What a fantastic experience to be back to - DR=C and SR=S !

• Thread starter GA 52
  • 7 comments
Norway
Philippines
I was in the upper level of DR B - and experienced the worse - (No Racing behaviour - No respect for other drivers in front or beside you - etc etc....- we all talked about this several times) - I lowered myself purposely to check out and get away from the B level. What a difference! Holy "cow".. - Last 5 races I had one or two guy's all the way up my "arse" getting into corners but no pushing or misbehaviour! Even 5 guy's going side by side down the straightaway before the finish line (I was no. 5) - not one single misbehaviour in front! I have lived in Paradise last two days!! :) . Cheers to ALL the well behaved people out there. Keep on the Clean racing!

It's really weird; I also did something similar... purposely pushed my DR and SR down from B/B to D/E respectively. (7000DR points and 1SR point) had some good races yesterday playing Suzuka and got back up to B/A rating within a day.

The threshold for progressing through the 'B' DR rating is quite high, where people maybe find themselves constantly battling under repetitive and competitive races; thus increasing the risk of mistakes or bad driving.

Keep it clean ya'll!

The threshold for progressing through the 'B' DR rating is quite high

The DR system would more closely function for its purpose as designed to do if people would just ignore the rating and race at the best controllable repeatable pace they are capable of racing at with whatever car and at whatever track they are racing on.

The "DR" system is not designed to be used as a level to "beat" to advance to the next higher level but rather as what the game uses as a measure of your actual skills to be used to attempt to match racers of closely matched skills in the same race as much as possible from the racers available online at the time of matchmaking.

Some people are "DR A" skilled drivers some are not and may not ever advance their skill sets to that level. It really makes no difference as you can find close racing within whatever DR ranking you may be with other drivers that share the roughly same skills.

If you do actually improve it will be picked up by the in game rating system and your rating will be increased to match your improved skills.

In my opinion tanking your DR level on purpose to find race wins against easier opponents is like the big kid in the higher grade picking on the little kids in first grade on the playground and not something to be proud of.

Much easier to beat up on the little kids and steal their top finishing spots than the bigger ones isn't it? Guess if the smaller kids want to win they have to now tank their DR rankings and go beat up on the brand new even smaller kids!

Higher skilled players tend to find a 'fair' advantage whenever they can - i.e, if it's allowed by the game and not an exploit, it's something that can be used. It's a huge shame for people who relish perfectly clean races, but it's a sad fact of competitive gaming.

So, the higher the skill level, the more apt players will be in finding what they can "get away" with. Some people at DR-S SR-S level actually drive rather dirty, and it's not that they're poor drivers, it's that they have learned that dirty driving is a tool that can be used for a competitive advantage.

Some people at DR-S SR-S level actually drive rather dirty, and it's not that they're poor drivers, it's that they have learned that dirty driving is a tool that can be used for a competitive advantage.

The main advantage that most gamer's have is that those DR S drivers are going to just drive away from most that are not in that S ranking and their dirty tactics will not affect those racing in the same race that are of a lower ranking level.

There are dirty racers in every ranking both SR and DR as that is how they prefer to race. A different letter beside a designated "ranking" does not change that part of some peoples mindset regardless of what you would like to believe.

I lowered myself purposely to check out and get away from the B level. What a difference!

Even 5 guy's going side by side down the straightaway before the finish line (I was no. 5) - not one single misbehaviour in front! I have lived in paradise last tow days!!

I did almost the same thing, DR from a mid B to low B, and SR from S to C. I've had very few problems the last few days except for a troll that frequents the daily races in my continent. It made the game fun again. I got so sick of looking in my mirrors and running off track to avoid getting hit.

VFOURMAX 1 - I agree with your inputs and I can see that is some fact to it - but to tell you the truth I did not lower my DR B to C level just to win more races - no I didn't. I did it because I experience much cleaner races and it's not the pushing and bumbing going down the straightaway or approaching corners. Yes there are a few in that class as well - but not to the same degree. And as mentioned from Draggon - me too - sick of constantly look in the mirror/radar. The attached doesn't really show that the driver in front belong in DR B level. My opinion... - stricter rules are missing and too many people get away with dirty racing. No fun (most times) in that level! (again - my opinion).

Chances are you were racing other DR.B players that did the same thing looking for cleaner races :)
Plus if you lower you DR you have a higher chance of starting in the top with any carnage behind you.

B/S is a problem zone. Starting mid pack isn't bad per se, yet with DR.S / DR.A up front taking away any chance at winning, unqualified DR.A at the back forcing a quick way to the front or crashed DR.A's doing the same thing all adds frustration. More evenly matched groups naturally create fewer problems.

Back