What are some shows or movies you used to like, but dislike/don't care for anymore?

United States
The US of A
If you have been watching shows and movies for a long time, it's not beyond the realm of possibility you have probably had something you initially liked, but later on, you either got to where you didn't like it anymore or just don't care about it as much as you used to. Well, that's what this thread is about and this where you can post about them, shows or movies you used to like, but either dislike or don't care about as much anymore.

Last edited:
Game of Thrones mostly brings abject disappointment because OOOOOOOF D&D did not really stick the landing outside of
Jon Snow NOPEing off to join the freefolk.

If I ever decide to do a rewatch, I'm going in with my
assumption that the White Walkers in fact won the Battle of Winterfell in S8E3 and the last three episodes are a death dream by the survivors of the immediate aftermath.

To be clear, I don't have much of a problem with the contents of the ending as bullet points, but rather the execution. Exemptions include:
  • Bronn, who doesn't understand debt, being given Master of Coin. Also, Lord Paramount of the Reach. Talla Tarly is RIGHT THERE. The Hightowers are there. So are the Florents, Fossoways, Oakhearts, and literally EVERY OTHER FAMILY IN THE REACH.
  • Sam Tarly unironically suggesting immediate democracy despite the track record in the show of sudden institutional changes not being stellar to say the lease. E.x. of Dragons, Bay/Bay, Slavers.
  • ASOIAF namedrop.
  • Rhaegal getting no-scoped. On a boat. On the open water. During a clear day. Through a rock. With missiles that I think someone worked out are capable of launching stuff into orbit. Move the shot that killed Rhaegal until after Team Dany realizes that Euron did another sneaky on them and my problems here vanish.
  • Dany getting just 1.5 episodes and a couple actions that aren't even that bad when put in comparison to what other protags have done to justify her heel turn at the very end. Honestly considering that a lot of my favorite moments came after a season minimum of buildup, would have begun to properly lay the groundwork for the Mad Queen turn back in the middle of Season 6 if I was the one calling the shots. (And no, not mourning her flagrantly abusive brother's death does not make her madness foreshadowed from the beginning.)

Last edited:
I really liked Killjoys when I first saw it, & I binged watched the first 3 series. A long while afterwards I tried to watch the 4th & 5th series but couldn't get past episode 1 as I simply didn't remember the show & got it mixed up with other stuff I'd binge-watched years ago (the catch-up/refresher didn't help either). I think when I binge watch stuff it doesn't go into my long term memory like when I watch a show once a week & have time to absorb it properly.

Top Gear. Some of the best TV there was, but already well past it's excellent best by the time the Clarkson/May/Hammond era came to an abrupt close.

The Simpsons.... used to really enjoy it... haven't watched it since about 2007...

Cars 2.
I really liked this movie when it first came out, so much so, I wanted to see it again after my initial viewing. Although I still like it, over the years I have become less and less fond of it than I used to be. I have just gotten to where I don't really like the whole spy theme of the movie as much anymore and the fact it focused more on that than racing. In retrospect, I kind of liked the racing theme of the first movie better now and I really started feeling that again after seeing the 3rd one since it more or less went back to it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie, it's just not as interesting to me anymore.

Last edited:
Well, Cars 2 was well known as a cash in for Pixar for some bizarre reason from what people online decided to talk about it.

Planes on the other hand was a story that Pixar was experimenting about but it didn't quite work out as they were expanding with the Cars Universe and... I saw what they were trying to do, just you could see it just didn't quite work that well, unless you were a pilot of some sort.

Cars 1 was useful, Cars 3 was going back to roots but it did take a while to hit its strides for sure.

Cars 2 just kinda.... got stuck between Planes and losing the plot entirely. It was still a good film though. With a Deux ExMachina with Lightening McQueen's mate.

Gundam Wing and South Park are easy ones.

When you grow up without Internet and basic cable, there is very little access to entertainment, so you make do with whatever you got. Those two shows were some of the only few I had any interest in, but I remember stopping those long before I had Internet access because one was god awfully slow-paced and boring, and the other's content was too crass for me to enjoy.

Although I still like them, my interest in the Fast and Furious movies has really declined in recent years. For starters, they have got to be the most overplayed movies on TV I can think of and my family likes to watch them whenever they're on. As a result, I have seen them so many times, they just don't interest me like they used to and despite not watching much TV anymore, here recently I have noticed they've been playing them about every week now. On top of that, although I enjoyed the past few movies they've done in recent years, I have gotten to where I don't care to watch them again after my initial viewing for some reason. Again, I still like them, but they just don't interest me nearly as much anymore and at this point, I just feel like they're milking the franchise with each new movie being just another cash grab and I kind of wish they would conclude it already.

