Welcome to GTP16: Dark Mode, Emojis, Reactions, Bookmarks, and So Much More...

• Thread starter Jordan
  • 356 comments
@Jordan Is this the new dark mode look? :eek:
No...

1628362596540.png

Well, it was like yours Famine up until like 2 hours ago.

Now its white background. Can't seem to fix it.

Deleted cookies and it's on the latest version of Chrome.

Edit: It seems to be the same for Firefox too.

Last edited:
No @Phoenix , I zoomed out so you can see all the content
s.png

Do you have any plugins that modifiy CSS such as Dark mode plugins

Last edited:
Well, it was like yours Famine up until like 2 hours ago.

Now its white background. Can't seem to fix it.

Deleted cookies and it's on the latest version of Chrome.

Edit: It seems to be the same for Firefox too.
No, it's definitely not supposed to look like that. I cannot recreate the issue in either Chrome or Firefox. There have not been any changes to the site code in about a week now, so I can't explain why it would suddenly happen for you.

I suspect it is caused by a browser plugin. Try disabling plugins one-by-one to see if you can track down the source of the problem.

Last edited:
No, it's definitely not supposed to look like that. I cannot recreate the issue in either Chrome or Firefox. There have not been any changes to the site code in about a week now, so I can't explain why it would suddenly happen for you.

I suspect it is caused by a browser plugin. Try disabling plugins one-by-one to see if you can track down the source of the problem.
It's super weird I think. The 'News' section is dark like it should be, as with 'Guides' and 'Store'.

It's only the 'Forums' section thats acting up. :crazy:

Edit: Tried disabling browser plugins one by one, and all at the same time, still the same result. I also tried clearing browser history and cookies at the same time. No change.

Last edited:
Edit: Tried disabling browser plugins one by one, and all at the same time, still the same result. I also tried clearing browser history and cookies at the same time. No change.

Its like the CSS is not being correctly read
I would assume it is the "body" section or what is controlling the background color.
I cant find the "Body" in the CSS so the background color is controlled by something else.

If you do have a CSS modifying plugin such as Stylish add the following to it for GTPlanet
This is for Firefox, Chrome would be similar.

Code:
@-moz-document domain("gtplanet.net")
{
  .p-body-pageContent
    {
      background: #040404;
    }
}

Just click on stylish icon, click Import
Paste the code, then save it.

Last edited:
Its like the CSS is not being correctly read
I would assume it is the "body" section or what is controlling the background color.
I cant find the "Body" in the CSS so the background color is controlled by something else.

If you do have a CSS modifying plugin such as Stylish add the following to it for GTPlanet
This is for Firefox, Chrome would be similar.

Code:
@-moz-document domain("gtplanet.net")
{
  .p-body-pageContent
    {
      background: #040404;
    }
}

Just click on stylish icon, click Import
Paste the code, then save it.
Don't have any such plugins, as far as I know.

Don't have any such plugins, as far as I know.
Have you done any UserContent.css files?
Nomrally found in the chrome profile folder located in %userprofile%\Appdata\Roaming.

Otherwise
Download the "Stylish" plug in and use that bit of code until you can find out what is causing the issue at hand.

Have you done any UserContent.css files?
Nomrally found in the chrome profile folder located in %userprofile%\Appdata\Roaming.

Otherwise
Download the "Stylish" plug in and use that bit of code until you can find out what is causing the issue at hand.
Not sure, but I dont think I have.

Tried the stylish plugin, but no change.

Not sure, but I dont think I have.

Tried the stylish plugin, but no change.
Try setting the site to light mode then go back to dark.

Not in front of my pc atm so can't export that one rule.
But that does control the background color as I even made it indigo.

Try setting the site to light mode then go back to dark.

Not in front of my pc atm so can't export that one rule.
But that does control the background color as I even made it indigo.
Oh ive tried :lol:

Going to light mode, auto, dark mode...

Dark and Auto is the same for me, Light mode works like it should.

In the stylish replace the #040404; with #040404 !important;
Adding that should force the new style to be used.

It's super weird I think. The 'News' section is dark like it should be, as with 'Guides' and 'Store'.

It's only the 'Forums' section thats acting up. :crazy:

Hmm. Very strange.

I just tweaked something, let me know if that made any difference for you.

