Weekly Race Series, Week 2 - Desert Vette's

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 300 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Were going to take it up just a bit here and run in a slightly faster car and a slightly longer race.

The Car: Corvette C5R Arcade Version Only
entry63.jpg

The Track: Laguna Seca

The Race: Arcade Mode, Single Race, Easy. (2 laps) "Racing" setting only. Not Drift

Race deadline:Monday, March 3rd at midnight, Mountain Standard Time. If your unsure of your time zone, check here. www.worldtimezone.com

The Rules:

1. ASM and TCS, your choice
2. No wall riding or touching.
3. Must have 2 tires on the track at all times.
4. No hybrids
5. Rumble strips are part of the track.
6. No cheating of any kind.
7. Avoid AI contact at all costs. Mild touching of the AI cars is acceptable. But do not use a AI car to brake or change direction of your vehicle.
8. Enjoy :)

Please only discuss T2 times. Lap 1 and/or lap 2 T2 times are fine. Just specify.
Please make an effort to discuss your driving techniques so that others may pick up some tips and improve there racing.

Send your total 2 lap race time to me via PM.

Let's roll

Good choice of car and track, BB

The corkscrew will now weed out the "men" from the "boys":mischievous:

I will need to give this a wee bit more effort than the last race

A race with AI cars this should be fun :)

Great. now any advice on the last corner,the 90 degree turn before that start finish line i can never get that right.I do like
knocking the traffic cones over though.👍

Well I kinda feel that the arcade racing against AI is kinda not too cool, but I can dig it.

Hopefully I woulnt get stiffed by the AI and hopefully there woulnt be alot of people using other cars as brakes and turning assist tools.

I will be back with my initial times and what not.

:D Let the Learning Begin!!!

Very fist time around the track (Well, someone has to start it!!!)

Lap 1 / T2: 45.179'

Lap 2 / T2: 37.909'

OK Guys, let's drop these times!!!...UB57:D

Anyone have any suggestions which line to take on the first and last turn?

All I can say is that Im sure there are gonna be some shockers in this race.

With the uncontrollable element of the AI competition and the fact that this race is starting from a stand still... there is alot of room for simple mistakes and gains.

I dont know my t2 times simply because I havent been able to look at them during the racing.

Is there a way to view them after the race is over?

Also, I think the key to this race is gonna be consistancy.

With us having to start over after every race and having to lay down 2 good laps for the record, there is going to be alot of room for the 2 descent times to beat any one laying down a crap first and a good second.

I think this should be an interesting race to say the least.

Going into that first turn is going to be the toughest to do especially with the AI all over the place taking both lines that exist there. Which brings back to my first question, I should have elaborated on it.
Which race line would be the best to take with the AI battling for position there? the inside or outside?

:D OK, I've just run it 4 times real quick. My observation: Starting last of course, fade to the inside immediately, just missing the Pit Wall & using part of the pit exit tarmac, I've been able to squeeze by WITHOUT TOUCHING the AI twice. While obviously not the BEST true line I did better than after having minor confrontations while trying the "Outside" & "Middle" lines.

To GoKents: You can check your T2 & all other times by viewing the replay...UB57

Lap 1 / T2: 43.644'

Lap 2 / T2: 37.530

:D

You know what's funny? I haven't driven the C5-R before! Thank god we've got a week to get a feel for it.

Originally posted by cobraking13
ASM AND TCS ON OR OFF????????

On or off, your choice.

Going into that first turn is going to be the toughest to do especially with the AI all over the place taking both lines that exist there. Which brings back to my first question, I should have elaborated on it.
Which race line would be the best to take with the AI battling for position there? the inside or outside?

Since there are different batches of AI cars that you will come across it's hard to say which line to take is the best. It all depends on who the AI cars are. But I took a few trips around Laguna last night and found myself taking a very tight inside line. I braked very late into that turn and kept a constant throttle while making the turn. That should get you past the AI and then it's full throttle out of that turn.

Well I kinda feel that the arcade racing against AI is kinda not too cool, but I can dig it.

Don't worry to much about them, you should be by them all by the first or second turns.

Great. now any advice on the last corner,the 90 degree turn before that start finish line i can never get that right.

Stay far to the right and watch the braking markers. Look and memorize where it is you need to start braking by using those markers to the right. Might take you a few times to get the braking point exactly where you want it.

i'll go stink it up tonight. don't like this tub of crap c5r. gives me fits. impossible to tune to my liking but in arcade everybody is in the same boat so it should be ok.

I'm going to pass on this one. I just don't enjoy competing with the ai.

you're joking right?? you don't compete with the AI. you blow them away in the first turn. just run the race man, you're doing very well don't give up now.

Back