The Spongebob Squarepants Movie.
Been a fan of the series for a long time now, I can remember when the movie was new and while I never saw it in theaters, I got to watch it on TV whenever it came on and although I didn't favor the movie very highly, I liked it nonetheless. Then Nick started playing it A LOT more over the years, I kept watching it and eventually, I got very tired of it after seeing it so many times. Nick played it so much over the years, it just wasn't as interesting to me anymore and I had little desire to watch it again. Although it may have been a long time ago and I haven't seen it in years, I still don't really have much interest to watch it and I probably wouldn't watch it unless it's the only thing on. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike it, I just don't care for it much anymore.

South Park is an immediate one. Use to binge that and yet now I have no interest in watching it.

Marvels Agents of Shield.
The first 3 seasons were absolutely incredible. Season 4 was good with Ghost Rider joining the fray but lost a little bit of its wow. And by the end I lost interest and never got back into it from Season 5.

I remember a friend recommending No Game No Life to me and I enjoyed it first time viewing as the games played were exciting to watch

But more time to digest I can't watch it anymore, issue being the characters. The main male character is a power fantasy with no room to actually explore except "relatable" quirks and things he's good at which those characters I never got into and feels corporate. All the female characters don't have much compelling to follow except Stephanie who is by far the best character in the show but she is constantly put down until the end and the main character steals her achievement away anyway by revealing how his team already won before the game start

Sorry to say, but all pre-Daniel Craig Bond movies.
I religiously watched Live and Let Die(Jane Seymour. MaaaAAAAAaaaannnnnn!), You only Live Twice, Octopussy, The Spy Who Loved Me and Moonraker. Not any longer. They're just corny to me.
Roger Moore had good scripts, but since Daniel Craig scripts were more realistic, that just ruined the earlier movies for me.

Cars 2.
I really liked this movie when it first came out, so much so, I wanted to see it again after my initial viewing. Although I still like it, over the years I have become less and less fond of it than I used to be. I have just gotten to where I don't really like the whole spy theme of the movie as much anymore and the fact it focused more on that than racing. In retrospect, I kind of liked the racing theme of the first movie better now and I really started feeling that again after seeing the 3rd one since it more or less went back to it. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie, it's just not as interesting to me anymore.
I talked about this before, but theirs more I want to say on this.

I stand by everything I said in this post, but something else I wanted to mention is I don't like how needlessly dark the movie is at times. Namely when you see Leland Turbo all crushed up and worst of all, Rod Redline's death scene. I know Pixar has made some dark scenes before, but I didn't like these, I thought they were unnecessary and a bit too much for a movie that is somehow rated G. Also, I like Mater, but I find him to be a character best used in bursts, and having him as the main character I just don't think is a good idea. I can remember being pretty glad that he didn't have nearly as much screen time in Cars 3 because he can get kind of annoying after a while.

Lastly, I don't think Cars 2 is a good name for this movie because it contrasts WAY sharply to the first and 3rd movies and feels more like a spin-off than a sequel. Honestly, if they had they had given it a different name, like "The Mater Movie" for instance, that would have changed the context of the whole movie and if done right, it would have worked so much better than just calling Cars 2. It sounds trivial, but it really isn't.

I still like this movie, but as time has gone on, I have taken a step back and some of the shows or movies I used to like so much just don't mean as much as they used to, this being one of them.

Last edited:
Better Call Saul, I stopped after season 4. The long breaks between seasons made me lose interest (same for The Witcher).

I might rewatch it again from the beginning once it's finished, because I forgot a lot of the details and events.

• The Office US - I think the sitcoms with wacky characters only work as long as it has normal characters to contrast them, and make the show grounded in reality. The Office US was great until everyone devolved into raving lunatics. I gave up on the show after season 5.
  • The Big Bang Theory - This was a great show while it was about nerds. But it become atrocious as it started to shift from depicting nerds, to what normies think nerds are like. I quit watching after season 4.
  • Top Gear UK - For obvious reasons. And the Grand Tour had some moments, but it could never recreate the best of TG. Maybe that's why the guys are all doing their own separate thing nowadays.
  • Star Trek - I was loving Star Trek until the end of Enterprise, when Les Moonves killed it because he hated scifi. So I was thrilled when they announced the return of Star Trek with Discovery. Except after watching Eps 1. I was shocked, it didn't have a single ounce of star trek dna. Then I got excited again when they announced Picard, only to watch Eps 1, and be utterly disappointed again. Now I can't even get excited for any new Star Trek, and I don't even want to watch Strange New Worlds Eps1.
  • Star Wars - The Last Jedi buried the franchise, pissed on it, and then poured concrete over it. I have not watched Solo or Rise of Palpatine after that, or have any incing to watch any Disney made Star Wars movie ever again. If they even make more which is unlikely as things stand now. They are content with making mediocre to terrible tv shows and calling fans racists, for not liking the utter ***** writing.

