Weekly Race Series, Week 4 - Knights of the Night.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 190 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Week 4!

I want to first say a big thank you to everyone that is participating in the race series. I'm glad to see that everyone seems to be having fun and learning a thing or two at the same time.

Thank you all for making this happen. :)

THE KNIGHTS OF THE NIGHT

Let's give a AWD vehicle a try this week. It's one of my favorite cars. ;)

The weapon: Mitsubishi FTO LM Race Car. Simulation car, install Stage 3 Turbo only. 669 HP. Your choice of tires.
FTO%20LM%20Race%20Car.jpg

You can win this car if you don't have it already by running the "Dream Car Championship" Amateur League.

The Track: SSR 5

The Race: Arcade mode "Single Race" "Normal." 3 lapper. Try to work on some consistency here.

The deadline: Monday the 17th of March. Midnight, USA Mountain Standard Time. Go to www.worldtimezone.com to check your time zones.

The rules:

1. Do not touch a wall period!
2. No short cuts.
3. No hybrids
4. No cheating of any kind.
5. Save your replay.
6. Run a 100% clean race.
7. 2 tires on the track at all times.
8. Rumble strips are part of the track.
9. Have fun. :)

Please send me your TOTAL times along with your individual lap times via PM.

You may discuss lap times as this is a 3 lap race. Just be carful as not to discuss all your lap times. ;)

Originally posted by CarbonFiber Man
Can we have one without walls next week? My head hurts already.:irked:

:lol:

This is all training to keep you on the track when we run tracks without walls young grasshopper. ;)

Originally posted by boombexus
:lol:

This is all training to keep you on the track when we run tracks without walls young grasshopper. ;)

I know, it's just so hard to line up for turns with the DS/2!!

Anyway Ive ran about 25 total laps and This track is MUCH easier to keep off the walls than Rome...I've set the LSD's,D/F, Gear ratio, TSM, and brakes in the ballpark (I think) and have a best lap of 1:13 something...no suspension mods yet. This one will be fun if those AI cars STAY OUTTA MY WAY!!

Props on another fun choice BB, I NEVER use the 4WD cars, so its time I got some practice in.;)

Cool CFM!

I've just been spinnin some laps in free run myself. Down into the 1'10's already. Still need some suspension work though. Once I get something dialed in, I'll post some settings. Just keep that VSD at around 10%. Makes the car handle more like a RWD car does.

Just keep that VSD at around 10%. Makes the car handle more like a RWD car does.

Way ahead of you man, that's the first thing i did.:D

I've got the gear ratio at auto 30, all front lsd set at minimum, all rear lsd's at 3, and downforce at max. Dunno about these but it felt much better right away.

Don't forget about the "Gear Trick" that Mr. P informed about.

First, set your final gear all the way to the right. Something like 5.499.
Then, move the "Auto Gear" all the way to the left. It's lowest position.
Next, go back to the "Final Gear" and reduce it till you get it where you want it. Usually hitting red line at the end of the longest straight away.

Yeah I never really understood that..I'll give it a try.

Any thoughts on final drive ratio?

Right now, I have my final drive set at 3.239

I ended up with 3.320. I think you're getting a better exit speed out of the last turn than me;)

Still stuck at 1:13:220. Definitely need to tweek the suspension now.

Well now I've started to mess with the suspension and am down to 1:12:309 as a best clean lap. The car seems to be sliding around too much in general, but the main problem I am having is a slight understeer that happens when you are mid corner and begin to accelerate, the front tires try to drive the car with part of the available traction instead of devoting 100% traction to turning. This may just be me because I am a F/R drive guy myself, I never use 4WD like I said. Here's some sttings that I have, anyone is welcome to try them out or if you have some advice let me know, I am NOT a good tuner by any stretch:dunce:

Springs = 7.5/10.0
Ride height = 65/65
Shocks at 10/10/10/10
Camber = 3.0/1.0
Toe = -2/-2
Stabilizers = 6/7
Brakes = 18=18
LSD Front 5/5/5 (minimum)
LSD Rear = Init 30/ Acc 20 / Decel 20
Gears as noted above
Downforce 1.00/1.15
ASM off
TCS = 2
VCD =10

2. No short cuts.
7. 2 tires on the track at all times.

2) Whats considered a short-cut on this course?

7) Where is it possible for more than 2 tires to leave the track?

thanx :D

its where u can get s2000lm rx-7lm and fto lm and one more i think i frogt it .. nice choice boom, its my excuse to get that car know .. lol

is SSR5 the really really long course or is it the one that has a rain course optional? is this one easy or diffucult course?

Well Im screwed.

I have never even raced the fto Lm because I still haven't got it during the 2 month period I have had this game.

Im gonna get it and run some, but my time will be majorly shanty because of my work and school.

Hopefully I woulnt have to fool around too much.

Now I just gotta get to work winning this car.

It's going to be interesting... SSR5 is the track where i've always been the fastest... Surely not fast enough for you guys, though. ;)

i would have soiled myself with glee if it was SS5 reverse. SS5 is cool too though, i can go both ways (say nothing). wherever and whatever. the more tracks and cars you know, the better. this car is a dart if you can make it steer. i'll offer some assistance there is needed.

Man this car is understeer city a real handful to drive Lapping in the 1'13,s pure pish mon
I will be very surprised if i can get a nice run out of this one
But it's early doors yet..

i'm not at home or anything so i can't actually fiddle with the car but try this:

change the springs to 7.7/17.7

camber and to to:
1.0/1.0
0.0/-2.0

stabilizers to 1/1

lsd 5/5/5 (always)

df 1.00/1.10 (rear could even be a bit lower here)

VCD to 10% (i've heard this and that but technically speaking, if a car don't steer, you need power to the rear)

just take a try and see if you're getting some steer now. i can be more accurate when i actually have a car to tune at home.

Back