Weekly Race Series, Week 3 - Vertigoooo

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 515 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
WEEK 3!!!

VERTIGOOOOO!!!

Were going to take a step up and start getting into tuning your car. We'll keep it simple for those of you out there that might not feel to comfortable with tuning a vehicle, so I would like to encourage everyone to explain there tuning strategies so that others may benefit.

So here we go:

The Car: Gillett Vertigo Simulation Car. Fully modded.
attachment.php

Fully modded means that you can put anything on the car that you want. Tune it to the max. This includes tires. You may run with any tire choice that you like.

If you don't have this car in your garage, you can win it by running the Amateur League European Championship.
Use the "Save Trick" to ensure that you get the Vertigo. If you are unsure of what the save trick is, you can do a search for it as there are a few threads on it already.

The Track: Rome.

The Race: "HOT LAP" Run at Rome and get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. Keep 2 wheels on the track at all times.
2. Rumble strips are part of the track. The yellow and black striped areas at Rome are considered part of the track.
3. No wall banging or wall riding.
4. No short cutting.
5. No hybrids.
6. No cheating of any kind.
7. Save your replay.
8. Have fun. ;)

The Deadline: Monday, March 10th at midnight. Mountain Standard Time. www.worldtimezone.com

Please share as many tuning tips and techniques with the other racers as you can. Let's try to make this fun and informative to our newer racers. :)
Discuss your T2 times only.

Man, your a tough man to please Mr. P. We're runnin one of the cars that you like. Jeeeese. ;) :P j/k

I was actually going to do the race at Monoco in hopes that you and Mr. Holland would drop out. :D

rome II is really fun and difficult. rome is also kind of. I think I will participate in this round. I guess i just have to go race the evo7 at midfield first?

pm me about this if Im wrong, pls. thanks.

Originally posted by advanR
I guess i just have to go race the evo7 at midfield first?

Yep, do that simple and easy one first, and you'll be ready to run week 3. But give it your best effort so you don't get stuck in a class that you shouldn't be in. ;)

i might like this, though i'm not great at rome, if the vertigo is not as confused as the c5r. i think the vette likes to consult tarot cards.

Hell , I don't think I've even driven my Vertigo, maybe once or twice like a year ago?

Hope my learning curve goes through the roof.:irked:

I like Rome though, good track!

I've tried this car a couple of times in the past

I will need to get a lot of track time with this one ..Tuning aswell this will be interesting :)

Rome nice track Good choice

vertigo at rome???? very hot. i might drive a little more this time around now that i don't have a deep seeded hatred for the car.

After a dissappointing week 2 - :banghead: especially with no tuning on the C5r, I am going to like this race here :) . Maybe next week we should take like a class B car and mod it. Even a class A car wouldbe cool. A camaro SS or Mustang SVT on Seattle or Deep Forest would be cool :) I can't wait to run this one. I think the first thing I am going to work on is the suspension before I worry about power. I find on Rome a car with turning radious at both low and high speed is your best friend!

Remembering how the Vertigo ran, it was a nice car stock and put down good times. The starting line is not going to be a factor on this race - thank goodness. I am still going to stick with my suspension first motto. Braking on this track is also important.

My strategy is going to be
#1 Suspension
#2 Braking
#3 Power
#4 gears
#5 final runs tweaking everything together
#6 running the race :)

I'm going to set the ball rolling. I guessed some settings and ran some laps with a best T2 of 47.618 and a mistake at the (near) hairpin.

So when you say fully modded, do you also mean that the power of the car is to be modded to our liking.

As in hp?

If so thats cool, but unfortunatly for me, even with the time I'm gonna get to put in, I woulnt get much out of this being that I never bother tuning my cars.

Looks like Im gonna have to put down some effort, and it looks like all you pro's who are forever talking about tuning are gonna have to put your money where your mouth is and show us "non tuners" how to properly tune a car.

Looking forward to learning about proper tuning techniques....
-kent

Lapping in the low 48's on T2 my setup sucks :( I never was very good at setting up cars Hint hint :D ..

Judging from these early runs i could well do totaly crap on this one
But i will not let that discourage me from racing this one..:)

I actually had to think about what I had mentioned towards my own tuning skills.

I dont reallly know how my tuning skills are because I haven't tried yet.

In gt2 I was really good at tuning a car, so I might just have to try tuning on my own and then see what everyone has to say.

The only thing I know for sure is that I will not be saving any tuned settings to the car just yet.

That way I will avoid messing up the car permenantly.

Hope to see a good time on this one...

:confused: OK, first 5 Laps outta the box w/max HP & T8s only got one clean one. How do I tame the Rear End without upping TCS??? Thanx in advance for any & all help...UB57:confused:

Do we absolutely have to use the car we win? Because, if i remember correctly, i bought mine...

Looks like an interesting race, hopefully i'll do better than last week!

UB57, only a heavy does of TCS is going to completely tame the rear end of a car with this much power. Some ideas to make the situation easier are
Max out the rear wing
Increase rear camber
Increase front rebound and decrease rear bound
Adjust LSD acceleration and initial settings
But in the end it will have to come down to either throttle control or TCS I think.

Originally posted by PunkRock
Do we absolutely have to use the car we win? Because, if i remember correctly, i bought mine...

They are the same, so I dont think they'd be a problem. You wont get max horsepower until the car has done around 300km. Max power for this car is 740kbhp

Hi Wastegate:
👍 Many THANX for the help!! Have already tried fiddling w/shocks & downforce a little bit, netted over 1.5 sec total & about 1.4 @ T2. Will try your advice later, THANX Again...UB57
👍

BTW: T2 w/AT & Wheel 48.2xx' so know there's much more to come off!!!

Originally posted by Wastegate
They are the same, so I dont think they'd be a problem. You wont get max horsepower until the car has done around 300km. Max power for this car is 740kbhp

I know, i was just wondering if i needed to win it. I'll get my hands on that tonight.

Originally posted by GoKents
So when you say fully modded, do you also mean that the power of the car is to be modded to our liking.

As in hp?

Yep, you can upgrade your car to the maximum. If I recall correctly, the only thing that you can do to the Vertigo is a NA Stage 2 tune up. I would reccomend that you put everything on that car that you can. ;)

Do we absolutely have to use the car we win?

Either car is fine.

so this is a Free run hot lap?

Yes, this is done in Free run. Get your fastest lap time.

Originally posted by UB57
:confused: OK, first 5 Laps outta the box w/max HP & T8s only got one clean one. How to I tame the Rear End without upping TCS??? Thanx in advance for any & all help...UB57:confused:

Keep the TCS low,... then turn your LSD torque to 5 and accell to 5. This will help loss of grip and oversteer in the hard corners 👍 I'll be hoppin in my Vertigo by the end of the day,... I'll let ya know for sure what I think then :)

Latest Posts

Back