Out of the four Indiana Jones movies, only one is truly great (you know which). Temple of Doom is really nasty with questionable/outdated racial and gender depictions (Mola Ram is utterly terrifying, I will give you that). The Last Crusade has a good flashback cold opening sequence, but the rest is a rethread of the plot of Raiders, the villians are weak and obvious, and the representation Dr. Elsa as a both duplicitous and a conquest for the Joneses' is really awful (they are both jerks around women, who knew). Oh, and both Sallah and Brody are nerfed as bumbling idiots. As for the 4th? Well you know, nuke the fridge and all that, only saw it once, never again.

I don't have high hopes for the next one, and won't revisit the others, but I will still cherish Raiders of the Lost Ark.

I can think of a few things actually:
  • Family Guy - I started watching this show when I was a pre-teen, but kinda lost interest in the show by the time I was in college. I sometimes watch clips of the new show out of curiosity, but then I just go back to something else. I think it's due to the humor changing and the audience the show is aiming at now, it just isn't for me anymore.
  • Top Gear (UK) - The presentation of the cars reviewed was epic to watch for me and the challenges with cheaper cars were so fun to watch. There was also a lot of great jokes written into every episode and I love Clarkson, Hammond, and May's chemistry with each other. I still love that part when watching the Grand Tour. This is why when the 3 left, I just lost interest in the show. Part of me wants to try it because of Chris Harris as a host and it's probably a joy for a new reason, but I don't think it'll be as fun as when Clarkson, Hammond, and May were on it.
  • Spongebob Squarepants - I loved it was a kid and even still enjoy the original 3 seasons as a joke, I think they hold up well. Of course from season 4 and onwards, the show lost its lusture. Once again, the writing mainly just got worse with the characters and jokes imo. Including using jokes that just don't work with me such as mean-spirited stuff. Like with Family Guy, I did watch clips of the later seasons and even 1 or 2 episodes out of curiosity. The writing got better again, but I don't think it'll realistically get back to season 1-3 quality.
  • Fairly Odd Parents - This show got worse due to the creator just adding unnecessary characters to stay relevant, getting rid of existing ones, the writing for characters and jokes getting worse, and the animation I guess getting more simplified. Granted, I was in college by the time I lost interest in this show completely. I know it's a kids show, but hey; there's other shows aimed at kids that can still be fun to watch today.
  • Fast & Furious - It's become a Mission Impossible kind of series that just happens to use cars in it. I know the series was never actually about Street Racing, it was a backdrop in the first movie for an undercover cop trying to catch electronic thieves. But Street Racing was still a big part of the earlier movies. Now, it's not really there. I stopped after Furious 7 as that was Paul Walker's last F&F movie.

Last edited:
Wreck it Ralph.

I think I was just into the video game references back when I first watched it. Now that I followed the story, it's ok, don't really care for it anymore. Didn't bother with the sequel (which from what I heard, diminished the ending of the first one anyway)

The Cat in the Hat 2003 live-action film

I used to like it when I was a child, but now I dislike this film for obvious reasons such as the fact that fans of the original book were annoyed by how many vulgar jokes were in this film. And from what I learned, this film was originally meant to be faithful to the original book according to its original draft, but for some reason, Universal and DreamWorks added modern approach changes like vulgar jokes to this film. Yep, it was their fault for doing that. Thankfully, I am glad that Dr. Seuss' widow banned all future live-action movies based on her husband's works.

Use to love the walking dead, then it kind of stopped being interesting after season 4, but i kept watching till about 789 but it never recovered. Tried to get into it again but too much was forgotten years later. Should've found an abridged version but then again a show shouldn't devolve to being so boring

Use to love the walking dead, then it kind of stopped being interesting after season 4, but i kept watching till about 789 but it never recovered. Tried to get into it again but too much was forgotten years later. Should've found an abridged version but then again a show shouldn't devolve to being so boring
I think it stopped being great after Season 1. But i trudged along until the middle of Season 5 when I finally called it quits. Should have done it 2 seasons earlier TBH, it was the sunken cost fallacy at work.

