Weekly Race Series, Week 42

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 157 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
The Car: ARCADE MODE CAR ONLY. Everyone is on the same playing field as there is no tuning.

ARCADE MODE JGTC Cars:

Skyline - Zexel and Calsonic
Supra - Castrol and Denso
NSX - Mugen and Arta
MR-S Autobacs
Razo Sylvia

The Track: Cote D Azur

The Race: HOT LAP. Arcade Mode, Free Run.

The Rules:

1. Arcade Mode cars listed above only.
2. No wall touching.
3. Rumble Strips are part of the track.
4. Save your replay.
5. No hybrids.
6. No cheating of any kind.

Time Discussion: All "T" times.

The Deadline: Monday at midnight, Mountain Standard Time USA. The 8th of December.
Please include what division you are in along with what car you used and your final time.

Hmmm, I am very anxious for this one, i think im going to have alot more fun and a whole lot less mind boggling compared to last week.:lol: For sure tomorrow ill get in im some T times to start some competition. But for now its off to bed for me, night all. - GBR

omg! cote d'azure?! haven't played that course in AGEs.....

i wonder if there will ever be an F1 challenge for a weekly series?

Finally, after all those weeks with "choose your own car under ....... credits " and stuff, you come up with a arcade race:tup:

But why, WHY! must it be at Monaco?

Hi All

Its been a while hasn't It.

I'm between PS2's right now, I sold mines cuz i want to get a version 7 or version 9 but I have a beat up old one with me now so I think I'll see if i could get a few laps in

O yeah, NSX all the way

Cote d' Azur, good choice, I love that track...I'll get some T times maybe today..because for the rest of the week I'm busy till saturday, till then.

After the hecticness of last week (hmm - i think i just invented a word) I should be back in this week.
Monte Carlo (Cote D'Azure... huh) is a street course i really like - and I'm not a big fan of street courses. Maybe cos I was there just over a year ago!

Had a quick spin in the cars and it seems to me the Denso is the beastie to have.
T1: 25.09
T2: 1:08.11

And thats after about 5 laps so there's more in there.
Probably not the greatest times but a starting point.

Oh - only one very slight wall brush... but I smacked it coming out of the very last corner onto the home 'straight'.

The denso seems to be a bit stiffer than the castrol and lets you get on the power earlier - brakes seem to be a tad better too.
The Mugen NSX is good too. Might spend some more time in it but I reckon I'll end up with the Denso being a touch better.
Arta NSX is close but not quite there.

The MR and Silvia are too underpowered to compete - but they are good to dive if you don't know the circuit too well. Use them for practice and you'll find it an easier move to the more powerful cars.

Cote with arcade cars?

You know Im in on this one. Probably a denso run, but I will also put in a silvia run just for some fun.

I also suggest that the cars used are taken note of... the mrs and silivia are both in the gt300 division where as the others are gt500.

Anyway, thanks for setting up an awesome race... this really looks like something I was talking about a week or so ago. So thanks boom.

Later fellas.

Humm!!!!! Cote d'azur good choice, now i must to choose a car maybe a skyline or MR, i'll try it tonight......:mischievous:

AHH this one is interesting :mischievous: I think I might be in on this one because I like the combo very much... plus ODP needs some company up there in Division 1 :lol:

Hey man, wtf about me?

Im no winner all the time, but I can run on occassion.

Anyway, just put in about 15 minutes and came down with a 1.05.9, but thats still really off of what I know I could have by the end of the week.

For now Im gonna be working on school work, but this race will get some of my time throughout the week.

Till next time.

btw, the dual shock 1 controller is not the way to go with this race. (of course I have no choice, but thought you guys would wanna know...)
tcs can be off on this one if you have throttle control, so good luck fellas.

You'll go quicker without them in arcade mode anyway, this'll be the first weekly race I've entered so I hope I can make in impression, I'm in division 2 by the way and hi everyone.

Hi live4speed, welcome to the weekly racing series :D division 2 huh? you gonna compete with me then:mischievous:

Well, this is the track that I have the most experience, and I know pretty much the braking on all turns, and well, I got a very good time I guess, but still I can improve.

T1=0'24.180
T2=1'04.402

Btw key turns to a fast time are: 1st turn...turn before the tunnel..chicane after tunnel..and probably the two last turns of the race.

I would like to say hi to everybody too. :)

I've just joined the Planet for some online racing, and here I am. I'm in the division 3, and hoping for some tight competition there. ;)

Starting at Cote d'Azur is gonna be a tough one. The walls are so close and some of them even seems magnetic. Well, good luck to everybody. 👍

Hi Niels, welcome to the weekly racing series :)

Don't you love how close those walls are?:mischievous:

The walls arent a big deal in this track, just keep focus on timing right the moment of accelerating out of the corner ;)

Originally posted by HeinrichII
Hi Niels, welcome to the weekly racing series :)

Don't you love how close those walls are?:mischievous:

The walls arent a big deal in this track, just keep focus on timing right the moment of accelerating out of the corner ;)

Ahhh!:D yes I do...

I dropped in after doing some studying for bio and noticed heinrich's time, so of course I had to turn on the playstation and get in one more quick session.

Ran 1 lap... brought it down to 1.05.3, then turned on the ghost, ran against the 1.05.3 and dogged it straight down to a 1.04.4. (clean)

So now I guess Im gonna have a little time to relax and do the work I should be doing... school work.

But I guess if you guys keep pulling the times down I will put in a few extra minutes and see if I can keep up.:banghead:

argh! I knew that posting early fast T times, someone would match them already, and kent did it, not a surprise hehe :)

Well I think I'm gonna do some more laps and see if I can get something better :cool:

Well hold on there mister... wouldn't you rather just wait till the last second and give us all a chance at keeping up :D Ok, so thats a bad idea... oh well.

Anyway, I did go and race my 4.4 ghost and instantly realized that something in the 1.03 range is fully obtainable. I just need the time to do so, and that my friends is where all of you (besides a few) have the advantage on me... of course, that and the whole thing about me only having a ds1 to use. (damned ds2 piece of ****)

Anyway, Ive gotta run off to school now, but I will be back tonight. (of course, that means nothing in terms of possible progress since I can't play gt when Im **** faced drunk.)

later :D

Thanks for the welcome Heinrich.

About the walls not being a big deal. Yeah right. Just make me drive way to carefully. :banghead:
After a few laps in the NSX's and the Supra's (haven't decided yet) :

T1:0'25.188
T2:1'10.108 :(

Well, one good thing about this track: there is lots of room for improvement. ;)

Hehe Kent, I just like to step it up whenever I can, it makes me improve my driving skills:cool:, and yes, the 1.03.xxx is quite reachable, but geeze I have to go flying on tight corners, the closest I got so far a few mins ago was a 1'04'0xx but oversteered the car at the last U turn.

And for Niels, yes there is lots of room to improve, but you reach at some point where it seems impossible to improve(like the point I have reached now:banghead: )

The Loctite Skyline has given me some good T times, I might try to see what I can come up with this car.

I've had a T2 of 1'05,899
Theres alot of room for improvment, that T2 is quicker than my first attempt but on my first attempt I was alot quicker round the first corner and up the hill.

I ran 2 laps in the castrol and got

I thought these were good until i came on here :(

Lol, Small_Fryz i feel the same, thought i was doing good then i came on here to only realize i am pretty far behind. :( *sniffles* :(

Its okay though i am putting in some serious laps:mischievous:

Heinrich says he's using the Loctite, I can't get close to that time with the loctite, best car I've used is the Denso.

Back