Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I'd give God's Chariot a go (you can deny it but you're wrong, because ITR is life) and did an 8:00.7 from a standing start... Sub 8s are a definitive possibility.

7:54? Thats very fast. Did you share the tune in FM7 or is it the same you posted here? thanks for sharing btw.

Yeah, it's shared.

The other one i posted on here was built for Catalunya GP but just so happened to work quite well for this track as well.

Yeah, it's shared.

The other one i posted on here was built for Catalunya GP but just so happened to work quite well for this track as well.
Thanks mate! I know how much work you put into it, so it is much appreciated. I would be nowhere near as close to the top without guys like you sharing the tunes. THANKS!

Thought I'd give God's Chariot a go (you can deny it but you're wrong, because ITR is life) and did an 8:00.7 from a standing start... Sub 8s are a definitive possibility.

Nice.

An 8:00 from a standing start is quick. What is it, 3-5 seconds gained from a flying lap?

Nice.

An 8:00 from a standing start is quick. What is it, 3-5 seconds gained from a flying lap?

I usually do a rolling start and see 2-3 seconds faster on the second lap, not much more from the starting speed as there is not much difference there but having the tires warmed up going into those first few corners makes a very noticeable difference. From a standing start I would expect another 1-2 seconds so yeah i would say 3-5 seconds sounds about right.

Managed to post 8:09.009 with that '90 MX-5 tune @RPM Bibblefish which isn't bad for me. I'm sure I could wring more time out of it but certainly not 14 seconds I don't know how you're doing that :confused: :grumpy:

Managed to post 8:09.009 with that '90 MX-5 tune @RPM Bibblefish which isn't bad for me. I'm sure I could wring more time out of it but certainly not 14 seconds I don't know how you're doing that :confused: :grumpy:
Well, after that, practice makes perfect. It all comes down to knowing the track. I myself used to test and tune all my cars on this specific track, so I've really learned the ins and outs over the years.

I blame Mission 34 for both my knowledge and hatred of the track. :lol: The hardest part is finding the sweet spot where you can be more agressive by braking later or carrying more speed through the corners without actually losing time, which is a lot easier to do on a shorter track.

Well, after that, practice makes perfect. It all comes down to knowing the track. I myself used to test and tune all my cars on this specific track, so I've really learned the ins and outs over the years.

I've been in love with The Ring since GT4 was released. Until that point, I had never bothered even trying for gold medals in license tests; I just blazed through them to pass the license. My first ever gold in Gran Turismo was, incredibly, S-16 in GT4; I even remember the required time of 7:07.700 for gold. I'll never forget the buzz when I heard that music as I crossed the line (after about a million tries). Baaam BAAAAAAM... BA-DAAAAAAA :lol:

I blame Mission 34 for both my knowledge and hatred of the track. :lol: The hardest part is finding the sweet spot where you can be more agressive by braking later or carrying more speed through the corners without actually losing time, which is a lot easier to do on a shorter track.

Likewise this mission; I think I crossed the line about 0:00.002 ahead of that old Merc when I finally beat it, and won my favourite car in GT4; Nissan R89C Race Car.
I'm definitely not out of practice with The Ring, I'm just not as fast as I used to be with a controller (I drive wheel setup/hardcore nowadays). It's something I've had to compromise for simulation's sake; use the wheel and be a little slower, or use a controller and feel like I'm missing out on the full experience.

I ran that event in the 190E on GT4 countless times, I really wanted a blue Cougar and since the color was random I just kept trying, I backed up my game on another card then ran the event till I got the car, not blue, restore and repeat. I must have ran that off and on for a week or more till finally my friend took pity on me and gave me a blue cougar ;) Definitely learned how to get that car around the track clean and in the low 7s

Actually the only reason I bought GT4 and a PS2 was because of the ring. My brother had it and told me to give it a go. 1 lap in a RUF RGT, almost impossible to keep on the road not knowing the car or the track but I thought now there is something I can get into so I went and bought the PS2 and GT4. Since then that is one of my measuring sticks for a game, does it have the ring? If not then why bother ;)

8:10.4xx, I have no idea how I managed to run every lap after the first slower lol

I do this all the time, drives me insane :lol:
Set a time of (for example) 8:10.xxx and each lap round, at each checkpoint, I see things like +1:524.xxx (and that gap just increases throughout the lap). I sit wondering HOW I'm a few seconds slower this lap when I feel like it's a much faster lap :confused:
Then out of nowhere the time will start being faster despite feeling like I'm going slower...

The Z33 was a surprising contender. I managed a 8:03 on a standing lap that was less than stellar. Was nearly 5-6 seconds up on the second lap and butched it on the last few high speed turns before the straight. Snagged a curb and went flying into the right-side walls :banghead: Ended up turning it off out of frustration :lol: I'm going to try to set another time today, should easily break through the 8's

EDIT: Actually, just realized that this will be stopping at 11am PST for me :( I'll be at work. I knew I should have just done another lap lol.

Last edited:
Is it ending tonight or will it first be tomorrow?

Just tryed the 90' Miata, and still 2sec's off Bibblefish :bowdown:

Can really feel i'v been to much off the game lately. Might have to go full noob and try the Integra? :mad::gtpflag:

Im okay with not beating Bibblefish, but im not even top10 in EU makes me sad lol :cool:

Get your votes in now for week 5 gents!

Division:

1. Track Toys
2. Forza GT
3. GT Racing Reborn
4. Prototype Group Racing

Track:

1. Bathurst
2. Watkins Glen Full
3. Spa
4. Yas Marina full

@UnshavenYapper and @ImaRobot voting until tomorrow evening at 6pm GMT, we also can set times until then as well since we moved a day back over Xmas.

Last edited:
@RikkiGT-R Good to know, im gonna give it a last hard try tomorrow, have the day off anyway ;)

For the cars next week im all for Division 3 (Lovely cars) The track i really cant decide on tho. its gonna be 1 or 2, or maybe 3 or 4 :D

Is it ending tonight or will it first be tomorrow?

Just tryed the 90' Miata, and still 2sec's off Bibblefish :bowdown:

Can really feel i'v been to much off the game lately. Might have to go full noob and try the Integra? :mad::gtpflag:

Im okay with not beating Bibblefish, but im not even top10 in EU makes me sad lol :cool:
Do it get the top time :bowdown: I’m way off the pace. only just got a 7:57 in the noob mobile

Dont know if i can squeeze any more out of the Integra, I really wanna break into the 7,49'sss now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back