Weekly Rewind: Gran Turismo Sport Arrives Sooner Than Expected

*checks the date*

Nope, not April 1st.

Then again, it's not October yet either.

Misleadingly, the headline and article state "arrives [in October]", not "will arrive" or perhaps more realistically, "is expected to arrive".

*checks the date*

Nope, not April 1st.

Then again, it's not October yet either.

Misleadingly, the headline and article state "arrives [in October]", not "will arrive" or perhaps more realistically, "is expected to arrive".

Believe me, I understand the cautious approach but I fail to see how either title is misleading. Until proven otherwise, the release date is in October.

What the heck - I pre-ordered the "Digital Deluxe Edition"

US Playstation Store is selling "Gran Turismo Sport - Digital Deluxe Edition" for $80, Play on 10/17/2017 11am Eastern Time.

Looks like it's real and the wait is down to 93 days. I know the digital version is for me, but $80 is a bit steep. Wonder if "VR Optional" means paying more money out?

Digital Deluxe Edition features:

- Pre-Order Offer: Early Access 3-Car Pack and GT SPORT Dynamic Theme at launch
- Limited Time Offer: Pre-order GT SPORT Digital Deluxe Edition and receive a limited edition GT SPORT T-Shirt (While supplies last). See Playstation.com/gtsdeluxe for terms and conditions.

- GT SPORT Game
- GT Starter Pack (12 Cars) - Gain immediate access to cars within various race class, including GT4, Rally and more
- $2 Million In-Game Credit - Build and customize your personalized garage
- Livery Sticker Pack - Bonus livery of numerous performance brands and logos
- Racing Helmet - For your customized driver profile
- 60 PS4 GT Sport Themed Avatars - Based on selected GT Sport featured vehicles

VR Optional - Supports all vehicles, selected tracks in dedicated PS VR Mode

VR Optional: Supports all vehicles, selected tracks in dedicated PS VR Mode

Last edited:
I'm so glad the wait is finally over and we are soon going to be able to play one of our favourite racing games. I have no idea which version to purchase though, and there is serious problem for us all, how on earth are we going to find the time to play all 3 games ? I feel like I have to choose which one to invest my time into. Does anyone else feel this way ?

I'm so glad the wait is finally over and we are soon going to be able to play one of our favourite racing games. I have no idea which version to purchase though, and there is serious problem for us all, how on earth are we going to find the time to play all 3 games ? I feel like I have to choose which one to invest my time into. Does anyone else feel this way ?

Take your time with all 3 and rotate them weekly as it is very unlikely there will be a sequel to these three games now for at least another 2 years (2019) as they will probably all start work on the next gen (PS5 or Xbox ThreeX!) :cheers:

Yes I suppose I could do that. I do have loose plan. Play the heck out of GTS for a year then purchase a hopefully reduced price Xbox One X to play the best versions of F7 and PC2..

That is also a good plan :sly: but I have pre-ordered PCars2 already as well as it looks so good for me (photomode/livetrack) and track/Car list I want and I know I wouldn't be able to play one game for a whole year! 👍 I will probably pick up Forza7 around Xmas/new year depending on offers on the new Xbox One X but this will be last for me.

Fair enough, for me I don't mind waiting as I don't have loads of spare time available for gaming, unfortunately! So playing just GTS for a year won't be that bad, infact what am I saying, it will be great!

Take your time with all 3 and rotate them weekly as it is very unlikely there will be a sequel to these three games now for at least another 2 years (2019) as they will probably all start work on the next gen (PS5 or Xbox ThreeX!) :cheers:
It's better to just go with your favourite game and buy that full price. If you want to get the other 2 as well just wait for a sales period later on. :)

Also for multiplayer you are better competitive just playing 1 racing game so your body and mind can train in that game, instead of swapping between multiple games all with different handling and feel.

It's better to just go with your favourite game and buy that full price. If you want to get the other 2 as well just wait for a sales period later on. :)

Also for multiplayer you are better competitive just playing 1 racing game so your body and mind can train in that game, instead of swapping between multiple games all with different handling and feel.

Too late ;) I pre-ordered both GTS & PCars2 and have already Dirt4/MXGP3 so far this year. I will also get NFS Payback and the Crew2, & Gravel, WRC7 as well. I like to mix things up and see what each game is offering and I can't just stick to one Franchise. I have been playing now long enough to swap between all games comfortably (only takes a few seconds to get back in to each game if you have been playing it before) but I understand your view and what works for you may not work for me/everyone. :cheers:

Last edited:
Everyone's talking about preordering GT Sport, but I'm just thrilled that we have the Weekly Rewind back!!

Back