Welcome fellow Div 3ers :)

• Thread starter Kolyana
  • 533 comments
Well, not to be snubbing the other two divisions or anything, I wanted to give a special nod of acknowledgement to my fellow Division 3 racers.

My name is "Natalya", but I've used "Kolyana" so much on line that actually respond to it in real-life. Yeah, it's a bit sad.

I've been racing - although at my speed that's probably stretching the meaning of the word a little - for about a year; ever since I bought PGR2 for the XBox.

Since that time I've been looking for a title that encapsulates a solid feel with other important gaming aspects, and I've ended up with quiet a library of titles: Need for Speed, ProRace Driver, Nascar 2005, IndyCar 2005, Burnout 3 (hardly counts, does it?), TOCA2, SRS and a whole lot more besides.

All of them are on the XBox and it was only after a few friends hyped GT4 to me for about 1 month solid that I eventually caved and bought a slimline PS2 and GT4 ... two hundred bucks on a driving game!

Well, needless to say, I'm hooked and have spent an additional 200 on a DFP and a subscription to GTPlanet (and why aren't YOU a premium member, hmmmmmm?).

I'm not a stunning driver by any stretch and playing alongside you guys is somewhat of a humbling experience. It's awesome to see so many Div 3 drivers, so I truly hope that the majority of you will stick it out and we can have some friendly rivalries going ... it seems like I'm developing one with Teledriel already, :P

So, I'll see you on the track ... race well and have fun!

Hi Natalya,

Glad to meet you!
I am a long time racing gamer too, but mainly on the pc. I have a rather extensive collection of driving games including all of the need-for-speed's, TOCA's and F1 games (all for the pc) The latest i am trying out is FIA GTR racing, and it's about as close as you can get to gt3/4 on the pc.
However pinching time on the foster-kid's playstation to play the gt games became a habit, and now i'm hooked! Got the lot, completed the lot, gt3 is now 3rd time thro. 87% complete with 100% win ratio and no cars sold! (I got bored waiting for gt4 to come out, and gtp was completed in a weekend, so had to do something didn't i?)
Have just bought the df wheel myself (i couldn't justify the pro), and hooked the ps2 up to the pc to save space in the bedroom.
I think it's brill that you and the other ladies i have noticed on the board are so competetive, and so quick! (You may not think so, but you def ain't the slowest out there, ANY of you!)
It's also great that you are all so active on the site, the more the merrier I say!
Anyway, have submitted my time for this week and am disappointed to see my time sliding down to 5th on Luxy's leaderboard, so gonna put some more time into getting used to the wheel.

See you the board, and look forward to racing with ya!
👍

Hello my fellow Div 3 members! 👍

As noted by 'ballstothewalls', you're definitely not the slowest driver in this Division Kolyana...as I do beleive you're currently in 22nd (Out of 68 I beleive) in the WRS, while ballstothewalls over there is sitting in 6th place...As for me, I'm in lonely 36th at the moment! :-(

This is my first attempt at OLR and I must say it's rather fun!

I'm sure as this series continues we'll all improve greatly and eventually get up to Div 2! :D...or for those who have dreams of asipiration...Div 1... :)

See you both out on the race track!

Peace-

SimRaceDriver:

I've been into the GT series since the first came out, but I never got serious about it up until the waning days of GT3. Glad to be aboard though, we will rule ;)

helloooooo~

im totally new to the WRS and want to compete in div.3

i've been watching my friend hOt6o4bOi play and gt4 must b contagious because now im hooked like crack! lol

hOpe to compete with you guys all season :D

@balls and Sim ... Thanks for the kudos; I hadn't realized that we had over 70 drivers in Div 3 alone ... that's a crazy amount!

We're going to be an active, competitive division, that's for sure.

/wave all

My name is Chris, (I know that will make a second one that I know of), and currently in Yokosuka, Japan on my last tour of duty for the US Navy (E-7 for those that know the ranks) before I retire next year from 20 years of service. I live in Cocoa, Florida when in the US though.

I have played GT line of games since GT2 days, and took an extrended break from it when had some personal things happen in 2002. So lost out on the information that GT4 was still under development, and then was getting relased, until one day was browsing other information for my other addiction, Everquest, I saw the GT4 release was coming soon. So had my g/f send me my copy of GT3, and I started aracde mode to just get the feel for driving again, even though I knew that it would most likly change with GT4., but something was better than nothing.

This though is my first attempt at a OLR, and find that it is just as exciting as doing the GT Mode, if not more, cause of the commoderie and friendships that are gained. As is the rival's that any racing group can form. /waves at Nat :sly:

Still on ropes on weather to get the DFP for my birthday present this year, (which is tomorrow in Japan, April 20th) but also just bought new memory for my Laptop to max it at 2 Gig. So maybe little later on, but my g/f keeps telling me that I should of all ready got the DFP and she doesn't know why I havn't. :indiff: Am keeping my times listed next to PS2 though so when I do, I can go back and see if it would help. I do have issues with running manual on the DS2, and know that I lose some time by running automatic. Been trying to learn a little by running with it, but seems my old age and coordination are just little slow to shift on the DS2 also. (Hopeing that if I go DFP, that will be easier also) But I know it will just take time.

