Weekly Race Series, Week 16 - 500 Ponies.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 138 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Alright, this week we are gonna have a different kind of cap. It's gonna be a horse power cap. 500 horse power to be exact.

Let's see what we can do.

The Car: Any car that you want, but No racing versions. You may tune your car how you see fit. You may put any part on it but it's final horse power is not to exceed 500.

The Cap: Your car can not have more than 500 hp after you tune it and get an oil change. This also includes the break in period. You can usually account for about 15 - 20 more HP after the break in period.

The Race: Hot Lap. Arcade mode, free run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Track: Deep Forest

The Rules:

1. No short cuts.
2. Must have 2 tires on the track at all times.
3. Rumble strips are considered part of the track.
4. No hybrids.
5. No racing version cars.
6. Do not exceed a final of 500 HP.
7. Save your replay.
8. No wall touching.

Time Discussion: All T times.

The Deadline: Monday at midnight, Mountain Standard Time, the 9th of June.

Well, my choice just got cut out due to the Horsepower limit. I might have to test it without an oil change and see what happens.

It will be interesting what cars are gonna be seen here. Deep Forest huh? Torque is gonna be a key element, but, a big one, engine layout is the most important for this track.

One thing...

Prize cars have no break in, correct?

Im on top of this race already.

Me neither.. I'm as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar :irked:

Originally posted by Flerbizky
Me neither.. I'm as confused as a hungry baby in a topless bar :irked:

:lol:

Wait, I never get confused in a topless bar. :mischievous: I get broke, but never confused. :lol:

well, I got four cars off the top of my head that I am going to run, I have to win one though. Topless bars, I dated one too many strippers, not the place for me, look but no touch.

Originally posted by boombexus
:lol:

Wait, I never get confused in a topless bar. :mischievous: I get broke, but never confused. :lol:
Well you're note exactly a hungry baby are you ? :mischievous:

Well you're note exactly a hungry baby are you ? :mischievous:

A baby, no. Hungry, yes. I usually leave with neck pains. It's like my head is mounted on a swivel. :lol:

Hungry - Aren't we all :D

Back OT: Should we play the secrets game this week as well ?

I think so....

Back OT: Should we play the secrets game this week as well ?

I think so....

i agree. Ive already run some laps in a car i think will be a very worthy competitor :mischievous:

If you want to keep your car a secret, by all means, go ahead. But if you want to reveal your findings, do that, as others might be struggling with the car choices. ;)

Preliminary times:

T1: 23.2
T2: 49.5

oooh, nice. Heres my first impressions
T1: 23.0
T2:50.0

I have been as low as 28.2/49.9. this should be a lotta fun

Would you just go away :grumpy: I'm still 7 or so hours away from the damn PS2. Promised the GF to go shopping after work :mad:

I'm no fan of "capraces" at all (mainly because i don't have a clue on what car i have to pick) , but since i love Deep Forest, i'm gonna give this one a try.

After about 10 runs around the course, I managed
23.3/50.3

I should be able to take quite a bit off of those though

Best clean T2 after 15 laps. 50.067 :dopey:

Edit: Now if only the POS would actually turn AND brake at a decent level this could be interesting :mad:

After 5 laps, my sectortimes are:

T1: 22.604
T2: 48.508

The car is at exactly 500 BHP, and because it is a prizecar, it will stay 500 BHP:)

Exactly 500 ?.... Damn... I'm a bit down on HP, but still managed a T2 of 49.5 but slower overall :( (tampered a bit with the cambers but too much apparently :grumpy: )

Good Challenge Boom:👍
:D After 8 different cars, thought I'd found a ride:
T1.......22.938
T2.......49.462
but after seeing "MIH's" post I may have to switch cause mine is down a little on HP & there's no more to be found!!!:confused:...UB57
:D
EDIT: After a little chassis "Tweaking":
T1.......22.589
T2.......48.898
but took almost 1.2 second off at the finish. Maybe I'll stick w/this ride a little longer!!!

I have some questions concerning the 2 wheels on track rule on this course. Is it the wite line that counts where the track ends or is it where the asphalt meets the dirt? I think it's hard to see exactly where the track ends between the track/dirt.

Oh and what engine/drive configuration is your car? I'm driving an MR NA

Best T1 after 3 laps 22.7

Good luck everybody!

/D

Back