Weekly Rivals Mode Thread FINAL WEEK

• Thread starter RikkiGT-R
  • 613 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top guy is in an Alfa Spider, Fastest Integra is 3.2secs faster then me. And i used to be in that guys raceteam, he was allways alittle faster then me, so i think 3secs around here is about right.....

I know he used to sit and hotlap for 6-7 hours the same track without end, kinda just doing endurance races till he got the perfect lap.

But i still dont feel safe, got no idea what kind of Integra or Spider Bibblefish is hiding in he's Garage ;)

Top guy is in an Alfa Spider, Fastest Integra is 3.2secs faster then me. And i used to be in that guys raceteam, he was allways alittle faster then me, so i think 3secs around here is about right.....

I know he used to sit and hotlap for 6-7 hours the same track without end, kinda just doing endurance races till he got the perfect lap.

But i still dont feel safe, got no idea what kind of Integra or Spider Bibblefish is hiding in he's Garage ;)

Awaits the @RPM Bibblefish to break out the intergra or spider :D

lol, don't think I'll have time to set another time to be honest. Great laps from the pair of you though.

Hot lap for 6-7 hours?! Holy crap, I’m lucky to get that much time in a week. lol
Yep thats how he used to do it, dont know if its still that way. useally he would listen too hard style or whatever that type of techno music is cool while he did so lol :D

lol, don't think I'll have time to set another time to be honest.
Erhmm okay, let get Rikki in here and close this so we can move on to next week :D :gtpflag:

Yep thats how he used to do it, dont know if its still that way. useally he would listen too hard style or whatever that type of techno music is cool while he did so lol

That sounds about right lol. I use to DJ years ago, mainly Drum and Bass but when requested Hardcore which is very close to hard style. That’s an input overload.

WEEK 4 LEADERBOARDS, Sport Compact Icons, Nordschleife

1. UnshavenYapper – Acura Integra – 7:51.223 :bowdown:

2. FastBud – Acura Integra – 7:54.664

3. RPM Bibblefish – Mazda MX-5 ’90 – 7:54.888

4. LimarobotL – Fairlady Z ’03 – 7:59.230

5. itrfred2 – Acura Integra – 8:00.774

6. VICGT1970 – Silvia ’00 – 8:02.324

7. nEx1983 – Honda Prelude ’00 – 8:04.607

8. HBR RoadHog – Mazda MX-5 ’90 – 8:08.221

9. IamVALHALLA – Mazda MX-5 ’90 – 8:09.009

10. whitemanLS1 – Mazda MX-5 ’90 – 8:10.516

11. ScoobyMcPancake – Silvia ’00 – 8:13.533

12. RM Tricky Nixon – Mitsubishi GTO – 8:14.215

13. JackeParkmann80 – Silvia ’94 – 8:34.519

The RX7 seems to be the car of choice judging by the leaderboards. Had a brief go with the 300ZX yesterday more for fun than anything and it's quite a handful, so I probably won't use that.

I tried a few different cars with basic setups on them just to see how they did. 512BB, 935, M1 Pro Car, XR7
The Porsche the BMW and the Cougar were all pretty close on my initial 4 lap runs with them.

I am a bit partial to Cougars (as you may be able to tell from my avatar ;)) so I think I will spend a little time and try to dial it in to see what I can get out of it. First run with it the BMW and the 935 were all in the mid to upper 1:50s first tweak shaved about a second off of that but the car has quite a bit of understeer combined with some power oversteer that makes it a bit tricky to go fast as is.

Damn! I have to try harder next time. nordschleife really is a time killer. Well done to all those sub 8Min drivers, amazing work!

Wasn't opening that thread before and I'm feeling bad now, after I saw you were racing at Green Hell...

Maybe I'll do some time in Watkins Glen - but still disappointed bcs game doesn't have classic Time Trial!

TT is as same classical as QR, is that becoming exclusives too?

TT is as same classical as QR, is that becoming exclusives too?

I'm not sure what you mean by this. I'm assuming English isn't your first language so I apologise for asking you to explain it further.

Otherwise welcome aboard. Add me on Xbox if you're taking part - IamVALHALLA - so I can keep the leaderboards updated :)

Thanks!

I meant to say that Time Trial is something so usual in racing games that we can call it classic part of them.
Same as Quick Race.

Then I used some sarcasm when saying "are they becoming exclusives too" - should we pay to get Time Trial in racing game or is it playable on some other system only... :)

To be short: I'm only disappointed that I can't go to TT and lapping how I want...

Casually waiting around for @RPM Bibblefish to upload a tune for this one :D

EDIT: this looks like one of those tracks where I will be miles off the pace (like Laguna Seca)...

Last edited:
I feel the same way, and my annoyance is one of the reasons I started this thread. I miss the old E to X class Rivals Mode.
I miss the rivals mode also but would rather have it based on the divisions rather than e-x class. To many cars that just can't compete in the old system. Is nice to be able to have a chance at a top time in an old open wheel car where as before you would have cars like the S7 in the same class doing 50mph faster than the open wheel car is capable of. Same applies to lots and lots of different cars. If they were to add the old style rivals using e-x as before it would reduce what competition there is now on the division boards but if they set the divisions up as rivals would be a good thing.