Last edited:
  • Top Gear (UK) - The presentation of the cars reviewed was epic to watch for me and the challenges with cheaper cars were so fun to watch. There was also a lot of great jokes written into every episode and I love Clarkson, Hammond, and May's chemistry with each other. I still love that part when watching the Grand Tour. This is why when the 3 left, I just lost interest in the show. Part of me wants to try it because of Chris Harris as a host and it's probably a joy for a new reason, but I don't think it'll be as fun as when Clarkson, Hammond, and May were on it.
I watched one episode with Chris Harris and it was abysmal. Basically Chris Harris's role was to get bullied by the other two matcho men.
  • Fast & Furious - It's become a Mission Impossible kind of series that just happens to use cars in it. I know the series was never actually about Street Racing, it was a backdrop in the first movie for an undercover cop trying to catch electronic thieves. But Street Racing was still a big part of the earlier movies. Now, it's not really there. I stopped after Furious 7 as that was Paul Walker's last F&F movie.
I'm probably the only person whose favorite FF movie is 2. The one that didn't have Vinnie in it. I know, I know Tokyo drift didn't even have Paul Walker but that was so bad it was a crime against humanity as far as I'm concerned. The rest of the FF movies were ranging from OK to Meh. I can never unsee the 20 mile long runway. I haven't even watched the latest one yet. The last one I've seen was Ocean's Mission Bond Impossible Heist.

I liked the first 3 the most. Each movie after that just got worse but they're still humorous

Last edited:
m76
I watched one episode with Chris Harris and it was abysmal. Basically Chris Harris's role was to get bullied by the other two matcho men.
Yeah, but what about the car reviews he's done by himself?

Spongebob Squarepants - I loved it was a kid and even still enjoy the original 3 seasons as a joke, I think they hold up well. Of course from season 4 and onwards, the show lost its lusture. Once again, the writing mainly just got worse with the characters and jokes imo. Including using jokes that just don't work with me such as mean-spirited stuff. Like with Family Guy, I did watch clips of the later seasons and even 1 or 2 episodes out of curiosity. The writing got better again, but I don't think it'll realistically get back to season 1-3 quality.
I can understand this reaction. However, I do encourage you to look at some of the most recent episodes some more because I feel like it's gotten better in the past 5 years. A few of the ones I have watched have had references to the older episodes shoved in and they even have brought back some characters we ain't seen in a while. I will admit though, I haven't watched it in a little bit, but if I had to recommend one, it would be Handemonium. A little towards it because we see a lot of different characters on screen that usually have nothing to do with each other, but it's one of the best ones I have seen in recent years and I am sure I could name more.

However, I do encourage you to look at some of the most recent episodes some more because I feel like it's gotten better in the past 5 years. A few of the ones I have watched have had references to the older episodes shoved in and they even have brought back some characters we ain't seen in a while.
I'm aware, I actually said that in what you quoted.
The writing got better again, but I don't think it'll realistically get back to season 1-3 quality.
and I've seen the later episodes, but I still stand by it not getting back to the quality it was at in those seasons. I don't think they can be matched or beaten.

Yeah, but what about the car reviews he's done by himself?
I think he is trying too hard to sound somehow edgy and trendy in his recent reviews, even outside of top gear. He is no longer the car nerd Chris Harris we used to like 10 years ago.

Last edited:
I'm aware, I actually said that in what you quoted.
I know, I'm just saying give it another chance because theirs some genuinely good episodes that have come out in recent years that I can honestly say are worth watching.
I don't think they can be matched or beaten.
And I don't either, but then again, I think I have a nostalgic bias for them. Ironically though, I did myself actually liking the most recent episodes more than the older ones I guess because I had seen the old ones so many times and this was something new I got plenty of enjoyment from.

If you need a little encouragement though, theirs an episode that came out just recently called "Captain Pipsqueak" that features a bunch of returning characters like The Strangler, Doodlebob, and even Dennis from the movie and many more. I haven't watched it yet though, but it seems promising!

Last edited:
I tried to watch Dragnet recently, and realized that it is unbearable trash, despite teen me thinking it was the greatest movie ever.

m76
I think he is trying too hard to sound somehow edgy and trendy in his recent reviews, even outside of top gear. He is no longer the car nerd Chris Harris we used to like 10 years ago.
I still have good memories of chris harris, from ages ago. What piece of media made you dislike him?

Latest Posts

Back