Weekly Race Series, Week - 8, Rally round the family.

• Thread starter boombexus
  • 177 comments

boombexus

Staff Emeritus
Ok lady and gentlemen.

Time for a rally race.

The Car: Lancia Delta HF Integrale. Fully modded. 423 HP.
Lancia_Delta_Integrale.jpg

If you don't like the sound of blow off valves, you will need to turn the volume donw for this car. :D
This car can be bought for 500,000 credits at the dealership. It can also be won by running the "Passage to Colosseo" Endurance race. Make sure you use the "Save Trick" if you want to get the car this way. ;)

The Track: Tahiti Maze

The Race: Hot lap. Arcade mode, free run. Get your fastest lap time.

The Rules:

1. No wall touching.
2. No cheating.
3. No hybrids.
4. Save your replay.
5. Race hard.
6. Have fun. :)

The Deadline: Midnight of Monday the 14th of April, Mountain Standard Time, USA. If you are unfamiliar as to what exactly Mountain Standard Time is, it is the 3rd timezone from the East Coast of the USA. You can find you timezones here at: www.worldtimezone.com

Time discussions: will be T2 times only.

Lets have some fun with this one.

:( :( :( a Rally and im going to miss it ..Well a few days anyway..:( Good choice boom ..👍 im sure Mr P's gonna love this :D

catch you later ;)

Im out...

GT is for road racing, not this dirt crap.

Sorry fellas, but there wont even be a test run for me on this one.

I race rally when I must... no more.

Catch you in week nine.

Oh yea... I will keep up with the thread.

However, this rally crap should be in a seperate category if you ask me... this is the official GT weekly race.

Not the official WRC race.

But I will give it to you guys...

Week after week I saw this coming...

nothing but request for rally and no response.

It was only a matter of time.

I think we should also think about an F1 car...

Maybe a F/090 since it is the easiest one to obtain...

But whatever.

Good luck with the racing guys...

Sorry to hear that GoKents. I'm not the biggest rally fan either, but I have some fun with this. Plus maybe I can get some help with tuning for a rally car.

Please have a lot of nice settings posted for me comming back :D so i can just get in about it when i get back ...

Cheers guys & Gal ..:)

Good luck

ehhh....this oughta be interesting. ive never really taken the rally portion of this game too seriously, and have no clue how to tune a rally car. i hope i can keep some good times for this one. Im not really a big fan of the rally either(at least in terms of gt3's rally), but hey, its part of the gt package, and this series is about learning, so hopefully i'll learn a thing or two about becoming a better rally driver!

oh! i wanna be the first to post up a t2 time...even tho im sure its gonna suck. best so far after some "borrowed" settings from gtvault (didnt really have a good selection) and a quick 10 laps of trying to get used to the track and the car: 1'03.0 i think im really gonna enjoy this once i get into the swing of things.

Rally racing is in the game isnt it, so why is it crap?? One persons tea is another persns coffee. But rally racing isnt crap, it is cool. It is a little more challenging than road racing too!! anyway I will have fun with this, thanks for the rally Boom you rock!!:D :rolleyes: :)

About time an all :mischievous:

Rally sucks!!! who said that!!!? :irked:

I'm off to buy a new Lancia right now, back with a T2 soon hopefully :mischievous:

Originally posted by Wastegate
I said I sucked at rallying and IDAFC21 said his T2 time sucked, but nobody said rally sucks ... yet.

I was refering to Gokents and his stand against a rally race :P

IDAFC21 that's not a bad T2 for starters 👍

I got a chance to have a decent session already, here's my splits..

Best NON-Clean lap = T2 1:01.492

Best CLEAN lap = T2 1:01.917

I think I can still take a nice chunk off those if I can get lots of miles in this week
:mischievous:

Did I mention I have golds on all the rally licences tests?:cool:
Not that it means I'm any good at rally...:lol:

Best clean lap so far 1'01.843, but there's more to come from the driver, settings and engine yet.

Ahhh, the sweet sounds of wastegates blowing off ;)

Nice T2's :eek:

My best is now 1'02.8

EDIT: Make that 1'01.908 ...now I'm getting warmed up :mischievous:

Here's what set up I've managed to get there with ...