@HBR-Roadhog - Good point and I absolutely agree, 100% mate. In E to X class rivals there was really only a handful of cars worth using for each class (and sometimes a car can be increased in class and dominate several, the Porsche 550 comes to mind).
Just wish there was a rivals mode in-game like the older versions, but with divisions rather than classes.

...really don't understand why Turn10 removed them :grumpy:

I miss the rivals mode also but would rather have it based on the divisions rather than e-x class. To many cars that just can't compete in the old system. Is nice to be able to have a chance at a top time in an old open wheel car where as before you would have cars like the S7 in the same class doing 50mph faster than the open wheel car is capable of. Same applies to lots and lots of different cars. If they were to add the old style rivals using e-x as before it would reduce what competition there is now on the division boards but if they set the divisions up as rivals would be a good thing.
I wouldn't mind it, but they'd need to figure out a way to make it nice and simple, and especially streamlined. If you multiply the divisions by the amount of ribbons you get a ridiculous number.

I wouldn't mind it, but they'd need to figure out a way to make it nice and simple, and especially streamlined. If you multiply the divisions by the amount of ribbons you get a ridiculous number.

Why is it so difficult to find out these numbers? Best I can do is "over 200 ribbons" and then each site that lists divisions is blocked; my security rates each page as dangerous and won't let me open it :banghead:

I'm not at my Xbox now so can't manually count. I'm curious what the actual number is.

EDIT: 63 divisions, 200* ribbons = 12,600 different Leaderboards :lol:

*approx/over

I tested some cars, every got 8 laps.

Started with Nissan vs pro ghosts but that is too epileptic (and I have epilepsy), so I set drivatars to 0.

12-01-2018_19-46-40.png

12-01-2018_19-45-32.png

12-01-2018_19-46-13.png

12-01-2018_19-45-49.png

12-01-2018_19-45-00.png

12-01-2018_14-03-33 (1).png

Why is it so difficult to find out these numbers? Best I can do is "over 200 ribbons" and then each site that lists divisions is blocked; my security rates each page as dangerous and won't let me open it :banghead:

I'm not at my Xbox now so can't manually count. I'm curious what the actual number is.

EDIT: 63 divisions, 200* ribbons = 12,600 different Leaderboards :lol:

*approx/over
@PJTierney Did the math before, and I think it was upwards of around 1000+ different leaderboards? Mind filling in the blank there PJ?

@PJTierney Did the math before, and I think it was upwards of around 1000+ different leaderboards? Mind filling in the blank there PJ?
This is off the top of my head but it’s close:

• 200 track ribbons.
  • 65 Divisions.
That’s about 13,000 including night and rain. There are around 120 circuit ribbons in the game (you need them all for the World Traveller Achievement) and a handful of Drag strips which also have 65+ Leaderboards per variant.

@ManteoMax would have more accurate numbers but what I can definitely say is that there are far too many Leaderboards for a single player to tackle them all with a reasonable amount of effort. That means that rather than trying to be the “best” overall a player should find their niche and go for it.

@RikkiGT-R Go to ManteoMax.com and use his spreadsheet, that should have everything you need.

This is off the top of my head but it’s close:

• 200 track ribbons.
  • 65 Divisions.
That’s about 13,000 including night and rain. There are around 120 circuit ribbons in the game (you need them all for the World Traveller Achievement) and a handful of Drag strips which also have 65+ Leaderboards per variant.

@ManteoMax would have more accurate numbers but what I can definitely say is that there are far too many Leaderboards for a single player to tackle them all with a reasonable amount of effort. That means that rather than trying to be the “best” overall a player should find their niche and go for it.

@RikkiGT-R Go to ManteoMax.com and use his spreadsheet, that should have everything you need.
Thanks for that. I was extremely off, and I thought I was being generous :lol:

That means that rather than trying to be the “best” overall a player should find their niche and go for it
With 13.000 Combo's and lets give FM7 the 2years lifespan. that means 730days. you need to hotlap/tune cars for about 18 tracks a day EVERY day....I barely feel i can keep up with doing one track pr week :D :D

Thanks for that. I was extremely off, and I thought I was being generous :lol:
Your numbers are closer to Forza Motorsport 6’s total.
  • 110 Ribbons
  • 9 Classes
990 Leaderboards (excluding Drag and Drift).

Homologation is what has caused the inflation, as every Division has its own leaderboard now. There are actually more Leaderboards in this Motorsport title than in the previous 6 games combined.

....rather than trying to be the “best” overall a player should find their niche and go for it.

Well the Zonda Cinque is by far my favourite car in the game so I'm gonna go with Hypercars and go through all the ribbons, whilst having the weekly change that this thread gives us.
You should join in PJ - I've seen your times and they ain't too shabby :sly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back