a mid 27 is my end goal with the right set up:mischievous:

sorry i got carried away then :P
worth a few laps though and your Tokyo R390 set up will be ideal here 👍 ....... well mine is anyway .

laters

Congratulations, Mr P. Great run as i expected and feared;)

Here is my replay:

Attachments

• mih - arcade 787b @ ssr11 - 1.36.211.xps
    45.8 KB · Views: 12
nice run Holland 👍 at 1st it looked like you were running MT until i went in car view ;)

good stuff man ! cya at monaco :mischievous:

As I expected , Ron in 1st and me in 7th overall :)

Nice times guys! I guess this just isn't my track . :irked:

Replay soon...

Wow my first ever first place :D I pulled that time on friday night had a real battle trying to beat it ..i got a 1'36.9 at one point but i slammed into the final turn :banghead:
Still good close racing everyone i really enjoyed that race

Thanx to Lotus for advising that i slide into corners 👍 My time would have been in the high 39's otherwise ..So cheers again..

That sure was close Arwin :eek: good race 👍
See yoose at monaco ;)

Here's the leaderboard for the arcade records for SSR11 at GTN database , last time anyone submitted there was last year but it lets you know how you's done against some of the best racers to date 👍

here's the link to the database ... good for getting a rough idea of what time u need in future arcade races ;)

http://db.granturismo.de/

Yeah, I always look there too, it's a nice dbase for Arcade laps. For this race it's not a particularly good example though - the number two, probably the fastest racer to date, did his time almost 2 years ago. :D

But it's great also for preparation for iLink events, which is why you'll see more and more of my times appearing there :mischievous: (as well as of some of the other iLink drivers in our 'crew', e.g. Edmar, Tommy & such).

Last edited by a moderator:
yep i expect if any of the top 3 run this again there times would be low 1.35's and arco i would guess at a high to mid 34 :eek: tha master for sure ;)

Originally posted by Mr P
yep i expect if any of the top 3 run this again there times would be low 1.35's and arco i would guess at a high to mid 34 :eek: tha master for sure ;)

Well, as long as a certain Mr P doesn't submit his time, there is a new number 1:mischievous:

Cheers for posting that up Ron 👍 excelent reference point indeed..Even though it's an old board most peeps here pulled a top 10 time nice :)

BTW nice time dude :eek: was that MOMO action or DS2 ?
I've been playing around with the buttons lately allthough my time this week was done with the sticks..
But i can see some possibilities here is it worth switching to buttons ..?

Originally posted by made in holland
Well, as long as a certain Mr P doesn't submit his time, there is a new number 1:mischievous:

i would have to resign up again as i lost all my logg in info and password :embarrassed:

no worries Holland u can take my castaways :D :P ;)

DS2 all the way ;) Dpad MT and a left thumb like a table tennis bat :D

Well you,ve got me convinced i think i will try the buttons for this weeks race :D

I keep my thumb on the X button while braking ..But on the sharper turns i lift off the accel to make the turn
Is this the right technique ?:)

Yeah, that and he now has a faster Japanese version of GT3 :mischievous:

Pfew, I might be racing against Flinx though. And it's very likely I'll be racing JMR this year too. Good thing I can practice with you guys. ;-) Although more Arcade races would be good. :P

Back