Weekly Race Series, Week 7 - Astranomical

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 131 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Week 7

The Car: Opel Astra. Fully modded. 829 HP Your choice of tires. ;) Pretty cool model car huh!
opel3.jpg

If you don't have this car in your garage, you can win it by running the German Touring Car Championship, Amateur League.

The Track: Grand Valley Raceway.

The Race: Hot lap. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. 2 tires on the track at all times.
2. Rumble Strips are part of the track.
3. No wall touching.
4. No short cutting.
5. No hybrids
6. No cheating of any kind.
7. Save your replay.
8. Have fun, and see ya in the Valley. ;)

The deadline: Midnight of Monday April 7th. Mountain Standard Time.
Not sure of your time zone, check here: www.worldtimezone.com

Time discussion can be T2's and T3's.

Let's get it on.

Ive never raced this car before should be a challenge. Is it anything like the CLK?
I hope so i love that car!I guess i will have to go win it though.:D :crazy: 👍

Originally posted by bondy_1625
what is mountain standard time?

I think it's a time zone on or near the state of Arizona but i could be wrong..

But for us in the UK the deadline is 7am on tuesday morning...as this time zone is 7 hours behind us..:)

Astra touring car @G.V mmm this sounds good i have one in my garage ..Don't think i've ran it much so it should be good for Bhp ..

See yoose on the track ...Time to try out my Toca touring skilz :D

Hey - a car I actually have in my garage. But wait, oh no, it's already 15bhp down because of it's high mileage. Guess I'm going to have to go racing again...

Best T3 with tired car 1'04.297

👍 GREAT Choice boombexus!!! 👍
:D Not the fastest car in my garage, but fun to drive & has brakes that would stop a freight train!!! (Of course I'm driving a Zonda C12S in another OLR so ANY other brakes would seem great!!!)

Best of 5 laps w/LOOSE Set-up inherited from "Werner's Garage":

T1 17.377
T2 48.670
T3 1'05.551

Gotta tighten up the rear end as Wastgate's already more than a second ahead w/a "tired" ride!!!...UB57
:D

i am seriously choppin up my times heh!:lol:
check this out
T1 T2
0'18.627 0'51.993
0'17.884 0'50.932
0'17.862 0'51.153
0'17.851 0'51.146
0'17.966 0'50.370

Originally posted by UB57
👍 GREAT Choice boombexus!!! 👍
:D Not the fastest car in my garage, but fun to drive & has brakes that would stop a freight train!!! (Of course I'm driving a Zonda C12S in another OLR so ANY other brakes would seem great!!!)

Best of 5 laps w/LOOSE Set-up inherited from "Werner's Garage":

T1 17.377
T2 48.670
T3 1'05.551

Gotta tighten up the rear end as Wastgate's already more than a second ahead w/a "tired" ride!!!...UB57

im pretty much running the same sort of times at the mo.. still need a lot of work done to this car
But at the mo i don't like it that much ..That could all well change as we go on..

Originally posted by bondy_1625
wow:eek: thats qik UBEE what r those setting(if u dont mind me asking)

:D bondy_1625 you're NOT going to believe this. Went to my source to find out about the settings & they're from some VERY QUICK Laps run at Rallye Tracks!!!:eek: (I thought the ride height was a little high!!!) Will adjust a little & post here when they seem "Reasonable."

BTW: New T3 w/Rallye Settings...1'04.416...UB57

Originally posted by UB57
:D bondy_1625 you're NOT going to believe this. Went to my source to find out about the settings & they're from some VERY QUICK Laps run at Rallye Tracks!!!:eek: (I thought the ride height was a little high!!!) Will adjust a little & post here when they seem "Reasonable."

BTW: New T3 w/Rallye Settings...1'04.416...UB57

1'04 jesus im getting in the 1'07's. rally? whoa kool!:mischievous:

OK bondy_1625
:D Here they are, lots of room for improvement, have only changed Ride Height. LSD & Auto Set. Sure the "Fast Guys" will have a better set-up soon...UB57

Spring Rate.......5.0/8.0
Ride Height.......60/60
Bound...............10/10
Rebound...........10/10
Camber............2.0/1.0
Toe.....................0/0
Stabs.................4/5

Brakes.............18/22

LSD..................ALL 5s

Auto Set...........35

Downforce........Max/Max
ASM..................0
TCS..................1
VCD..................N/A

Came out with
T1 16.9
T2 47.5
T3 1.03.6

This is a looooooooose ride, i'm drifting all over the place:D

I belive it's gonna be hard work, setting it up.... this gooose:irked:

Did a few laps during lunch, came out with a best T2 of 47.354, oversteering like a mad man out of every tight corner... I believe there's room for improvement, once i can "tame" the back end a bit more.

Well Im putting in the 47.5 times but heres the thing...

Settings are killing me.

I cant find anything good.

Right now I just want to see something from boom on the setting level or maybe red eyed racer.

Whatever the case, I need some settings that are based around limiting oversteer.

Ive already gone with these...

springs 15/12
height 70/70
bound 8/10
rebound 8/10
camber 2.5/1.0
toe -2/-2
stabilizers 6/6

brake 9/9

lsd 5/5/5

32 tranny

max df

tcs 2
asm 0

It is doing an alright job, but I know I can do better racing, as well as better with settings.

hey GoKents drop that toe to .5 or 1.0, a negative on them will make your oversteer occur. I haven't run this yet, so I can't say that is totally correct but IMO that should fix some of it.

Boom great choice of circuit, a proper race track with the walls a safe distance from the kerbs and a fantastic car to boot.

Used my old Astra to win a new one, and on 2nd lap with the new car set a T1 16.954, T2 47.487 and T3 63.703 on guessed settings.

WasteGate, the poor deluded fool has started to believe he is Smokin' Jo Winkelhock.

Back