Will try to run a few sets later this afternoon, before the deadline tonight to see if I can get a little more out of it. And by no means are you slow Nat. 👍 I do thank-you though that you do consider my times as a benchmark at times, even though for most, my times could be the benchmark of the bottom :P

EDIT ~ D3 has 71 drivers in it now for those that havn't notcied. I knew when I entered there were 30'ish in the Week #1 Results.

kolyana,
tis a pleasure!

'sim',
cheers mate, thought it was fifth, but then checked wk2 thread and someone else just posted a slightly faster time.........bugger! :ill:

but hey, it all fun init!

gotta have something to distract from the humdrum,everyday drivell that grinds away at your soul till there's nowt left but an empty husk wearing nothing but a balaklava, surrounded by cats and newspapers. Muttering something about the meaning of life being 42, and that it's impossible for Dr Who to come back cos he's already had 7 incarnations!!!!!!! :crazy:

hmmm, sorry drifted a bit then! lol
:confused: :odd:

BTW it's Neil to fellow d3 pals!
👍

Nice to meet you Ray!

This is this best thing i have got involved in for years, great atmosphere, fantastic challenge, and getting to talk to like minded people from all over the world!

Also it has to be said, the feeling when you can post times better than SOME of the d1 and 2 guys, unbelievable!

let's show em how it's done!
👍

Hi Natalya , great thread, a few intoductions is just what we need around here, especially for those of us new to WRS. 👍

Let me be the first to say that I am addicted to racing sims/games and have been for longer than i care to admitt too. :lol: I can still remember the first time i drove on computer, it was on a very old Apple system (though at the time it was the latest and greatest), it consisted of a line of parallel dots and a rectangle, all on a lovely orange monochrome monitor, at the time it was the sexiest most jaw dropping thing i had ever seen. ( yes its pretty sad LOL ) I literally spent days keeping that rectangle inside those dots, :lol: gradually going faster and faster. :) Then came the C64 wow colour and sound, games like pitstop and pitstop2 racing against friends all weekend just too cool. I even had a girlfriend at the time that dropped me because i was paying more attention to my then Amiga500 and Geoff Crammonds first Grand Prix Sim than her. (poor girl didn't stand a chance).
Then came my first PC and those early Papyrus sims ( Indycar Racing, Nascar1,2,3,4) and then Grand Prix Legends, which is still on my computer and plays wonderfully.

Weaving in between all of this is the GT series from the orig up till today. I have been a big fan of the series, a quality product definatly. Which finally brings me here to meet a few others who have the bug(sim racing :crazy: ), as I do.

I happened to stumble across this GTP site (good thing too) and hence the WRS. I was right in thinking that this would be a bit of fun to get involved in. Whatsmore the people here are friendly and helpfull. Well done all 👍

So thanks again Nat , for starting this thread, and to ballstothewalls,SimRaceDriver,Thirdeye,teej6o4,Teledriel and all Div3 racers, good to meet you and look forward to racing against you and getting to know you all a bit better. :cheers:

Steve

ballstothewall
Also it has to be said, the feeling when you can post times better than SOME of the d1 and 2 guys, unbelievable! 👍

I don't know about you, but unless it's a cold day in Hell, there's no way I'm ever going to post a time better then a Div 1 racer! :)

But hey! I can dream right? LOL!

I wil say that I'll do better in the WRS when we get to use 'race-cars' and not production cars, as was the case with the current WRS evet in where the car was the Toyota Woodone Supra....Then again, that's probably because I only got involved with the GT series when GT3 came out and race-cars (Vette C5R, Viper Team Oreca & 787B) were the only cars I drove!

Damn...70 drivers in Div 3? OMFG that's a lot of drivers! ;-)
I wonder how Kent, then CFM came up with the formula to place what drivers in what division.
(I mean, where would you draw the line at for determining the end of one division and the start of the next?...Things that make you go MMMM?)

Can't wait for the next scheduled event in the WRS to see how well/poorly I do! :-)

Well, guess I should stop babbling for now & get back to racing!

PS: anyone else here besides me taking part in the Nurburgring Hot Lap competition by chance?

I'm currently (At last look) 6th in Arcade Mode & 22nd & 25th in GT mode.

Teledriel
Still on ropes on weather to get the DFP for my birthday present this year... ...but my g/f keeps telling me that I should of all ready got the DFP and she doesn't know why I havn't. :indiff:

You have the OK from the G/F and still no DFP? Are you feeling OK?:lol: You need to pick one up and then marry that girl.:P I know some of you guys are dying for a DFP and the wife/girlfriend is putting the veto on it. Sucks to be them.:D

LOL Todd, priorites first. Since I do own the home in Florida that she is living in while I am over here, making my payments and paying the bills there is my first priority.

