Weekly Race Series, Week 15 - Pocket Change

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 165 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
This week we aren't running a specific car. What each of us will have is a 125,000 credit limit to buy and tune any car that you can buy at the dealership.

Should be interesting to see who picks what and who runs the fastest with what parts. This will require a bit of thinking and strategy. Plan carfully. Keep in mind that the most expensive part isn't always the best. Will you go for pure horsepower or will you go with a car that handles like it's on rails? A mix of both? You decide. 👍

The Car: You each have 125,000 credits to purchase a car and tune it. The car MUST be bought at the dealership. No tuner cars, i.e. Mugen and no race version cars. i.e Penzoil Skyline.

The Parts: Purchase any parts that you wish to upgrade your car, but you can not exceed the 125,000 credit cap. You must keep track of all parts bought and used on your final time submission, and how much they cost.

The Money: 125,000 Credits. Everything must be counted towards the credit cap. Tires, oil change, the cost of the car, ect. ect...EVERYTHING. Please keep a record of what you have equiped, you will need it later.

The Race: Hot Lap. Get your single fastest lap time. There will also be a seperate set of results at the end of the week that will detail how much money each of you spent. The one with the lowest amount of credits spent will take the top honors.

The Track: Special Stage Route 5, Reverse. (SSR5 II) Offers a good blend of high speed straits and tight turns to balance out pure horsepower cars and cars that are tuned to handle.

Time Discussion: T1's, T2's and T3's

Time Submission: PM me your final times. Make sure you include in your PM the kind of car that you used, all the parts and there costs that you equiped. Please give me total amounts of credits spent as well. I'm not going to do your math for you. ;)

And Venom, please keep the amount of PM's you send me to a minimum. :lol: just kidding mate. 👍

The Rules:

1. No wall touching.
2. Rumble Strips are part of the track.
3. No hybrids.
4. You must not spend more than 125,000 credits.
5. Save your repaly.
6. No Race version cars.
7. No Tuner version cars.
8. Maintain a detailed list of parts and credits spent.

The Deadline: Monday at Midnight, Mountain Standard Time (USA) June 3rd. www.worldtimezone.com to check your area.

Let's have fun with this.

oohh, i knew this one was comin this week. wow, only 125k....this is gonna be interesting. man i really hope i have time to get into this one this week

This should be pretty darn interesting.... :D Can't wait to see what ppl will buy and race.

Good call Boom 👍 (should that be Boomb ?)

Originally posted by Cobraboy
Ack, I hope I don't make a horrible mistake in my choice.

You are more than welcome to try out as many cars as you see fit, but you final choice and time must meet all the rule requirements. That way you can experiment a bit.

Originally posted by boombexus
You are more than welcome to try out as many cars as you see fit, but you final choice and time must meet all the rule requirements. That way you can experiment a bit.

Ohhhh. Well thats good. 👍 (<~Dammit thats the thumb, we need a middle finger one! :P)

Originally posted by Flerbizky
This should be pretty darn interesting.... :D Can't wait to see what ppl will buy and race.

Good call Boom 👍 (should that be Boomb ?)

Hey Flerbizky, you gonna get in on this race?

Hey Flerbizky, you gonna get in on this race?
Yes I am... As said, I've been away for 2½ week, so I am back with a vengeance this time.. :dopey:

Or not.. I'll just hold up the bottom end of the beginners ;)

Heh :D As Homer Simpson so well put it :

"Our team is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked"

That's us ;)

:lol:

Well, I have no idea whether these are good times or not, but I'm gonna post them up anyway.

T1: 27.037
T2: 49.628

At least this will give us a frame of reference.

Good luck everyone. ;)

I might have a crack at this one this week - Requires a bit of thinking work though - Im not too good at that !!!
But it does sound interesting though !!

I got me a new Z06 almost fully kitted out. $121G's worth.

And forgot tires. :banghead: This thing slides all over the road, I'm going to have to work tires in somehow, altough with T8's, I'll only have $30,000 left....

:lol:

Well, I have no idea whether these are good times or not, but I'm gonna post them up anyway.

T1: 27.037
T2: 49.628

At least this will give us a frame of reference.

Good luck everyone. ;)

its gonna be well weird cos the times are gonna be so different !!! Which car to buy ????? :banghead:

Tried the Z-06 for a few laps with a t2 of 47.0, boom I think it's quite a competitive car. The question is just power, chassis or tyres???

The hardest choice I think is the on between chassis or tyres. I will probably go for the T7:s

Good luck everybody!

/D

Hmmm

My bargain hunting skills might be required here :mischievous: shame there's no 2nd hand car dealers around :P

Originally posted by GTJugend
Tried the Z-06 for a few laps with a t2 of 47.0, boom I think it's quite a competitive car. The question is just power, chassis or tyres???

The hardest choice I think is the on between chassis or tyres. I will probably go for the T7:s

Good luck everybody!

/D

47.0 in the Z-06 huh.

I might have to do a bit of rethinking on my strategy.

Different car:

T1: 26.123
T2: 48.514

Would it be any fun if we didn't reveal what car we're using ? :mischievous:

I kinda think so, but let's see what the others have to say on the matter as well.

I kinda think so, but let's see what the others have to say on the matter as well.
We could still, of course, discuss what settings, tyres, mods done etc...... Think this is gonna be interesting :mischievous:

I chose the Z06 to start with also...T2 after a few setups of 47.250. I still have a few ideas to try here though.

You could spend hours just bolting different parts onto several cars.:)

Not sure I'll do this. I tried a couple of cars. To be honest, I think the cap is a bit low, but I understand why.

Heh :D As Homer Simpson so well put it :

"Our team is the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked"

That's us ;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

That Homer :D

The full quote is actually :
Yeah, Moe, that team sure did suck last night! That just plain sucked! I've seen teams suck before, but they were the suckiest bunch of sucks that ever sucked!

Upadate: I selected a new car...what could it be:confused:

Here's my new splits:

24.782 / 46.551

I think after all my parts and an oil change or 2 I have like $40 left over. Maybe I'll stop at Burger King and get a sandwich.:D

hmmm. looks like its back to ... ummmm... ahhh h thinking thats it.. :)

well gotta head to the dealership..

T2 @ 48.9 after 60km with MASSIVE powerslides.... Only problem is I can't keep the turbo pressure up in the 180 degree turn and I'm running a stock gearbox :mad:

Gotta go play the headchef now...

Best Save with a japanese car...

T1 25.276
T2 46.961

My Power/weight ratio is 2.173 after 41.8km driven, and I'm using T7 tires.....:D

Back