Welcome to GTP16: Dark Mode, Emojis, Reactions, Bookmarks, and So Much More...

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 356 comments
I need to make an appointment with my psychiatrist ASAP because I'm really seeing things that aren't probably there. 😫❓❓

dots.jpg

Big
Small
Big
Small
big
big
small
big
small
big
big
small
big
small
big
big
small
big
small
big
big
small
big
small
big
big
small
big
small
big

Not the full stops because I added them myself to be able to make a list.

Never mind, moving on.

I need to make an appointment with my psychiatrist ASAP because I'm really seeing things that aren't probably there. 😫❓❓

View attachment 1064232

Big
Small
Big
Small
big
big
small
big
small
big
big
small
big
small
big
big
small
big
small
big
big
small
big
small
big
big
small
big
small
big

Never mind, moving on.
It doesn't bother me at all, but for what's it's worth, I see it too. And regardless of code and such, I have no idea what that stuff means. 😜

dots.jpg
It doesn't bother me at all, but for what's it's worth, I see it too.
What browser are you guys using? I can see it in your screenshot, but I cannot replicate it. All of the dots appear as the same size for me in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

It's definitely some kind of browser rendering bug and it's not something I will be able to fix, but it's interesting. Might be worth reporting to the browser developers.

What browser are you guys using? I can see it in your screenshot, but I cannot replicate it. All of the dots appear as the same size for me in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.

It's definitely some kind of browser rendering bug and it's not something I will be able to fix, but it's interesting. Might be worth reporting to the browser developers.
Mobile version and latest update of Chrome.

I recall a longgg time ago not having browser zoom set to 100% could cause totally random issues with text and page formatting. Maybe check that, @kikie.

My text scaling is currently at 110%, going to check that now.

EDIT: That has fixed it for me, putting it at 100%. Which is funny because I don't know why it was at 110, and I can't tell the difference with it at 100.

Last edited:

Firefox. It is not an issue and I don't care about the big and small dots but I find it funny and that is why I mentioned it.

My settings are and always have been 100% scale and layout of text, apps and other stuff.

Last edited:
It's not a browser thing. I'm using Edge right now the small-big dots are still there.

View attachment 1064232

Never mind, moving on.

It looks like an optical illusion

Each Bullet Point is 6px wide.
I added 6 pixels on the top/bottom of the bullet point to show both have same width.
Is your monitor tilted, seems like that duel line illusion
Untitledzoomed.png

Untitled.png

Zoomed in even more and added lines between ends.
Untitledzoomed2.png

As Galileo said.
Measure what is Measurable, and make Measurable what is not.

Last edited:
It looks like an optical illusion

Each Bullet Point is 6px wide.
I added 6 pixels on the top/bottom of the bullet point to show both have same width.
Is your monitor tilted, seems like that duel line illusion
View attachment 1064424
View attachment 1064420

Zoomed in even more and added lines between ends.
View attachment 1064427

As Galileo said.
No, my monitor is not tilted.

As Galileo said.
Interestingly, you've shown there that they're all 6px wide, but there is a mixture of 5px and 6px tall dots...

Interestingly, you've shown there that they're all 6px wide, but there is a mixture of 5px and 6px tall dots...

Derp, didn't look at vertical

--------------------------------

Edit:
4Untitled.png

I think I may have found the thing that is causing it.

Using Firefox's Element Inspector, when I deselected the "Font:" element all bullet points went to 7x7px in size, with the font element selected some were 7x6 with most being 6x6.
But then again it could be the way the browser,the OS(Clear Text or MacOS and Linux equivalents) or even the GPU applies anti-aliasing.

But Jordan would have to confirm my hypothesis

Code:
html {
    font: 14px/1.4 sans-serif;
        font-weight: normal;
        font-family: sans-serif;
    font-family: -apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,helvetica neue,Helvetica,Roboto,Oxygen,Ubuntu,Cantarell,fira sans,droid sans,sans-serif;
    font-weight: 400;
    color: #141414;
    word-wrap: break-word;
}

Last edited:
Ah, OK, I checked this on my Windows machine and was able to see the effect in Firefox. After some tinkering this looks like a rendering bug that affects unordered lists with any line-height that is not an even 50 or 100 percent change from the default. It's Windows-specific, but I was not able to replicate it in Chrome.

Anyway, it's easy enough to work around the bug by applying a different line-height which I will apply in the next update.

Today's updates:
  • Line-height changes applied to fix Windows list display bug
  • Forum home page sections can now be collapsed, so you can hide the "followed threads", "latest posts", or entire forum categories if you don't want to see them:
screen-shot-2021-07-02-at-8-28-11-pm-png.1064640

I will be going on a short vacation and will only address major problems that crop up over the next week. Keep an eye out for some new stuff after that, though.

Last edited:
Looks awesome Jordan!

Question, does the new software still have a character limit on usernames?!

;)

So on computer, you click the alerts button twice and it takes you the alerts page. (Which I like) Tapping the alerts button twice on mobile however just minimizes it.

Is it possible maybe to change this so tapping it twice takes you to the alerts page instead? It’d be easier than having to select “Show all” because sometimes I think I tap the wrong thing just trying to select it.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with Edge now it's Chromium powered.
Unless youre using the built in one which is still EdgeHTML.

It is using chrome under the hood, but MS still does changes to it.

Plus chrome is not that much better when it comes to privacy.

Unless youre using the built in one which is still EdgeHTML.

It is using chrome under the hood, but MS still does changes to it.

Plus chrome is not that much better when it comes to privacy.
I believe the OG Edge was removed a while ago, the Chromium one is now the default.

What do people think? My opinion is that articles are a bit more confusing than before. But, i really like that articles have separate comment felt for every new article.

@Jordan it seems there may be an issue with the URL preview. I posted a bare link and the preview showed up as loading for about a minute until I refreshed the page and the page reloaded with the bare link in my post.

How frequent is--or what triggers--automatic draft saving?
I don't know how frequently it saves now, but it used to save pretty quick. So quick that if I deleted a draft, and stayed on the page for too long it would automatically save it again before I left that page. So now I have the habit of deleting everything from the reply box and then saving a blank draft. :lol:

So I made heavy use of the "censor" smiley since it seems like the best way to keep from hitting the swear filter or inadvertently going around it. Is there something similar in the new set? I've looked but there's a really good chance I could be missing it.

Also, I assume the "middle finger" emote is kosher with the AUP since it's in the list? I mean I assume there's a line between using it in general and using it towards someone, but I'm just not sure.

So I made heavy use of the "censor" smiley since it seems like the best way to keep from hitting the swear filter or inadvertently going around it. Is there something similar in the new set? I've looked but there's a really good chance I could be missing it.

Also, I assume the "middle finger" emote is kosher with the AUP since it's in the list? I mean I assume there's a line between using it in general and using it towards someone, but I'm just not sure.
I like this one.
censored.gif

Five rows down, four from the right:

🤬

I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I'm liking the new site. Once you get used to the changes it's very clean and a nice layout, just looks right. If it was a car it would be an e38 740i. :cheers:

Edit: Or a Jaguar XJ40 😉

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back