Weekly Race Series Week - 7, RESULTS

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 27 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Nicely done everyone.

Although a poor showing from the PRO class, especially by myself.

A hearty congratulations goes out to Majiik and GoKents for there blistering times. Way to go both of you. :)

Wastegate takes the top spot in the Pro division and Luxy takes the win in the beginner division. Nicely done!!! :)

If you have a replay to post, please do so.

For future reference, please make sure and double check your time that you are going to send. There are a few of you out there that submitted times that were WAY off the pace.
For that reason your times for this week can not be used. Sorry.

PRO:

1'34.298 Wastegate
1’34.769 lotus350
1’34.776 quattro_bro
1’35.057 boom :embarrassed:

Amateur:

1’33.828 Majiik
1’33.985 GoKents
1’34.952 IDAFC21
1’35.046 redmer
1'35.159 UB57
1’35.542 meeekael
1’36.173 CarbonFiber Man
1’37.049 WSSSUP
1’37.514 PunkRock

Beginner:

1’36.160 Luxy
1’37.713 davidjee
1:38.166 bondy_1625
1’39.808 stevo357

Wow I sucked this week. I guess thats what happens when you only have time to run 30 laps.:lol:

I was too busy this week because I bought a new car in real life. Been too busy with all the paperwork and driving it like mad to get through th engine break in period of 500 miles since it only had 22 miles on it when I drove it off the lot:D

It's a Red Miata, if you want to see some pics check it out here:

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/eberstm/...order=&.view=t&.done=http://photos.yahoo.com/

That's me in the driver's seat with the silly grin on my face.

;)

Nice job Majik and Go Kents, way to smoke those pros!:P :lol:

Although Im not happy about 2nd place... I am happy about the overall.

However, not to worry pro's... I have plans for an x-port.

I found one at best buy and its just a matter of getting my next paycheck.

Good racing to Majiik.

I am sort of suprised by the rest of the times... although not entirely.

Just do me a favor everyone... please give up your tcs setting when you reply.

Thanks.

Oh yea, I guess this is my redemption for the brutal time for last weeks r390 race.

Oh well, just goes to show what determination and bundles of time can do for a man... or woman. (lotus, right?)

I ran my TCS betwen 4 and 7. I think it was at 6 for my best laps. I got down into the 1:35's twice but I had 3 wheels off for a second.:irked:

Nice job guys pitty i was'nt able to post my time up...But for the record you guys whooped my ass big style..
My time was in the very low 1'35's sorry can't be more accurate ...Still no mem card..:(

im off to London in about an hour for 3/4 days ...

What happened to the Pro's looks like you had the same problem i did :eek: did you hate the car? ..or just not put alot into it? ..im yes to both reasons ;)

catch you guys later time to get my **** together..:)

Yeah, not much time to race for me and it showed. I need to get through the rest of the ski season and then work will die down considerably. Meaning, I'll have more time to play.

My TCS settins were at 7.

Very nice times Majiik,Gokents,UB57 and Wastegate 👍 I wanted a 1'33 but just couldn't do it, I knew you guys would be up there out front .

Like I said last night I never beat my 1st sessions time of 1'34.7 and only ran about 70k for that :irked:

TCS at 4 I think .

Cool.... 1st:D

Great racing GoKents and UB57....👍

Nice to C Amateur's at top 3...:)

I almost gave up at 1.34.021

BTW: TCS 0

Here's my replay:

Attachments

• astranomical 1.33.828.xps
    49.1 KB · Views: 13
wow, great times gokents and majiik.....im glad i was able to improve my time tonight...bumped me up a few spots than where i wouldve been if i didnt...hehe. anyways heres my replay (i hope) sparks flyin all the way...haha

oh, and i had tcs set at 5

Attachments

• idafc21 astra.sps
    44.7 KB · Views: 10
WTG the Amateurs. MajiiK, GoKents and UB57 really stuck it to everyone at the Valley finishing 1-2-3 overall. The first wins for ages for an Opel Astra DTM car, and quite possibly for a while longer...

It's good to see some new names entering this week and posting some pretty useful times. Stick at it guys, and you'll learn and get quicker.

I wish I'd thought to turn down my TCS MajiiK, I ran at 5 and never tried anything lower.

Originally posted by MajiiK
Cool.... 1st:D

Great racing GoKents and UB57....👍

Nice to C Amateur's at top 3...:)

I almost gave up at 1.34.021

BTW: TCS 0

Here's my replay:

Nice replay Majiik 👍 Nice T1 and liked the way you pulled it back in tunnel 1 :D Don't know how the hell you could drive it with 0 tcs
:eek:

Here's my replay ... don't laugh at the last bend :mischievous: :D

Attachments

• fr_gvs_opel_astra_race_00_01_34_769.xps
    45.5 KB · Views: 10
Nice times doods...

I was just happy to win the car and enter my time in...

Not much in it when you think about it...

