Wet Weather Glitch in GT Sport Allows Rain on Any Track

FaithlessEmo
Hey guys and girls!

Don't know where this stands and admins feel free to remove if I got it wrong, but I don't know another way of doing this!

So I was doing some practice in a online lobby and when I loaded in a "sunny" race it was wet!

Spray from the car, lack of grip but no wet track.

Closed the lobby, restarted the game, loaded back to the same settings and its wet again!

Is this a preview of another wet track coming or a glitch?

considering that now the gts engine handles this type of condition it is likely that this glitch spoils that the next track to receive rain treatment will be BM.
Does this glitch only do it with BM?

Works on all tracks (on default time settings) as well :sly:

8296225351555613200_0.jpg
8295662401604290064_0.jpg
8143098564637099544_0.jpg

Or maybe they just need to do something on the server side, like those fixes to prevent cheating during online Time Trials at Goodwood and Willow Springs. No download of update file needed as it only affected an online feature.

Very surprised there is not thread for this.

1) Set up a lobby @ Spa at 11:00 with rain (car rules and everything as you like)

2) Now change ONLY the track to another one, dont change anything else

enjoy rain everywhere

Tracks dont have visible wet surface but some others already have it aswell (Northern Isle for example), looks like PD has already worked on rain on most places.

Last edited:
Very surprised there is not thread for this.

1) Set up a lobby @ Spa at 11:00 with rain (car rules and everything as you like)

2) Now change ONLY the track to another one, dont change anything else

enjoy rain everywhere

Some tracks dont have visible wet surface but some others already have it aswell like La Sarthe (no chicanes), Mount Panorama or Northern Isle, looks like PD has already worked on rain on most places.
Oh
My
God
How is that possible?

Interesting, yesterday I set up a private lobby for tire testing at Monza for the FIA race. When I first entered the lobby I was on "Heavy Wets" and didn't think anything about it. I switched to RMs and entered the track. Leaving the pits on my first shift the car started swapping ends. When I came to a stop it was raining. I double checked my lobby settings and everything was accurate for the FIA race and my lobby was normal after that. Monza at least has wet conditions coming, maybe all tracks sooner then later.

Oh
My
God
How is that possible?
Bug in GT Sport, quite usual to see.... And this one allows for beta rain access everywhere, isn't it fantastic? Enjoy it while it lasts, until PD decides to release a quick fix so it doesn't happen anymore, pretty sure they will...

Bug in GT Sport, quite usual to see.... And this one allows for beta rain access everywhere, isn't it fantastic? Enjoy it while it lasts, until PD decides to release a quick fix so it doesn't happen anymore, pretty sure they will...
So why isn't it released? I thought they didn't work on it.

Any pictures or videos to show us? I would love to see Circuit de la Sarthe.
I have rechecked and I'm not sure La sarthe is done, but Northern isle is completely

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/8143098564637099544_0-jpg.862032/

Okay, this need a much more attention catching title. :lol:

Mods can merge both threads then (but I would put my title on it)

In most cases, it's because PD haven't worked on the reflective rain effects on the track model yet. In the case of Northern Isle, remember that we did originally have rain effects on the rally Infield variants, so that could have been carried over into the new system.

Considering all the other effects carry over and the base track still gets loaded, it does show a rather modular and separated approach to implementing the rain effects; which means there could be a possibility for interchanging race conditions in the future. We never know with PD though so don't hold your breath.

Last edited:
Honestly I found no proper rain/wet surface anywhere except for Northern Isle, thats why, PD obviously wont do a half assed job, they wont release rain in any track without the proper wet surface. They could already unlock Nothern Island wet though, but I suppose they will do more than one track at a time.

Honestly I found no proper rain/wet surface anywhere except for Northern Isle, thats why, PD obviously wont do a half assed job, they wont release rain in any track without the proper wet surface. They could already unlock Nothern Island wet though, but I suppose they will do more than one track at a time.
In most cases, it's because PD haven't worked on the reflective rain effects on the track model yet. In the case of Northern Isle, remember that we did originally have rain effects on the Infield variants, so that could have been carried over into the new system.

Considering all the other effects carry over and the base track still gets loaded, it does show a rather modular and separated approach to implementing the rain effects; which means there could be a possibility for interchanging race conditions in the future. We never know with PD though so don't hold your breath.
Both of you have a good point. Interchanging race conditions take too much effort, I think they will be introduced with Gran Turismo 7.

Yeah, some tracks MAY seem like the surface is wet because its either cloudy or a late hour in the day like in this la sarthe video (optical illusion and not very well lit), but proper wet surface that is completely done, only Northern Island.
Other tracks like Catalunya, Suzuka or Norschleife are completely sunny and raining, its so weird. :D

Edit: Ok, Mod I think you should change the title for a better one. "Weather on all tracks glitch" or something like that.

Last edited:
Another thing is, for the first time ever in GT we got rain at dirt tracks. :D (physics don't change though, normal dirt track ones)

I just did a couple of laps at Circuit de la Sarthe (No Chicane) and it is great to see all the spray at the historic track.

However, the physics model cannot be deemed correct, which is understandable given the glitched access, as my TS050 Hybrid has virtually zero grip at 60kmh while on IM and W tyres.

Looks like Tokyo Expressway south (both layouts) is on a advanced stage of development, the ground have a really good wet texture, it's dry below the bridges (the roads that go above you, i don't know if that's how it's called) but it has some texture bugs in some places, the asphalt on the tunnel is a bit too dark, the wet texture stops on some places without a transition and rain goes though the roof in the tunnels, but it does looks really good, i guess the Tokyo South layouts will be the next ones that we'll get on wet conditions

It looks like its just the spray and rain affects being applied. The reason PD said it took time releasing wet tracks was due to how they render the lighting. From what I see, the lighting is not being rendered on those glitched wet tracks, so its probably just an effect glitch.

Back