Yes it nice to know that I can, but I also make sure the nessitities are covered first and taxes sucked this year also.

Hellow my fellow WRS'ers. To be honest my drop from division 2 to division 3, with the switch to GT4 was a bit of a dissapointment. Especialy with a few division 2 wins under my belt. Ok maybe only one I really earned with my driving. (we were all running stock RX-7's) But back to the point, I skiped out of the first week to seeth it off with a few championships and now my PS2 is a GT4 D.R.E. machine, so i don't know when I'll be able to compete again. At any rate, I look forward to the day I get to run with you guys and gals.

l'm Kenny and I'm 18 years old, living in Chicago and just finishing my senior year of high school. I must say since GT4 came out I haven't been doing much homework at home ;)

I know I'm div 2, I hope I'm still allowed :scared:

Anyways I consider myself a GT veteran since I bought a playstation to play GT2 back when it was fairly new.

I agree, it is great to beat div 1 people :)
I still my butt handed down to me though by plenty of you.

I'm looking forward to some good competition :)

Steve57
I even had a girlfriend at the time that dropped me because i was paying more attention to my then Amiga500 and Geoff Crammonds first Grand Prix Sim than her. (poor girl didn't stand a chance).

I think I had that game ... it was the first time I ever had the patience to spend hours upon hours perfecting a car setup (somewhat simpler back then!), then running a full qualifying session, and then a full race ... I could play alllllll day and not even think twice about it.

of course, I had no boyfriend to dump me ... I was too busy playing :P

Ah, the joy and freedom of youth.

kennythebomb
I know I'm div 2, I hope I'm still allowed :scared:

I'd throw rotten fruit at you or something, but then I'd be throwing it up hill from the lowly depths of our little Div 3 division. :P

Good to have you on board ... maybe one day some of my fellow racers here will be racing alongside you :P

Kolyana
I'd throw rotten fruit at you or something, but then I'd be throwing it up hill from the lowly depths of our little Div 3 division. :P

Good to have you on board ... maybe one day some of my fellow racers here will be racing alongside you :P

Actually the top div 3 guy is nipping right at my heels, villeneuve :)

Hi Natalya. Hmm I like the sound of that even better than Kolyana.

I know I'm not in D3 either, but I thought I'd drop in and say that this is a really cool thread you have here. Real community feeling here. Great job.

I see you've submitted your Mini Race #3 final time. Good luck. As for the rest of you...join the Mini Cup or die. hehe JK. It is fun though.

Hey Mojo ... yeah, I was looking at a few of the names in my division and I suddenly realized that I was racing against them ... without them having any idea. So I figured I'd introduce them to the vague shadow that plagues their rearview mirror :P

Glad to meet some of my fellow division 3 drivers. I expected some strong competition, but 71 drivers?!? I have submitted my times for the current week and look forward to just breaking into the top 70.

I have a lot in common with several of you. I was just pleased to see someone else who actually used an Amiga 500 ( I still have mine in the attic). I got hooked with the original GT and loved GT2. I couldn't rationalize purchasing a PS2 for GT3, but when I saw GT4... I had to have it. Unfortunately, I just got it a short while ago, and I am still VERY rusty. Hopefully I'll be able to make some improvements during week 3.

Here's to a great season of racing :cheers:. Best of luck to all

- Garrick

great thread natalya, its sure to always be a thriving thread with lots of conversation for us division 3 drivers.

Hi everyone,

I'm also in Div. 3 , and enjoying this WRS alot. I did a few races in the GT3 WRS as well, but I'm glad I'm here from the start this season, to at least give myself a chance of maybe one day (when I'm grown up) to move into Div. 2 or somethin' , but with you guys/girls around it does not look promising haha :)

I wish my girlfriend could play GT4 as good as you Natalya ! Impressive ! 👍

I'm also eagerly awaiting the results today !

Heya all !

I didn't do very well in the first race this "season", but I'll try my hardest to do better in the future.

Cya all on the track.

Cheers ! :)

sup everyone nab2420 new div3'er but ben play GT sence the 2'ed one came out! I have n't seen how good I did because week 2 was my first week. not to be mean but hope I WIN!!

Lovely thread of yours, Nat. 👍 👍
I'm currently div2, but due to the poor laps I'm running, it probably won't last long :D
So I'm already making friends with my future fellow racers :lol: :lol: :lol:

What a change compared to GT3 WRS ! We used to have an average of 18 submissions a week, out of which only 2 or 3 div3 racers.
Firestarter75 even raced several weeks alone in div 3 !

indeed, what a difference.

Its soo good to see so many fellow gt4 guys racing.

Dont let being in Div3 stop you, A few guys have come all the way from Div3 to Div1. If you want to make it you will. I for one came from low Div2

If you put your heart into it, wont be long until your winning div3, then winning div2 then knocking on a Div1 podium 👍.

Back