Wet Weather Glitch in GT Sport Allows Rain on Any Track

Is it actual rain as in beads of water on the windshield, wipers etc?
The screenshots just look like fog behind cars.
Yes, it's raining on all tracks despite the sunny weather. Also rain drops on windshield, water spray behind cars, wipers working, tracks with less grip. Basically only the appropriate lighting and rain clouds are missing, and the tracks still look dry (except for Tokyo South and Northern Isle).

I suggest checking out suzuka because there was rain on honda vgt trailer so maybe its in the game
Suzuka is in the same state as all other tracks, only Tokyo South and Northern Isle look a bit more ready.

Last edited:
Pretty much. Technically its the first track with Wet Conditions, just that it was only accessible in one mode and one layout still unavailable to use outside of it.

Really? So its not just Spa that this works with?
Yep. The bug goes live with all the official rain tracks.

IIRC GT6 had a glitch like this with Night and Rain on every track.

I would be much more excited by a night glitch on every track, which seems like the only way we'd get proper night racing on Spa and La Sarthe that those 24h endurance circuits deserve.

Basically whats in store for the future.

But man we really need Spa, Monza and Lemans in night time!!

Do you guys remember what i said about the Tokyo Expressway South layouts and the video i posted? well, i think i found something cool in the Gran Turismo website, i was looking at the track list and noticed that Tokyo Expressway south had the "Rain Conditions" text on it, if you check the other tracks, only the ones with rain have this text, i guess the rain will come to this track sooner than we think
https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/products/gtsport/tracklist/
1572927560231.png
1572927854270.png

Attachments

• 1572927560231.png
    1572927560231.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 1572927852848.png
    1572927852848.png
    44.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 1572927854270.png
    1572927854270.png
    36.1 KB · Views: 19
Actually it works not only doing it with Spa at 11:00, but also using any official track with rain, in any of the rain hours.

If it's there in a bug, I wonder how hard to implement the rain whether conditions in all track!
The thing that probably takes more work is to implement wet surfaces everywhere

GT5 had the same glitch for user-created online lobbies. I remember as host doing it on Daytona Road & having a nice Shuffle race in the wet, it was a lot of fun.

I suggest checking out suzuka because there was rain on honda vgt trailer so maybe its in the game

Thing is that was a trailer, which always uses higher quality assets so it's not automatically an indicator that it's in-game presently (Remember Seattle from the NSX trailer years ago?) As mentioned earlier (and as I can attest to having done the glitch), it's literally in the same state as all the other tracks in game without official wet conditions.

There is scheduled maintenance for tomorrow and possibly patch for this so this may be the last day we can enjoy rain everywhere. Hurry up

Well I know I'll be the small minority but I never tried the glitch for the sole purpose that I didn't want to!

Was more than happy to wait for the official wet weather track version to be added to the game so part of me is happy it was addressed
quickly though one of my friends feels otherwise but please PD accelerate the introduction of wet weather on tracks you want to have it
so we can have more race weather choices!

While I can understand the disappointment, I'm both not surprised and not all that bothered. I got to know that they have rain working for all the circuits and we basically got a slightly unpolished preview of the Tokyo Expressway South Loops in the wet (which effectively takes away any surprise for the next track to get the full wet treatment, hence the removal I suppose), but I'm looking forward to being able to do this without having to go online to experience it.

I'm just more intrigued after that experience because it tells me the rain is way further along then I expected and its now just a matter of properly texturing the tracks and polishing them for release (because leaky tunnels don't look right).

Back