3.0 / 3.0
128 / 127
8 / 8
7 / 7
2.0 / 1.9
-0.5 / -0.5
2 / 4

13/ 13

lsd all 5's

final 3.040 auto 24

df 0.74 / 0.91
asm 0
tcs 5
vcd 10%

Time to raise the bar here 1:01.005. I've run under 61 seconds but the rest of the lap was poor.

Still fiddling with the settings, will post them when I'm happy with them.

I used to be rubbish at rally, but since switching my wheel from Simulation setting to Professional things seem to have got easier.

Hmmm, have you tried running with a TCS of 0 yet Lotus? I haven't tried with it on, but prefer to do setup work with it off.

?????
Hey boom,
Took a ZERO MILE Lancia I WON somewhere & added Stage 2 Turbo making HP about 415, Changed the oil & it SHOT UP TO 436!!! Any chance the 423 figure is "Pre break-In"??? Thanx...UB57
:D

Thanx Wastegate !!!
:D Thought maybe I was having another "Brain Fahrt"(Check Wk #7 Results!!!) Just checked GTPlanet Max HP Chart & it shows 436 as well, so guess I'm OK.

Thanx lotus350 👍 for posting your set-up. Ran 5 laps TOTALLY STOCK as a baseline. By second lap w/your set-up had taken off over a second @ T2 & 2 seconds @ Finish Line!!! Sure there's lots more to come off...UB57

Did my first five testlaps today, with a 1.01.7xx as best clean T2.

I really like this combo, it will be a real struggle to keep the heavy Lancia out of the walls while rallying as fast as possible.

Originally posted by Wastegate
Hmmm, have you tried running with a TCS of 0 yet Lotus? I haven't tried with it on, but prefer to do setup work with it off.

No not yet, but I will do :mischievous:

Hey boom:
IMO T1 & T3 times would be INVALUABLE for LEARNING on this track, but won't post w/out permission. (Hint- Hint)

After 20 laps have taken over 3.5 seconds off my "Stock" times. Am using lotus350's 👍 set-up but w/o TCS, Stabs set to MAX & VCD @ 50%. (I noticed A LOT of body roll in the replay & I just Love AWD, turning VCD down may yield quicker lap times but then we may as well run FR cars, just my opinion.) Right where I am normally, about .5 behind lotus350 & CarbonFiber Man & a little over 1 second behind Wastegate. (Sure hope Wastegate doesn't get any quicker as his HP reaches MAX!!!)...UB57
Oh Yea: sure hope GT4 has a feature where you could load 2 replays together. Especially on this track it would be great to compare lines DIRECTLY!!!

UB57, you can do that.

In the analyzer, you can load an A car and a B Car. Then compare individual sectors. Also, when running the replay, have the ghost on. You can Load one of Boom's replays and race against his ghost.

Just a thought.

AO

Originally posted by UB57
Sure hope Wastegate doesn't get any quicker as his HP reaches MAX

Ahhh, now I've gone and done it. New T2: 1'00.101. Dropped a couple of tenths over the last two sectors but still over 1/2 sec up on my previous best. BHP now up to 431.

That Integrale looks fabulous on opposite lock on the replays :cool: I always wanted one as a road car, but was slightly put off by the nagging feeling that they were, and still are, way more than I can afford.

Originally posted by Der Alta
UB57, you can do that.

In the analyzer, you can load an A car and a B Car. Then compare individual sectors. Also, when running the replay, have the ghost on. You can Load one of Boom's replays and race against his ghost.

Just a thought.

AO

MAN I LOVE THIS FORUM !!!
THANX AO !!! Had NO IDEA (obviously) we could do that. Have saved my replay from each week along w/several faster ones, will have to load 'em up.

@ Wastegate:
Give yer elders a chance to catch up !!! Was so proud of my new 1'00.979 T2 & you're STILL 8/10 Ahead of me 👍 !!! BTW: Lowered Auto Set 2 notches, works much better for me w/AT.

Back