Just a suggestion - is it possible to make the search's date sort the default instead of relevance sort again? This was one of the gripes I had when Threadloom was installed in the previous iteration of the forum.

Is it just me or is there a reason that the buttons in the reply box such as bold, italic, size, media, smilies etc. don't work? I have to type out the BB codes myself.

Last edited:
I noticed embedded twitter posts are cut in half now and there's no way to expand it (clicking it just takes you to twitter directly). Bug?

Thank you very much.

The reply box does go black when you're in BB code mode, the [ ] also becomes whiter or should I say the transparency goes from 0.7 to 1.0
Perhaps Jordan could make it use a blue like #00AAFF so it stands out easier, at least in dark mode.

If you want to add your own color to it when BB code entry is enabled, add the following to the userContent.css file

Code:
@-moz-document domin("www.gtplanet.net")
.dark .fr-toolbar .fr-command.fr-btn.fr-active:not(.fr-disabled)
{
    color: #00AAFF;
}

This is for Firefox, Not sure if Chrome supports @-document domin

2.PNG

Last edited:
I noticed embedded twitter posts are cut in half now and there's no way to expand it (clicking it just takes you to twitter directly). Bug?
Do you have a link to the post/tweet in question? OS/browser?

All of the embedded Twitter posts that I can find look normal to me.

A few updates:
  • “More Options” button returns next to the Quick Reply form’s “Post Reply” button, leads to full-page post composition screen with additional posting options. Also available in Conversations.
  • Dark mode: made it more obvious when “BB Code mode” is enabled in the post editor
  • Dark mode / media gallery: fixed background colors of menu elements when hovering/selecting them
  • Dark mode / media gallery: fixed background color of drop-down menu elements when they are clicked or active
  • Dark mode / media gallery: fixed color of file/media upload buttons
  • Dark mode: changes to how ad units are displayed on mobile
  • Reactions: Changed “Wow” reaction face

I tweaked the dark mode CSS. I'm sure you'll agree, especially @Jordan, its quite spectacular!

1) Gray 1.png

1) Gray 2.png

Edit: Quick question, why can I not get images to post to the forum full size?

Last edited:
Do you have a link to the post/tweet in question? OS/browser?

All of the embedded Twitter posts that I can find look normal to me.
Just an example from the NSX thread in Auto News subforum. All twitter containing posts look like this now and I'm pretty sure it shows the whole tweet a week ago. Win 10/Firefox (updated to latest version), haven't changed any browser settings or added new extensions.

Attachments

• twitter issue.png
    twitter issue.png
    30.3 KB · Views: 12
I tweaked the dark mode CSS. I'm sure you'll agree, especially @Jordan, its quite spectacular!

View attachment 1074552

View attachment 1074553

Edit: Quick question, why can I not get images to post to the forum full size?
DAMMIT! No-one took the bait... "It looks more or less the same, whats so spectacular about that?"

Well, how about if the site user could change the entire colour scheme to their taste? How about if that can be achieved by just changing 3 (yes, three) characters in CSS?

2) Plum 1.png
2) Plum 2.png

3) Teal 1.png
3) Teal 2.png

4) Olive 1.png
4) Olive 2.png

5) Maroon 1.png
5) Maroon 2.png

6) Blue 1.png
6) Blue 2.png

This could easily be integrated into the site with just a small change to the Dark button, a brightness-limited colour picker, and a few lines of Javascript to set/fetch a cookie with the hex value from the colour picker and a single line of Javascript to set a CSS variable on page load...

1629293152759.png

root.style.setProperty('--bgcolor', "#"+[HEX from cookie])

The CSS to do this is ready to go* and even fixes some errors** in the sites CSS. I use it via Stylish and find it nice to be able to change the colour, from a dull old grey, to whatever (muted) colour I fancy. Perhaps others might appreciate it too as site feature instead?

* Needs cleaning up a smidge though :lol:.
** Like overlapping elements with the same alpha transparency but different border-radius values :yuck:.

Last edited:
ePdUxm1h.png

Not even a minor annoyance but more of a curiousity as it solves itself with a quick refresh and is seemingly on my devices exclusive to my Chromebook (running OS 92.0.4515.157), but have noticed that more image-heavy threads tend to default to a single "broken image" when reopening after a system restart.

EDIT: Has on occasion happened on my phone running Chrome 91.0.4472.114, have yet to see how reliably I can replicate it.

Last edited:
Back