Good stuff
WSSSUP
:D

VERY SORRY ALL !!!
:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: boombexus please edit the Finish List. I had one eye open when I PMed you last nite & didn't check my submission. Time should be 1'35.195. Knew something was "amiss" this morning as I expected to be my normal +1.5 seconds behind the leaders & knew from the T2 & T3 times that GoKents & Majiik were MUCH Quicker then myself.:embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed:

On another note: Thanx to all who posted their set-ups.👍 Was able to run 1'35.3xx with them all, but the most consistent for me was a modified RALLYE set-up gleaned from Werner's Garage. Oddly enough I could never best the Rallye set-up's T1 time w/my mods, but absolutely Killed the T2 & T3 times, Go figure!!!

In addition to TCS I would LOVE to know what controllers everyone is using. I think Lotus 350 uses a "MOMO" & know Majiik & Wastegate use a "BLUE" Logitech like myself.

TCS: 4 - Blue Wheel w/AT

Once again, Very Sorry for the foul-up...UB57

Originally posted by lotus350
Nice replay Majiik 👍 Nice T1 and liked the way you pulled it back in tunnel 1 :D Don't know how the hell you could drive it with 0 tcs
:eek:

Here's my replay ... don't laugh at the last bend :mischievous: :D

Thnx...
Don't like the TCS... It's more fun without it... driftstyle:D

And your last bend wasn't that bad...:)

Originally posted by UB57

In addition to TCS I would LOVE to know what controllers everyone is using. I think Lotus 350 uses a "MOMO" & know Majiik & Wastegate use a "BLUE" Logitech like myself.

TCS: 4 - Blue Wheel w/AT

I used the DS2 for this one ;) :D

Originally posted by MajiiK
Thnx...
Don't like the TCS... It's more fun without it... driftstyle:D

And your last bend wasn't that bad...:)

You drove it well considering..... 👍

Excellent times everyone...Way to go Majiik and GoKents!...welcome to the newcomers.

I usually drive with TCS at 0 (always do in my other league). I wish I had the time to try it out for this race. As it was, I ran with TCS at 4. After starting out at 3, I moved it up as high as 6, but it just seemed to rob too much speed coming out of the corners. I ran a few laps with TCS at 1, but didn't have the patience for it, so back up to 4.

Anyway, I don't have the __-port, so I can't see your replay, Majiik, but huge kudos for running without TCS and putting together that time!

I use the DS/2, non-analog, AT.

Congrats, Wastegate for the Pro victory and a great time...and Lotus, for a first session, that's an awesome time!

~qb

grrr....is there any way to convert an xport save to a sharkport save? probably not since they're from different versions of the game. i really wanna see some of these replays

Originally posted by IDAFC21
grrr....is there any way to convert an xport save to a sharkport save? probably not since they're from different versions of the game. i really wanna see some of these replays

Unfortunately NO. Mr P was kind enough to send me some replays early on in this comp & while I was able to download them & put them on my memory card, I COULD NOT VIEW them. Think it has to do w/PAL-NTSC differences PLUS something about 50cycles/60 cycles...UB57
:D

Originally posted by boombexus
Nicely done everyone.

Although a poor showing from the PRO class, especially by myself.

A hearty congratulations goes out to Majiik and GoKents for there blistering times. Way to go both of you. :)

Wastegate takes the top spot in the Pro division and Luxy takes the win in the beginner division. Nicely done!!! :)

If you have a replay to post, please do so.

For future reference, please make sure and double check your time that you are going to send. There are a few of you out there that submitted times that were WAY off the pace.
For that reason your times for this week can not be used. Sorry.

PRO:

1'34.298 Wastegate
1’34.769 lotus350
1’34.776 quattro_bro
1’35.057 boom :embarrassed:

Amateur:

1’33.828 Majiik
1’33.985 GoKents
1’34.195 UB57
1’34.952 IDAFC21
1’35.046 redmer
1’35.542 meeekael
1’36.173 CarbonFiber Man
1’37.049 WSSSUP
1’37.514 PunkRock

Beginner:

1’36.160 Luxy
1’37.713 davidjee
1:38.166 bondy_1625
1’39.808 stevo357

but but boom, i gggavve u my ttime?:confused: :scared: :(

Originally posted by UB57
Think it has to do w/PAL-NTSC differences

thats what i figured....grr..damn you pros and your PAL versions!! maybe thats my problem. I think the NTSC version of the game is slower than the pal version...hehe

Originally posted by cobraking13
but but boom, i gggavve u my ttime?:confused: :scared: :(

Hey cobraking13.

Sorry bout that, but you sent me a time of 1'20.xxx. That's just a bit off the mark. ;) I didn't notice it in time for you to resubmit before the deadline.

Please make sure that everyone is double and triple checking there times before you send them in.

Thanks.

Boom

yes, i have a problem with that i seem to type somtin else thats like 20sec of fthe real one.. an then ppl gonna start thinkin i cheat :(

Back